PDA

View Full Version : CL9 Geniune Bluetooth & iPod Adapter

Rob_A
19-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Hey guys

looking at getting these for my 05 euro. Has anyone got these? if so any feedback. I could really do with the handsfree for the phone in the car and it sucks not having a MP3 cd player.

Thanks in Advance

Rob

Suntzu
19-09-2008, 08:25 AM
I used the Xcarlink.Its not perfect but allows use of the steering controls and volume.

tony1234
19-09-2008, 08:45 AM
OEM bluetooth is to much$$$,get aftermarket.I've got a Parrot.This one.$260 installed.:thumbsup:.http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/hands-freecarkits/ck3100-lcd

Crapdaz
19-09-2008, 11:43 AM
i bought a new headunit which has function of CD(mp3z), USB Audio which has built in amp, but will upgrade later with amp + sub.

MangChi
19-09-2008, 02:45 PM
i got the genuine honda ipod kit, works well. no distortion. But its up to you if you wanna fork out the cash for it.

Rob_A
19-09-2008, 04:16 PM
OEM bluetooth is to much$$$,get aftermarket.I've got a Parrot.This one.$260 installed.:thumbsup:.http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/hands-freecarkits/ck3100-lcd

I used to work for a honda dealer and still get looked after. So the $$$ won;t be as much an issue.

I want to go genuine to keep a nicer look and the integration will be a lot easier.

Rob_A
19-09-2008, 04:18 PM
i bought a new headunit which has function of CD(mp3z), USB Audio which has built in amp, but will upgrade later with amp + sub.

I would do that, but sorta stuck with having the leave the old headuint in there and in my on personal opinnon I think it looks stupid having 2 stereo's in the dash. The standard stereo does the job well enough for me, just lacking the MP3 part. The Genuine MP3 single unit is ridiculous in price, hence why I'm looking at the iPod adapter

Rob

tony1234
19-09-2008, 05:50 PM
I used to work for a honda dealer and still get looked after. So the $$$ won;t be as much an issue.

I want to go genuine to keep a nicer look and the integration will be a lot easier.
Isnt it something like $400 odd plus install?

.QD
19-09-2008, 08:59 PM
I have both units. Both work great. No issues @ all with the iPod adapter, but if I knew you could get after market when I was buying my car I would not have got the genuine. I want to sell mine now, so I can get an iPod Adaptor that does iPod+AUX.

Bluetooth is okay, works great. Similar to a Nokia wired car kit, integrates with the stereo so when you get an incoming call the music mutes and so on, the usual.

All I can say is, if I knew I was going to be modding the car I would not have purchased these genuine accessories.

Rob_A
19-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Isnt it something like $400 odd plus install?

I can't remember I priced it up a little while ago, looking at spending my tax return on it.

aday
03-10-2008, 02:53 PM
I've just had the genuine Honda iPod adapter installed. Before I decided on it, my dealer assured me that the unit allows music control to be switched between the head unit and the iPod, however, today when I picked the car up, I was told that the direct control mode (via the iPod) only works for the later-generation iPods, and not my 1st-generation (c. 2005) iPod Nano.

I haven't had time to look at the manual in depth yet, however I did skim over a section of the documentation that suggests that when an iPod (any iPod, regardless of generation) is connected to the adapter, direct control isn't available. I'm hoping that the documentation is just out-of-date, and that my dealer hasn't mislead me!

Can anyone who owns one of these adapters please comment on their mileage with the features? Can you control your iPod directly? And can you select any playlist via the head unit, or must you label your playlists in iTunes as "Honda1", "Honda2", etc, as suggested in the manual?

.QD
03-10-2008, 03:21 PM
yup. it does support hybrid mode, where u can control from the ipod and from the stock headunit.

i have it in mine. u just get the honda logo on the ipod and u can only control it from the head unit/steering wheel. the manual is up-to-date....

aday
03-10-2008, 03:56 PM
yup. it does support hybrid mode, where u can control from the ipod and from the stock headunit.

i have it in mine. u just get the honda logo on the ipod and u can only control it from the head unit/steering wheel. the manual is up-to-date....

So if the Honda logo is showing on the iPod, how do you control the iPod directly? Do you need to tell the Honda adapter (via the head unit) to permit the iPod to control playback? My iPod (1st gen Nano, so a bit older) doesn't respond to any input via the click-wheel when the adapter is connected.

And I don't recall seeing any reference to a Hybrid Mode in the manual I received. Either I have an old copy, or perhaps I've missed it...

.QD
03-10-2008, 04:01 PM
"hybrid mode" is something other ipod adapters allow. not the honda ipod adapter. control is via the stereo, whatever it says on the manual.

aday
03-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Sorry. I'm a little confused. :confused: First you say:

And then...

"hybrid mode" is something other ipod adapters allow. not the honda ipod adapter. control is via the stereo, whatever it says on the manual.

Which one is it? :)

.QD
03-10-2008, 08:40 PM
whoops. sorry m8. wasnt meant to say "yup. it doesn't support hybrid mode, where u can control from the ipod and from the stock headunit."

sorry.

BlueR_Surfer
03-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Hey Guys,

Have you all ever thought of upgrading to aftermarket HU , cos the stock units Sound Quality really sucks.

Cheers!

aday
04-10-2008, 01:44 AM
whoops. sorry m8. wasnt meant to say "yup. it doesn't support hybrid mode, where u can control from the ipod and from the stock headunit."

sorry.

No worries. Thanks for the clarification.

I think I'll have to have a few words with my dealer regarding the false claims they made to me about this product. :thumbdwn:

.QD
04-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Hey Guys,

Have you all ever thought of upgrading to aftermarket HU , cos the stock units Sound Quality really sucks.

Cheers!

I have aftermarket HU aswell. I dont mind the stock speakers and hu. Im not down with no boot space coz I have 2 subs in the boot anymore. He he.

BlueR_Surfer
04-10-2008, 10:06 AM
I have aftermarket HU aswell. I dont mind the stock speakers and hu. Im not down with no boot space coz I have 2 subs in the boot anymore. He he.

You got to change the speakers to components mate, you never know wat you are missing. Wat HU are you using , wat brand of subs , are they 10" or 12". Wat Amps are you driving them on?

Cheers!

angrydwarf
12-10-2008, 05:58 PM
I’ve just had the Bluetooth kit installed by my dealer. Microphone didn’t work so I pulled some trim off for a look and was not impressed. Bits broken everywhere, tore the service manager a new one.

Some general observations
1 Sound quality makes a VOIP phone call seem high quality.

2 Only my left front speaker carries the call audio. For some reason I thought it would be both front speakers.

3 Music and sat nav audio (from my N95) both play through the car speaker. If it was stereo and better quality than a 1920s grammar phone this would be great.

I will drop the car in next week to have the broken trim replaced. I have just tried the kit again and the microphone now works. They didn’t have it plugged in properly. I hope this apprentice only does phone kits, I would hate him to work on my engine.

While I was having a whinge I told the service manager that my car needed a wheel alignment from brand new and I was surprised when he told me it wasn’t even part of a Honda pre delivery. I am convinced that Honda has dropped the ball on quality, maybe just my dealer.

.QD
12-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Yup, thats what I dont like with the Honda BT kit, if you have a Nokia connected to it, everysound the phone makes it tries to play via the BT kit, not just calls.

angel
12-10-2008, 06:29 PM
ive got honda bluetooth hands free in my '07 euro lux dealer installed when i bought my car 8months ago, works well, sound from speaker ok, only one thing that annoys me is once your mbl is connected to the system, you always have to adjust the volume to get the sound louder, it doesnt preset your sound setting. Im used to it now. just depends how much you want to spend.

BiLL|z0r
13-10-2008, 12:17 PM
If I were any of you guys I would have got a Nokia BT kit off ebay and a Telemute cable for the Honda OEM headunit. No cutting of wires, sound from both front speakers and seperate volume control.
I have this setup in my Jazz and another Telemute cable waiting for the Euro if I could be bothered buying another Nokia BT kit.

ndeuro_
13-10-2008, 02:46 PM
i bought this for $350AUD its hasnt been released in australia yet. i got it off ebay. pick up from a dude in sunshine. JN7 got one too. he can vouch on how good it is

http://www.rev.com.my/images/PioneerFHP6050UB.jpg