PDA

View Full Version : Help... ignition drama

anak BALAP
17-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Would anybody have any idea to wat my solution is/?

I have a Honda Accord 95 VTi. And my problem is that the ignition will just turn off the engine automatically. I think theres something wrong with ignition barrell thing.

Like in between the 2nd and 3rd position of the key when you turn a little bit. To keep the engine running you have to hold the key with one hand while changing gears with the other and old the steering.

I think what i need to do is replace the whole ignition key thing. Which would mean that i would have to replace the door keys on each panel.

Would anyone have any idea to fixing the problem/?

Please advised anyone, appreciateable.

JohnL
18-09-2008, 11:18 AM
The barrel into which the key fits is seperate to the actual switch (at least it is with CB7 Accords, and I'd expect with yours too). So, it's probable that you'll be able to replace the switch without needing to change the barrel and keys.

The switch will probably look like a short bodied plastic (white?) cylinder with wires attached, and a slot in one end into which fits a tab (protruding from the barrel) that turns the switch itself.

Paul1985
18-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Sounds like an ignition switch problem.
I had to replace an ignition switch on my DA9 and it cost me around $100 to buy the switch.

It's an easy DIY job.

CraterTycho
20-09-2008, 12:13 AM
i had the same problem as u after 4 days i bought my CD5.
the contact point of the ignition switch been worn out (which is a pretty common problem for cd5)
it cost around $90 bucks to get a new ignition switch from honda dealer.
have a read:
http://techauto.awardspace.com/ignitionswitch.html