PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Allignment Question

Lukey
20-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Got some Sportmax rims, going to be used for weekend driving and cruises. And using stockies during the week to and from work.

Will I need a wheel alligment once I firts put the sportmax rims on? or is it not worth it?

trism
20-09-2008, 03:21 PM
the actual wheels that are fitted have nothing to do with wheel alignment

its all in teh suspension geometry

Lukey
20-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Once I get coilovers, camber, etc, set it up how i want. Would I then get the wheel allignment?

If I have stock settings during the week, tiny bit of camber, sitting not so low to the ground,

then on weekend or cruise, i put a lot more camber, lower it to max

would it be right? Or would i be better of leaving it on one setting the whole time?

aaronng
20-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Leave it on one setting unless you feel like giving away $60 every weekend for a wheel alignment.

nd55
20-09-2008, 06:13 PM
> i put a lot more camber, lower it to max ...

Reasonable camber isn't the primary cause of tyre wear, toe is.

Nick.

Lukey
20-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Leave it on one setting unless you feel like giving away $60 every weekend for a wheel alignment.

Mmmm... thats what i was afraid of.

> i put a lot more camber, lower it to max ...

Reasonable camber isn't the primary cause of tyre wear, toe is.

Nick.

Can you explain to me what toe is?

dudeling7
20-09-2008, 07:57 PM
to is the angle that the wheels are pointing if you are (say looking at your car from a bird eye view and could see the wheels through the body of your car). it would look to you that your wheels are straight ahead as such ----> II II

the toe is the angle that the wheels is left or right on this plane. so toe out would look like this: \\ //

toe in: // \\

obviously not to that extent but you get the point.