PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] scratched window tints

unity
19-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Hi, there has been much discussion about this, however, I noticed the other day that both my front windows had a scrath in the identical location running from top to bottom on both the windows. Is there some part of the door that may have caused these marks because I highly doubt that a piece of debris has lodged itself in and identical location either side of the car.
These scrathes are noticable even on a cloudy day (as it was today in Melbourne).
The dealer said that it's not a warranty issue.
Why not? I have read that heaps of people on here have had their tints replaced under warranty.
Thank you.

George euro
19-09-2008, 11:58 PM
hey that is very interesting because i have the same problem with my car too!! the scrtaches on the tints are pretty badd

unity
20-09-2008, 12:06 AM
hey that is very interesting because i have the same problem with my car too!! the scrtaches on the tints are pretty badd

Yes. People talk about scrathes that you can only see in sunlight and only at certain angles. However, my scrathes are obvious and they are symmetrical in nature. I was not warned that this was a possibility and that it seemed to be a problem with the Euro. The dealer was only too happy to offer tints as an after market sale. But what's the point organising tints through the dealer then when you have a problem no one is there to help you. My car is only 4 months old.

George euro
20-09-2008, 12:10 AM
hmmm very good point like mine is older its an 03 but the scratches now that i think bout it do seem pretty strange i just thought i needed new tints, very interesting point their i wanna look into it further now, i already made honda put me breand spanking new head lights due to moisture

unity
20-09-2008, 12:20 AM
If it was caused by debris I can accept that. But my scathches seem to be caused by something within the door mechanism, and if that's the case Honda should be responsible.

Bigpauly2788
20-09-2008, 07:34 AM
You would think that after seeing this happen with previous models of the Euro, that they would look into it and stop it from happening with the new CL9. :( im begining to think that i should just leave my windows clear :S

tony1234
20-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Hi, there has been much discussion about this, however, I noticed the other day that both my front windows had a scrath in the identical location running from top to bottom on both the windows. Is there some part of the door that may have caused these marks because I highly doubt that a piece of debris has lodged itself in and identical location either side of the car.
These scrathes are noticable even on a cloudy day (as it was today in Melbourne).
The dealer said that it's not a warranty issue.
Why not? I have read that heaps of people on here have had their tints replaced under warranty.
Thank you.
It's fine dust particles that because of the tight fit of the interior trim that sits on the inside of the window glass get in between the two and when you wind your window up or down it then scratches the tint.I've got an 06 and my drivers side has some fine scratches on the tint and i'm getting it replaced next week under warranty.

unity
20-09-2008, 08:52 AM
It's fine dust particles that because of the tight fit of the interior trim that sits on the inside of the window glass get in between the two and when you wind your window up or down it then scratches the tint.I've got an 06 and my drivers side has some fine scratches on the tint and i'm getting it replaced next week under warranty.

Just out of interest who is organising the retint? Is it the dealer or the tinter?

unity
20-09-2008, 08:53 AM
Is there anyone here that was refused a warranty claim on their tints?

tony1234
20-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Just out of interest who is organising the retint? Is it the dealer or the tinter?
The tinter,but i got it tinted from the dealer when the car was new.

unity
20-09-2008, 10:30 AM
The tinter,but i got it tinted from the dealer when the car was new.

Yes same here. I have rung all the dealers in Melbourne that are open on a Saturday and most cover tint scrathing, but one or two don't.
So fellow Euro owners before you get tinting done through the dealer ask two questions:
1) will they cover scrathes on the film and
2) will felt be installed during the tint to reduce the possibility of scratching
Only go ahead if the answer is yes to both.

Bigpauly2788
21-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Ok so as far as i know, we need a tinter that is able to tint AND apply felt to each door.

Does anyone know a tinter who is able to offer this service so that the "scratching" of the tint film does not occur?

Thing is i need my windows tinted because the heat is a shocker especially when you have your car parked out doors throughout the day and have BLACK leather !

cheers guys

tron07
22-09-2008, 08:55 AM

I am thinking to tint my car (thinking again :p)... when are you going to go do it?

Bigpauly2788
22-09-2008, 09:22 AM
I might tint mine this week, but il be sure to ask the guy if scratches occur weather he will re-tint it.

And also il ask him if he can put some kind of felt or somethin, but my 06 euro already has felt soo :S mabe it just doesnt work very well :S

Crapdaz
22-09-2008, 09:24 AM
how long do you take to notice your scratches?

i haven't had any on my 03, been tinted for a couple of months.

unity
22-09-2008, 01:31 PM
I might tint mine this week, but il be sure to ask the guy if scratches occur weather he will re-tint it.

And also il ask him if he can put some kind of felt or somethin, but my 06 euro already has felt soo :S mabe it just doesnt work very well :S

Give the tint professor a call. They seem to know about the Euro tint problem and they say they will install the felt. However, talking to tint-a-car they said they don't usually apply the felt and said they don't discuss with the customer what they do during the tinting procedure. Tint-a-car, however, said because I was aware of the Euro felt issue they would install the felt. It seems that unless otherwise asked by the customer tint-a-car won't install felt. They guy at tint professor was super helpful and friendly.

tony1234
22-09-2008, 04:35 PM
how long do you take to notice your scratches?

i haven't had any on my 03, been tinted for a couple of months.
Approx.12 mths.

delbarrio
25-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Hi guys,
got a used euro 06 sport few weeks ago, has no tinting, never had a car without tints before so dying to get it done asap, however all my prev cars came tinted already so its first time i am actually looking for a tinter and been doing some research..according to this forum and few others theres a guy in melb east ..sam, who does a decent job, i gave him a call and he said he puts felt in but i have to provide it, said bunnings has it, anyone else used him and had to do this also? Anyone know which felt exactly i need to get?

I am thinking of going with him after all the reports i hear, but tint a car is close to my work (the one in north melb), anyone had good/bad experiences with them? They quoted $295 for their darkest legal tint midnight express

unity
25-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Hi guys,
got a used euro 06 sport few weeks ago, has no tinting, never had a car without tints before so dying to get it done asap, however all my prev cars came tinted already so its first time i am actually looking for a tinter and been doing some research..according to this forum and few others theres a guy in melb east ..sam, who does a decent job, i gave him a call and he said he puts felt in but i have to provide it, said bunnings has it, anyone else used him and had to do this also? Anyone know which felt exactly i need to get?

I am thinking of going with him after all the reports i hear, but tint a car is close to my work (the one in north melb), anyone had good/bad experiences with them? They quoted $295 for their darkest legal tint midnight express

As I posted before tint-a-car dont routinely apply the felt even though they are aware of the Euro tint scratch problems. It seems ridiculous that you need to supply your own felt. If something happens to your tint because you supplied your own felt they will have an escape route when it comes time to honouring your warranty.
The tint professor sounded very professional and right on the ball. Atleast give them a call first and discuss the issue with them.

delbarrio
25-09-2008, 07:46 PM
As I posted before tint-a-car dont routinely apply the felt even though they are aware of the Euro tint scratch problems. It seems ridiculous that you need to supply your own felt. If something happens to your tint because you supplied your own felt they will have an escape route when it comes time to honouring your warranty.
The tint professor sounded very professional and right on the ball. Atleast give them a call first and discuss the issue with them.

sorry i dont think my post was clear, the supply my own felt wasnt with tint-a-car option, its with some guy who has done tints for others on this forum and other forums. Your are right about tint a car they dont routinely apply felt, i had to request it when i called for a quote, i dont have to supply my own. I just read somewhere that midnight express, their darkest film isnt really that dark which is why i am undecided and want to go in to the shop 2moro to see for myself hoepfully they r doin a job at the time so i can see how well they do it. Tint pro was my first choice but i have read few things in diff forums that have suggested its a bit of a mixed bag with them as i would expect from a largish company having so many different tinters, if someone has a contact (pref in melb city area) i would gladly call them, i just dont really trust booking them in via normal channels (phone/web) and having some amateur joe doing my car because it seems their 30 day unconditional warranty can sometimes be a hassle to claim under, whilst some ppl have no probs some have had to go all way to head office to try and have their issue sorted.