PDA

View Full Version : Noob questions......

amirul
18-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Hey guys, i got few questions in head need to be answered by pro. since im still junior in Honda/VTEC world lol.....

1. What other cheap mods available to make the VTEC scream loud? So far all i did is took the airbox out, when i take it to 5000rpm its sound very nice. luv it

2. Is it safe to take it up to 8000rpm on stock motor? (since i neva giv it a hit, after saw some nice s2k on youtube i want to now)

3. Head work such as 1mm oversized valve, valve spring, retainer, 280 cams, ported head. Will these mods make it scream loud? I know if i get ITB it will cuz i saw one on youtube, but i dont have >$2g lying around as i need every cents to finish my rexy lol...

4. If i retained stock factory rear muffler, then make one custom one piece pipe from front to rear (no cat) will this be loud?

anyhoo, i got few more question to ask but thought leave it first.

any help greatly appreciated!!

krogoth
18-09-2008, 08:28 PM
1. lol, im no s2k expert, but maybe instead of just removing the airbox, buy some fancy cold air intake, like injen or something

have a search, lots of ppl have got lots of fancy intakes

2. lol, yes it is safe, just make sure u can change gears properly

3. i think u dont really know wats going on here....i dont really understand wat ur implying in this point

lol, ur just listing a bunch of parts that ppl have told u they have on their s2k? ppl get these mods for power mainly b4 extra scream, but yes they should provide extra scream, lol

but all this stuff is very complicated, and ITBs are also very complicated

but yes ITBs wil make ur car scream heaps, lol

4. lol, yes a straight pipe is very loud

and very obvious, it will smell, any1 with half a brain will know straight away ur running a straight pipe

also, no cat = major defect

and a possible 10k fine in some cases, tho its rare

also its supposedly bad for power, as NA cars "need" back pressure, im not sure on the reasons, and but common consensus indicates that a straight pipe doesnt provide extra power, infact u might lose some

finally, ive just given u some VERY VERY bare bones of info, u have to go and research urself

search in here more for a start, lots of info, most of ur questions have been covered before

.::F[L]Y::.
18-09-2008, 08:31 PM
1. To have VTEC sream loud and not suffer 'heat soak' get an AEM V2 intake

2. Yes its a honda. i usually let the red light flicker before i shift....dont be a girl, the car is designed to be driven hard

3.If you wanna go quick, lose the 20's and buy some 17's

4.Fck oath it will be. I had my resonator removed and ran a TP, gave it a nice raspy exhaust note, you will either hate it or love it. Sounded similar to a VW r32

krogoth
18-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Y::.;1899240']1. To have VTEC sream loud and not suffer 'heat soak' get an AEM V2 intake

2. Yes its a honda. i usually let the red light flicker before i shift....dont be a girl, the car is designed to be driven hard

3.If you wanna go quick, lose the 20's and buy some 17's

4.Fck oath it will be. I had my resonator removed and ran a TP, gave it a nice raspy exhaust note, you will either hate it or love it. Sounded similar to a VW r32

EXCELLEnt idea fly

number 3 ftw

even go to some lightweight 16z

will make a massive difference in performance

it wil be like gettng ITBz with no scream, lawl

amirul
18-09-2008, 08:47 PM
love 20", cant live without em.........

believe it or not, im not chasing power but the sound of VTEC scream. that purely my goal. i dont see the point of chasing power out of n/a.

i did had my mate light weight rims on, they do handle very nicely, but look wise. i hate it!!

45SET
18-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Get an injen intake... if that isn't loud enough for you... just run a free manifold :p

In stock form F20c can rev out far beyond 8k... 8k is nothing.

ludecrs
18-09-2008, 09:24 PM
it makes max power (and sound I guess) at 8,800rpm.

ludecrs
18-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Since you're chasing sound, I'd recommend the following. I'm sure someone like Vyets / Jon / John etc will also add in their points yet too but here goes.

Intakes
K&N FIPK has a very audible cross over vtec engagement.
PRM intake.
AEM V2 intake.
Injen intake.

Exhaust
Loud
Berk Technologies
Invidia V1 / V2 / V3 70mm

Medium
J's
Buddyclub
Mugen

No cat converter
high flow cat
test pipe

Headers
Comptech
Toda

Other Suggestions
TWM ITB's

dudeoflife
18-09-2008, 09:34 PM
lol ! .. just scream vtaaaak when you get close to 9k..

imo chromies, let alone 20" chromies dont suit the S2K .. to each their own i guess.

amirul
18-09-2008, 09:49 PM
thanx a lot for the help ludecrs......:thumbsup:

chicken8
18-09-2008, 10:08 PM
i think i speak for alot of people when i say

i always laugh at a car that sounds like its getting thrashed but its not moving anywhere

and thats what your 20s are doing to your car

19-09-2008, 12:24 AM
^^ why do you think people laugh at Honda drivers ;)

vyets
19-09-2008, 12:47 AM
Honestly.. once you get an exhaust it kills the intake sound and depending on some exhaust, its abit harder to hear vtec crossover. One loud intake it all it takes.

I took off my Intake scoop to leave just an open filter in the enginebay, I suffered some mad heatsoak as the J's filter without the box sits right next to the block but the sound was INTENSE! Very very loud, by far the loudest intake I've heard on any car, and my old cars intake was loud. Ask anyone who's seen it. Vtec crossover was VERY VERY obviously and was a total change of pitch. My missus who normally cant tell even noticed and liked the sound. I got heaps of Whistle as well it was just stupid loud my ears were bleeding. Anyway I put the scoop back on so abit quieter :) but performs alot better.

Get a good old filter on a stick like the k&n should be loud enough.

AusS2000
19-09-2008, 08:50 AM
it makes max power (and sound I guess) at 8,800rpm.

Max power is at 8300.

ROLLED
19-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Vtec crossover was VERY VERY obviously and was a total change of pitch.

I don't get it when people say things like this...You're losing heaps of torque under 6k, so of course it's going to be more violent when you go into vtec...I thought that assumption would have been very 'obviously' :p

dwn_boi
19-09-2008, 11:09 AM
lol ! .. just scream vtaaaak when you get close to 9k..
imo chromies, let alone 20" chromies dont suit the s2k .. To each their own i guess.

lmfao

vyets
19-09-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't get it when people say things like this...You're losing heaps of torque under 6k, so of course it's going to be more violent when you go into vtec...I thought that assumption would have been very 'obviously' :p

hahah my bad with the typo
I didn't mean change in power felt same the sound im talking about here :D all sound

NVD52K
19-09-2008, 01:35 PM
just stick to a cold air intake , k&n , aem v2 and i dont mind the look of 20's on a s2000 just the fact weight is heavier

19-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Also those 20's would compromise how efficient your brakes would work. esp the ones that look like dinner plates with small slits in them. Not enough air to cool the brakes down, if you were to try and drive the car enough lol

amirul
19-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Honestly.. once you get an exhaust it kills the intake sound and depending on some exhaust, its abit harder to hear vtec crossover. One loud intake it all it takes.

yea i thought about that, cuz i saw another s2k with exhaust also on 20", he gave it a hit, couldnt hear the intake sound except exhaust lol.......which i dont like.

im only after the intake sound..........thanx once again for help ppl.......start looking @ some nice cold air intake etc.....

CL455
23-09-2008, 09:48 PM
amirul - thought u were selling the s2???? should taken my offer

amirul
25-09-2008, 09:18 AM
yea, still wanna sell it, but in meant time i still wanna enjoy the car etc.........i juz keep goin with the plan wat i want to do with it........until someone come up with price im after then i'll let it go.......