PDA

View Full Version : EG GLi wants Swaybar

hastE
19-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Can someone confirm if EH VTi have swaybar LCA holes?

And if its interchangeable for EG LCA?

jdm_b16a
19-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Do some research, pick a size then ...

Buy a swaybar and bolt it on. :angel:

Seriously though you need to understand a little bit of vehicle dynamics before just bolting on any old swaybar.

Peter

Alexx
19-09-2008, 01:50 PM
You will need an ITR bar, 23mm D Bushes, and ITR endlinks

Also depending if your LCAs have the holes for a swaybar already, you may need to buy EG vti/si rear LCAs with the endlink holes in order to fit the bar

Q_ball
19-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Afaik, the easiest way to fit an ITR sway on an EG is to also purchase an ASR brace which will allow the sway to bolt striaght up to the car without having to change LCAs.

hastE
19-09-2008, 02:01 PM
You will need an ITR bar, 23mm D Bushes, and ITR endlinks

Also depending if your LCAs have the holes for a swaybar already, you may need to buy EG vti/si rear LCAs with the endlink holes in order to fit the bar

Thank you

hastE
19-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Do some research, pick a size then ...

Buy a swaybar and bolt it on. :angel:

Seriously though you need to understand a little bit of vehicle dynamics before just bolting on any old swaybar.

Peter

i think i know abit more "vehicle dynamics" then you think

ive just converted from nissan to honda, so little things like putting on a ITR sway isnt just a straight bolt on.

im am after all a honda newbie :)

hastE
19-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Afaik, the easiest way to fit an ITR sway on an EG is to also purchase an ASR brace which will allow the sway to bolt striaght up to the car without having to change LCAs.

Really? 100% straight bolt on?

Thanks Qball

Alexx
19-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Yes, it will be straight bolt on the the subframe with the asr brace, however you will still need to have LCAs that have the holes for the endlinks. Just take a look under the car and check.

Cant remember from memory if GLI lcas have the holes or not

Q_ball
19-09-2008, 02:22 PM
EG is completely transferrable with a DC2/4,

So if i could bolt it straight up to the DC4, then the EG should be A-OK.

hastE
19-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Yes, it will be straight bolt on the the subframe with the asr brace, however you will still need to have LCAs that have the holes for the endlinks. Just take a look under the car and check.

Cant remember from memory if GLI lcas have the holes or not

so i would still need aftermarket LCAs? =\

ive checked my LCA, only has 3 holes which all are being used.

Alexx
19-09-2008, 03:03 PM
No, you dont need aftermarket LCAs, but you will need Lcas off an EG vti or si, which came with swaybars from the factory. Hit a wrecker up or post in the wanted to buy section.

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, you need LCAs with the 4th little hole in them, as seen here (ignore the aftermarket arms):

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1803/comparisonjz8.jpg

hastE
19-09-2008, 05:55 PM
thats awesome alex!

yep my lca only has 3 holes, will check up wreckers and post up WTB

+rep

hastE
23-09-2008, 04:45 AM
Can someone confirm if EH VTi have swaybar LCA holes?

And if its interchangeable for EG LCA?