PDA

View Full Version : Design a Prelude

raaqi
02-10-2004, 10:03 PM
Hey people. I'm a newbie here so be gentle. My wife wants a prelude, I figure if I am going to drive her everywhere I want it to be quick, powerful and comfortable. First things first though, I have a few questions:

1. What Prelude do you recommend I buy?
2. Are all VTI-R's 140kw?
3. Are VTI-R's the most powerful?
4. What mods are required to boost the power a little more, and what gain would I expect to achieve? (Max $4,000 on engine mods)
5. Best place to source it!

I've always liked the preludes, clear tail lights, a respray and leather retrim should do the trick. Hardest part is finding the right one ;-)

Regards,
Raaqi

Chi
02-10-2004, 10:08 PM
1. Gen 5 Prelude, 96' + i believe.
2. Roughly that reading on stock models
3. In australia market they are.
4. Lots of stickers
5. www.tradingpost.com.au , www.carsales.com.au

And get 21 inch chromies , u cant live without them!!

bigteethygrin
02-10-2004, 10:42 PM
exhaust will give you small gains.. intake apparently will but I'd say that is very minimal.. best HP increase i have seen on preludes are from an ecu upgrade. There are a few ecu manufacturers out there that may suit your modding itch. You can probably get a good start by doing a search in these forums.

Myself i only have exhaust mods. I have experienced small gains which are noticable and good.. but not big enough to write home about. Still I'm happy with it.. just ask yourself how much increase you are after.

McChook
03-10-2004, 11:20 AM
Bet HP gains

Shave the cylinder head and slice the head gasket
Hondata

Should net a more than decent compression ratio and power figure - I'd say around 120kw at the wheels, and won't even cost $4K. Spend the rest on a cat back and reasonable intake

LUD02C
03-10-2004, 11:46 AM
Don't put clear tails lights on please :(

azjs
05-10-2004, 10:32 AM
Spot on Chi - raaqi - I hate to break you rexpectations but $4K won't make your prelude as fast as you envision without sacrificing the "comfort" factor...

-az

Wedge
06-10-2004, 03:18 PM
Preludes were more designed for comfort and cruising style rather then outline speed(more Integra) hence the 5 speed not 6 speed gearbox, compression ratio etc. Though it must be said, ECU upgrade and exhaust will give u nice gain.

ASSASSIN
06-10-2004, 03:54 PM
PM sent to Raaqi

~*b*~
06-10-2004, 04:08 PM
1. Gen 5 Prelude, 96' + i believe.
2. Roughly that reading on stock models
3. In australia market they are.
4. Lots of stickers
5. www.tradingpost.com.au , www.carsales.com.au

And get 21 inch chromies , u cant live without them!!

HAhaha! You have got to be joking right??? Have fun trying to fit 21 inch chromies on a lude.. I can barely fit 19's on mine with the guards rolled. Also not picking on you I promise but I am fairly sure the Gen 5 start from 97 to 01? Correct me if I am wrong :p

Also if you need to know anything at all about preludes and also places to source them and also speak to other lude drivers go to www.preludeaustralia.com that place has everything :D

toE
07-10-2004, 02:09 AM
Chi is always serious! ;) 21s are do-able, not impossible :p

~*b*~
07-10-2004, 08:47 AM
Chi is always serious! ;) 21s are do-able, not impossible :p

Hmmm I think in this case they are leaning to more the impossible side. Sorry to disappoint you lol

[Blitz]
07-10-2004, 10:43 AM
With 21's you'll looked like a rollerskate :p
Or more like a skateboard, cos of the Lude's length...

MZVTEC
10-10-2004, 04:31 PM
21s on a lude.. you are joking right ? its nearly impossible parking a lude with 18s without the tyres rubbing against the guards, id like to c you try it with 21s...

clear taillights were made for lexus's and that is where they should remain, if anything go for the CF ones, they look reasonably better..