bentusi123
21-09-2008, 01:13 AM
comparing CU2 and CL9
CU2 has 148KW
CL9 has 140KW
in the real life, which one is faster?
and which one has better handling?
cuz someone call CL9 is profect euro.
and someone call CU2 is unfinished product.

Type R Positive
21-09-2008, 05:14 AM
Drive both and compare for yourself. :thumbsup:

I could have saved myself a few grand and brought another CL9, but I spent the extra and got a CU2. There is no comparison IMO, the CU2 is better in every way.

The handling is the major improvement, has so much more grip, and sits flat in the turns, so in real life, this equates to a faster ride over all.

Engine torque is also a big improvement, and combined with the shorter gearing, the CU2 is actually quicker in a straight line than the CL9, dispite the extra weight.

I used to have a CL9, so i'm not biased. :p

Euro08Jaz
21-09-2008, 05:21 AM
lol but you do own a cu2 now. but i tend to agree they dont make new cars shitter, but they could be taking the euro in a slightly diffrent direction, eg luxury?

Xplodin
21-09-2008, 06:45 AM

I could have saved myself a few grand and brought another CL9, but I spent the extra and got a CU2. There is no comparison IMO, the CU2 is better in every way.

The handling is the major improvement, has so much more grip, and sits flat in the turns, so in real life, this equates to a faster ride over all.

Engine torque is also a big improvement, and combined with the shorter gearing, the CU2 is actually quicker in a straight line than the CL9, dispite the extra weight.

i suppose it comes down to every ones opinion. Where as i'm more for the CL9 rather than the CU2. I still feel the CL9 is faster than the CU2. I've test drove both and through twisties i still like the CL9 more. Although i do have to say the stock handling on the CU2 and breaking is much better. IMO the CL9 is faster or to me feels faster than the CU2. Also the buttons on the center console OMG way way too much i couldnt even find the tune button. At the end of the day its comes down to personal opinion. I still think the CU2 is more of that Family Crusier rather than a sports sedan. But thats just my two cents.

Type R Positive
21-09-2008, 07:25 AM
lol but you do own a cu2 now.
There is a good reason for that! ;)

Yeah, if I thought for a second that the CU2 was not worth it, I would have got a runout CL9 and saved myself $6k+.

but i tend to agree they dont make new cars shitter, but they could be taking the euro in a slightly diffrent direction, eg luxury?
Slightly different direction..... Hmmm. I still think it is aimed even more squarely at the young professional. It's taken everything the CL9 was, and improved them. If the CU2 weighed the same as the CL9, there would be no fuss at all.

Still room for improvement, but I keep telling myself that you still cannot beat it for the money. Thats what the appeal was for the CL9, and it's still the same with the CU2.

Type R Positive
21-09-2008, 07:30 AM
Although i do have to say the stock handling on the CU2 and breaking is much better.
I don't like the feel of the brakes on my CU2. I certainly will get some new pads for it to improve the feel. It does pull up in a hurry though when you stand on it.

Also the buttons on the center console OMG way way too much i couldnt even find the tune button.lol! You get used to it, but I haven't even used 3/4 of those buttons.... But the stereo is heaps better this time round!

aaronng
21-09-2008, 08:33 AM
I reckon the CU2 has become more mature. Some people prefer that, while others say poo poo and prefer the traditional Honda which gave us exciting cars. Mind you, the CL9 was no where near exciting either. LOL. I'm waiting for a CU2 owner to rock up at the Ozhonda meets and get swamped by all of us to give us a test ride. LOL

yfin
21-09-2008, 08:48 AM
The handling is definately better on the CU2 stock for stock - acceleration in the manual is about the same (7.8 sec to 100) but it feels very different in the way it revs. The CU2 revs very fast - I am sure the gearing is shorter and VTEC high cam is lower. Brakes are also bigger.

CU2 is a better car if you want to keep it stock.

tony1234
21-09-2008, 09:18 AM
The handling is definately better on the CU2 stock for stock - acceleration in the manual is about the same (7.8 sec to 100) but it feels very different in the way it revs. The CU2 revs very fast - I am sure the gearing is shorter and VTEC high cam is lower. Brakes are also bigger.

CU2 is a better car if you want to keep it stock.
Exactly.I've driven the CU2 although only for 20 mins.stock handling is better than the CL9,vtec crossover is 5K instead of 6K in CL9.But ive got Bilsteins with Eibachs,Comptech icebox and header and other lesser mods so i find my CL9 performs and handles better than the CU2.But to get it to this stage it has cost me approx.$4k.:eek:

boleh
21-09-2008, 10:40 AM
In developing the CU2, Honda dared not change the formula too drastically as the CL9 was a huge success esp. the design. Look at prev gen Mazda6 and compare it with the current -- looks completely different and a hell lot better. What the CU2 looks like to me is almost a desperate attempt, not that it's any bad at all but it looks like Honda was trying to make some changes to make CU2 look different and at the same time they were very nervous about it. Fortunately they didnt screw it up. I guess it's just hard to make something that looks so good even better.

I havent driven the CU2 yet and maybe that tells a completely different story?

EDIT: For a potential buyer looking at CU2 vs CL9. It would be wise to go for the CU2, of course :)

johnnyofhk
21-09-2008, 12:19 PM
im so much wanna buy CU2 instead of CL9, I was looking at top model with nav, they are nearly 10K difference... :( for about 52-55K, Shouldnt i go for second hand 20000km, BMW320i with navi, tv, xenon, logic sound system + m sports pack?

aaronng
21-09-2008, 12:33 PM
im so much wanna buy CU2 instead of CL9, I was looking at top model with nav, they are nearly 10K difference... :( for about 52-55K, Shouldnt i go for second hand 20000km, BMW320i with navi, tv, xenon, logic sound system + m sports pack?

LOL @ 320i

Sorry, I'd just get the Lux with sat nav, and save the remainder 10k for fuel and running costs.

bentusi123
21-09-2008, 01:01 PM

i tried both as well, but i feel CL9 is better.
the CL9 give me a sport feeling at some stage.
but the CU2 give me a family car feeling. bigger body and much space for passengers. new design of inside but i couldnt use to it.
but CU2 is very nice car, u get what u should have at that price, much more.
so, CU2 is the best choice at the price budget.
i remember u can get MT CU2 for 32500. am i right? or something around that price.

johnnyofhk
21-09-2008, 01:01 PM
LOL @ 320i

Sorry, I'd just get the Lux with sat nav, and save the remainder 10k for fuel and running costs.

that's y i am driving cl9...... :(

rambohung
21-09-2008, 08:24 PM
I had a test drive with the CU2 as well. I agree with most of u guys. CU2 is more executive rather than sporty feel, they wanted to be like the BMW 3 series.... so are their prices....

With the lowering of Centre of Gravity, less body roll compare to CL9.

It gives a more consistent power through the rev (but I like the rush of power with the CL9 lol). The larger more consistent of power countered the weight, it feels like it has about the same acceleration.

The wider of wheels, bigger brakes, new chassis& suspension design also countered the weight during cornering, it feels like it has about the same a
+ bit more traction & stability with CU2. (Salesman next to me and I don't like to crash the car.... not a good idea to push it too hard lol)

My personal feel about CU2 is definely:thumbsup: , more comfortable but when they qoute me the price for a standard auto $39K on road...... :unlove:

Type R Positive
21-09-2008, 08:54 PM
they qoute me the price for a standard auto $39K on road...... :unlove:Yeah, best wait till after xmas. I got my 6mt for $36k with a few extras.

Type R Positive
21-09-2008, 08:58 PM
I think because the whole car works so well, it makes it feel less sporty. I don't get that feeling of on the edge like in the CL9.

The power is nice, there's a rush definately at ~4k rpms. Gets real quick in a hurry, but feels a whole lot more stable than CL9.

SpeedBird
21-09-2008, 09:14 PM
I think because the whole car works so well, it makes it feel less sporty. I don't get that feeling of on the edge like in the CL9.

The power is nice, there's a rush definately at ~4k rpms. Gets real quick in a hurry, but feels a whole lot more stable than CL9.

Its the extra length in the wheelbase and a wider track stance that makes it more stable and improves the handling just a tad better.

bigdongers
21-09-2008, 09:53 PM

the luxury navi auto is like 49k driveaway. I would get the euro unless you really wanted the bmw badge.

Type R Positive
21-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Its the extra length in the wheelbase and a wider track stance that makes it more stable and improves the handling just a tad better.more than just a tad.....:)

Euro08Jaz
21-09-2008, 11:16 PM
im getting sick of the cu2 and cl9 bashing, lol type r its 2 be expected that people wont agree with you on a predominantly cl9 forum. that does not mean that the cu2 is a bad car, you need to own a car to experience it, not just first impressions and you have owned both giving you a better insight than many.

i guess when it comes to comfort and space the cu2 wins without question.

when it comes to performance and handling you can look at specs but ultimately its time to take your car 2 a track

any stock cu2 wanna go a cl9 and Wakefield?

Type R Positive
22-09-2008, 03:55 AM
Lol, I don't care, and Im sure everybody else doesn't care. Discussion is the main thing. :)

You should hop on the Yanky forums and see half the shit people say on there!

tron07
22-09-2008, 09:02 AM
CL9 is great, CU2 is also a great car... if I were to buy one now, of course it will be the new one..... but since I got a 06, most probably will skip CU2 and see whats next.

UNLS1
22-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Cu2 for shizzle. for one its a newer model.
2. it looks more sporty and aggressive
3. Seats are 100x better
4. stereo better
5. wheels and brakes better
6. lux has better options than cl9
7. gear changes in auto smoother
8. who cares what ur friends think, wats this un finished product crap, remember they are just opinions, and not very good ones at that!

bigdongers
22-09-2008, 11:47 AM
I took a Lux Auto Navi CU2 for a test drive last week and its a fantastic car.

The front seats are great and the whole car just works really well. The CL9 is a great car too though.

LXRY
22-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Cu2 for shizzle. for one its a newer model.
2. it looks more sporty and aggressive
3. Seats are 100x better
4. stereo better
5. wheels and brakes better
6. lux has better options than cl9
7. gear changes in auto smoother
8. who cares what ur friends think, wats this un finished product crap, remember they are just opinions, and not very good ones at that!

1. have to agree it's newer
2. aggressive, yes...sporty no comment.
3. crap softer leather, front seats shoulder area flimsy, (cl9 has a superior hide + shoulder area not so flimsy)
4. what makes the stereo better ? cause it has 10 speakers ? have to disagree (no name brand with try hard 10 speakers system, tring to compete with mazda6 bose system----no comparison)
5. Which wheels are better 17" or 18" personally think they 'crap'...
6. some better options yes...passenger side mirror dips, memory seating..anything else ?
7. auto a 'slug'
8.how many have honda sold ?

CL9 is great, CU2 is also a great car... if I were to buy one now, of course it will be the new one..... but since I got a 06, most probably will skip CU2 and see whats next.

A wise one among us all :thumbsup:

Type R Positive
22-09-2008, 06:55 PM
[3] I thought the leather was fine, but did think CL9 looked better. The fabric in the CU2 is definately better and harder wearing. Shoulder area flimsy? Don't know exactly what you mean?

[4] lol, stereo is better, because it sounds better! It's got the aux input standard too.
Panasonic no name brand? LOL! That's a new one.....

[5] I think the wheels are crap on both CL9 and CU2, but IMO CU2's feet do look better.
But 17" on std / 18" on lux with no tramlining! FTW

[7] I thought the auto was a slug too, then I shifted it into 'S'......

Economic
22-09-2008, 07:51 PM
I was looking into a new subaru when Honda had their runouts of CL9. I started ringing around and went to a dealer who was showing me the CU2. I liked the CU2 and thought the CL9 runout would look similar (which was not the case). Once price came around particularly on sat-nav models, CL9 won hands down.

To be honest I didn't even test drive either the CU2 or CL9. I just bought the CL9 based on reviews and new that Honda had to be the same if not better than a subaru. It's a great car to drive. Much better than my Subaru liberty (2000 model) :)

Honda certainly needs to work on their sat-nav's. Subaru blows it out of the water.

aaronng
22-09-2008, 08:29 PM
^^ wow, that's a lot of faith to buy a car that you didn't test drive.

devilians
22-09-2008, 08:32 PM
After reading this thread I went to HONDA dealer to test drive the CU2 today
I have the 07 Lux CL9 here's what I have to say

1. CU2 looks like CL9 have a baby with 300C and then cross mix with Holden
2. Sound system wasn't as good as the CL9
3. Leather seat was disappoionting (I think most CL9 owners will agree on this)
4. When slowing down it has funny noise
5. Good handling
6. Breaks are a bit better but not that much (guess it's a heavier car)

My opinions if you like the current CL9 don't worry about getting the CU2, if you are due for a new car and you think the price is right why not, but if was me I'll wait for the next one and keep my CL9 cause I simply like the look of the CL9 better for some reason I think Honda might have rushed it so maybe after the mid life update will be better after all made by Honda not gonna be too bad

unity
22-09-2008, 08:35 PM
^^ wow, that's a lot of faith to buy a car that you didn't test drive.

That all depends what you primary purpose of buying a car is. If it is merely to get you from a to b then I don't think it matters what car you drive.
I also purchased my CL9 during the run out sale without test driving it

kimnkk
22-09-2008, 09:07 PM
3. crap softer leather, front seats shoulder area flimsy, (cl9 has a superior hide + shoulder area not so flimsy)
4. what makes the stereo better ? cause it has 10 speakers ? have to disagree (no name brand with try hard 10 speakers system, tring to compete with mazda6 bose system----no comparison)
6. some better options yes...passenger side mirror dips, memory seating..anything else ?
7. auto a 'slug'

3. The leather definitely owns the CL9 leather. The CL9 leather feels thin and too hard, even when new. The seats are also far more comfortable, and i don't know what you mean about 'flimsy' shoulder area. Maybe its softer there so people can actually turn around and reach into the back for whatever reason (like getting a melway out of the passenger seat pocket).

4. I've found the stereo to be better than the CL9 one. Would hardly call Panasonic no brand, and Bose the be all and end all of audio.

5. Both the stock 17" and 18" look better than the stock 16" and 17" of the CL9, imo. The only CL9 stock alloy that looked good is the 05 lux and sport alloys.

6. Way better build quality. Notice how everything feels a little 'rattly' or 'thin' in the CL9? Everything has smoother operation in the CU2. Compartment doors open smoothly, instead of flick open and closed like in the CL9 - especially the cup holder and cigarette lighter ones.

7. The auto is more responsive than the CL9 auto, and paddle shifts are more useful than the manual stick shift in the CL9 auto.

8. Wouldn't be surprised if they sold less than the CL9 did at its equivalent time after release. After all, car sales are pretty much down across the board, not only at Honda.

Economic
22-09-2008, 09:07 PM
That all depends what you primary purpose of buying a car is. If it is merely to get you from a to b then I don't think it matters what car you drive.

Don't get me wrong. I read MANY reviews and although everyone's opinion is different, the general consensus was a good car. I spoke to a friend of mine and he said it was great car but had to get rid of his 2004-2005 model (not sure which) because it was a manual and his mrs couldn't drive it.

I guess I may have organised a test drive, but only 2-3days out before 30th June, these cars were walking out the door. I really wanted a black with black fabric (standard), but it sold the same day I enquired. I ended up with Pearl white, leathe, sat nav.. big difference to the model I was originally going for :)

I am a bit disappointed in the tan leather. Damn it gets dirty easy, particuarly with jeans.

aaronng
22-09-2008, 09:28 PM
It might just be me, but I'm don't part with my hard earned money that easily without actually trying what I want to buy. Same with all things that require a personal liking, like jeans, clothing, cars, exotic foods.

unity
23-09-2008, 12:09 AM
It might just be me, but I'm don't part with my hard earned money that easily without actually trying what I want to buy. Same with all things that require a personal liking, like jeans, clothing, cars, exotic foods.

Well my wife actually test drove the car and she liked it. We were in the position that we needed to purchase two new cars. So if I didn't like it she would have keep the Euro and I would have settled for something else. But generally speaking I am very happy with the car.

tony1234
23-09-2008, 08:19 AM
Yeah,i agree.In particular a car.There is NO WAY i would buy a car without test driving it 1st.Anyway just my opinion.:)

Type R Positive
23-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Yeah,i agree.In particular a car.There is NO WAY i would buy a car without test driving it 1st.Anyway just my opinion.:)
Hell yeah! I was going to get a Pajero short wheel base when I got my Prado,I was all set to buy, did all the hard yards and everything, but it was the biggest bucket of snot on the road. Glad I test drove that car.....

tritty
23-09-2008, 07:30 PM
7. auto a 'slug'

LMAO - yet another CU2 bashing, when are you going to get over the fact the CU2 is a better car than the CL9 as you would expect with 5 years advancement in technology.

LXRY
24-09-2008, 06:51 PM
LMAO - yet another CU2 bashing, when are you going to get over the fact the CU2 is a better car than the CL9 as you would expect with 5 years advancement in technology.

For 5 years they havn't really done much to change the car, just a gimmick if you ask me.......same car just with a facelift.

Better car yes they seemed to have fixed most of the *uck ups on the cl9....new dash to fix the rattles, wider track to fix the bad tramlining better braking and thrown in a few extras along the way e.g memory seating, dipping passenger side mirror, 10 speaker stereo which really isn't needed.
;)

rambohung
24-09-2008, 10:00 PM
does anyone know how they lowered the Centre of gravity on CU2 from CL9?

Type R Positive
24-09-2008, 10:23 PM
does anyone know how they lowered the Centre of gravity on CU2 from CL9? They lowered the body on the chassis, fuel tank lower, amongst other things. Hence the weird boot.

boleh
25-09-2008, 08:58 PM
I think many had high expectations for CU2. It is obviously a better car than CL9, but it isnt as dramatic as the new Mazda6 or even the Lancer. When the Sports4 Concept was "previewed" in many websites since late '06-'07, hopes were set even higher..

When the CL9 was launced in '03, it was a more technologically advanced car than its closest rival, Mazda6 -- 5 spd auto vs 4.

But the latest iteration saw the Mazda6 closing most gaps, and the diesel even surpassing the Euro if Honda doesn't bring in the 2.2 i-DTEC.

UNLS1
02-10-2008, 10:04 AM
3. crap softer leather, front seats shoulder area flimsy, (cl9 has a superior hide + shoulder area not so flimsy) i beg to differ, the seats are much wider and hold u in much better, and helps for taller people 9im 6'3")., the seats also breathe now where the old ones didnt
7. auto a 'slug'

[QUOTE=LXRY;1904334]1. have to agree it's newer
3. crap softer leather, front seats shoulder area flimsy, (cl9 has a superior hide + shoulder area not so flimsy) new leather will breathe and is much softer than the old hard leather. i beg to differ, the seats are much wider and hold u in much better, and helps for taller people 9im 6'3")., the seats also breathe now where the old ones didnt [b/]
4. what makes the stereo better ? cause it has 10 speakers ? have to disagree (no name brand with try hard 10 speakers system, tring to compete with mazda6 bose system----no comparison) [b] what would i know i love my music and have used both euro systems non stop. bass is better, sound is better
5. Which wheels are better 17" or 18" personally think they 'crap'... the 18" look heaps better and fill the guards, as the cu2 is lower now where the cl9 looks like a 4x4
6. some better options yes...passenger side mirror dips, memory seating..anything else ? auto head lights, standard front and rear sensors, speed alarm
7. auto a 'slug' shifting is much quicker and softer than the cl9
8.how many have honda sold ? ive sold between 450 - 480. I go to my 500 dinner next year, why the hell does that matter?

Rob_A
03-10-2008, 06:43 PM
I had don't know if you would call the pleasure at work the other week of taking a CU2 Luxury Nav Auto for a decent run.

I feel the CL9 is a better car and glad I paided half the price for my CL9 Luxury, as opposed to this CU2 Luxury.

I find the CL9 is a more sporty feeling car, the steering in the CU2 feels like there is nothing connected. As for the ass-o-meter power is pretty much the same. To sum up to CU2 feels like its aimed for a driver after comfort then performance. Its all been if you wanted comfort go for the normal accord.

Vision out of the CL9 is better and found it easier to park compared with the CU2.

This is my opinnon and I am glad I went for the CL9 and didn't wait for the CU2. Others may feel differently, if we all liked the same we would be all driving model t's.

Rob

kimnkk
03-10-2008, 07:52 PM
We have both here - i have a CL9 Lux and my old has a CU2 Lux. I can say that i would rather be in the CU2 every single time i drive - the CU2 was much better than we expected actually.

We weren't considering another Honda this time around, then the CU2 came out, we checked it out and we did like it very much.

m0nty ITR
04-10-2008, 10:17 AM

More fun could be had watching paint dry than driving an E90 320i. Running costs further penalize you for wanting to own a piece of pompous Bavarian motoring. The E90 doesn't get good until 330i in my opinion.

brissyjoe
05-10-2008, 09:01 PM
i love my new cu2 lux

was going to go with the audi a4 but by th time i added up what was in the euro it ended up to be bout 70k

stuff that

lux 6mt is the way to go

ig3o
06-10-2008, 05:18 PM
imo just from judging the exterior.. theres no way i'll trade my cl9 for a cu2 =)

Spoon-Accord
30-10-2008, 08:50 PM
i went to the dealers today, dad bought the lux model crv, and i had a perve at the CU2,

i got a good price without navi, but i am going again to suss out the navi model, have to wait 2 months!

rambohung
30-10-2008, 09:54 PM
In terms of modifying CL9 & CU2, which one do u guys think will get better performance & handling? Which one will have more potential?

Euro08Jaz
30-10-2008, 11:23 PM
atm easy the cl9 many more parts available also certain parts from the euro type r are compatible also alot of support for the tsx in america.

but im sure over time aftermarket parts will trickle down for the cu2 if sales are strong enough and the target market is right

which imo i doubt as the cu2 seems targeted to slightly different audience than the cl9

falco
31-10-2008, 02:50 AM
Is the auto tranny different in the new model

SPQR
31-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Is the auto tranny different in the new model

It's a bit more dressy. Same basic AT but different in cabin options such as paddles shifters.

Spoon-Accord
31-10-2008, 10:46 PM
is it true the prices of imported cars from the rising sun are going up?

thats what i got told by the dealership if i went for the navi model, i had to wait 2-3 months for it to come over, and the increase could be up somewhere between 3-5k :(

George euro
31-10-2008, 10:50 PM
comparing ayee i gotta admit as much as i love my euro the new 1 is beautiful, i simple cannot say the cl9 can be compared to it they have more curves and are fatter i personally love the new euro i cant wait to see 1 done up like mine their just too new to be dumped yet on massive rims , but in my opinion i wouldnt mind upgrading to one im impressed, and for the people who say they are BORING or MATURE now its only because no1 has been creative with them yet, standard CL9 are pretty boring too, i personally say wait till u start seeing sum CU2 with some work and ull be impressed, and obviosly my views r not bias because i drive a CL9 :) Im honest to myself i wish i had the cu2, but iv worked hard for mine thats wat i can afford at this stage

Spoon-Accord
31-10-2008, 10:53 PM
yeh george, if i got mine, i wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole, warranty is my best friend!

George euro
31-10-2008, 10:58 PM
yeh george, if i got mine, i wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole, warranty is my best friend!

hehe yes tru tru but remeber u only viod certain parts like if u slam it u will still be covered engine wise which is 99% of the problem if it happens, whats ur chances of having suspension issues>? rather then engine faults but yes warratee tru tru

George euro
31-10-2008, 11:01 PM
here is a pic of 1 with 22's they have potential
www.managemysite.com.au/SiteMedia/w3svc633/Uploads/Images/ne2.JPG

bigdongers
01-11-2008, 12:31 AM
is it true the prices of imported cars from the rising sun are going up?

thats what i got told by the dealership if i went for the navi model, i had to wait 2-3 months for it to come over, and the increase could be up somewhere between 3-5k :(

haha 3-5k increase in the price of the Euro? Absolutely no chance! They may bring in a quick MY09 refresh and use that as an opportunity to bump prices up by $500 - $1000 but anything more than that and the buyers will get scared off.

Anyway, if you signed for the car now, your price would be locked in anyway so even if the car took 6 months to arrive, you wouldnt be affected by a price rise.

J-TODA
01-11-2008, 01:37 AM
here is a pic of 1 with 22's they have potential
www.managemysite.com.au/SiteMedia/w3svc633/Uploads/Images/ne2.JPG

haha thats the ozzy tyres one aye... i reckon requires a lip kit or bodykit.. somethign where the overall stance of teh car is lower...

also went today to get a price for the lux model cu2 ( luxury manual )... 44k on road..however this is without any negotiations watsoever, jst went in to have a look at the features in person( love the loook of the new guages) and get a rough price( considering to get the new cu2 real soon ), should be able to get a pretty good discount on the current price as i know the sales manager quite well...hopefully ;) always nice to have hookups...was also thinking of gettin the front under spoiler jst by itself, reminds me of a mugen lip, anyone reckon it will look weird without gettin the side skirts and rear under spoiler??/

Euro08Jaz
01-11-2008, 01:52 AM
they are sexy but bigger more luxurious cars

Spoon-Accord
01-11-2008, 02:57 AM
J TODA DO NOT BUY LOL

i got offered 40k flat.

but then again, theres 2 cars we are buying

bodaas
01-11-2008, 03:06 AM
new euro seems to be bigger and wider,

but i couldnt believe the size when i sat in back seat, my knee touch the front seat

George euro
01-11-2008, 02:27 PM
new euro seems to be bigger and wider,

but i couldnt believe the size when i sat in back seat, my knee touch the front seat

hmm thats strange the seem so big and spacious, something about them i saw 1 today stock black so nice, i wouldnt touch it either id rather a stock new 1 that a worked old shape anyday

bigdongers
01-11-2008, 07:34 PM
I have sat in both Euros and the rear seat space is comparable in both. The CU2 is a tiny bit wider and has rear air con vents which is nice.

kimnkk
01-11-2008, 08:59 PM

Different drivers when you sat in the CL9 and CU2? The CU2 driver could've had the seat in the furthest possible position.

snYpz
01-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Well we have the CU2 lux satnav on order. Havent test driven it myself but would be interesting to compare the CL9 with the CU2.
CL9 FTW!...but thats probably cos im biased :p

Spoon-Accord
01-11-2008, 10:06 PM
how much did it end up costing you snypz if u don't mind me asking?

i got 43k on road navi model

snYpz
01-11-2008, 10:26 PM
We got ours 45k on road :(.
We got an auto Satnav with tint, colour coded mudflaps, boot tray, mats as well as the duckbill spoiler which was awesome :D

Spoon-Accord
02-11-2008, 10:13 AM
ohh u got the bitty grittys on the side thats why, same thing diffrent smell

albii
02-11-2008, 11:06 AM
I have had my 6sp cl9 for just on 4 years now and i still cannot part with it. Iam having too much fun when i jump in it (sv6 and xr6 bye bye).
If i was to upgrade then i would surely consider a cu2 in black or grey with 19s.
I remember buying the cl9 and not realising the potential of the car until i put 10000ks on the clock and it was so called run in, and i feel it would be the same case with the cu2.

TODA AU
02-11-2008, 02:26 PM
I just bought the CU2 because it was bigger than the DC5S & has propper back seats.
I didn't get it for the purpose of modifying it in any way.

I will dyno the car so you guys have some info on what a stockie puts out...
Mine has approx 120km on the clock at the mo...

snYpz
02-11-2008, 04:15 PM
ohh u got the bitty grittys on the side thats why, same thing diffrent smell

so for 43k what did u get in the package if you dont mind?
BTW, was yours auto or manual? :)

bigdongers
02-11-2008, 07:06 PM
We got ours 45k on road :(.
We got an auto Satnav with tint, colour coded mudflaps, boot tray, mats as well as the duckbill spoiler which was awesome :D

thats a really good price! The WA dealers certainly aint discounting the cars to this level yet.

snYpz
02-11-2008, 07:19 PM
thats a really good price! The WA dealers certainly aint discounting the cars to this level yet.

We got it on the one day sale event. The new year sale should see similar prices if not cheaper. However, not sure how the economy etc will affect the resultant sale prices of cars.

Spoon-Accord
02-11-2008, 07:34 PM
i dunno snypz

dealer told me, our currency is low,

so whoever purchased a car, in november will be paying more on tax or whatever the hell he was on about

i put a deposit on the CU2 lux already, but in the comment area, we agreed that i can back out if my old man says no. lol

but expected delivery is 2 weeks

Zimp13
02-11-2008, 07:37 PM
CU2 looks better than CL9.. :D .....

snYpz
02-11-2008, 08:32 PM
i dunno snypz

dealer told me, our currency is low,

so whoever purchased a car, in november will be paying more on tax or whatever the hell he was on about

i put a deposit on the CU2 lux already, but in the comment area, we agreed that i can back out if my old man says no. lol

but expected delivery is 2 weeks

Thats great!
We could've picked the car up within days of purchase but we decided to wait so that we could free up some space at home to park the car.
We got the volcano grey :)

As far as im concerned, CL9 > CU2 :p

George euro
02-11-2008, 10:26 PM

hehe only EURO owners can throw comments like that mr JAZZ :p

J-TODA
02-11-2008, 10:53 PM
spoon accord 40k realli??? was this manual lux??? wow dats some hectic bargainning skills... bt have in mind... i went in with 2 mates... didnt bargain at all, jst went to browse a lil cause had free time...yer snypz sounded like uz got a great deal... auto lux with sat was i recall 46 or somethin onroad?? this was in that book of prices that the dealership has + u got some options :)

well see when i get to the actual about to sign papers day... are u located in sydney area? if u are perhaps giv us the location of the dealer in which u got this price? cheers yer i fink im goann wait for the end of year clearance sale.... * fingers crossed free insurance for a year :)

also again did anyone who purchase the new cu2 get the front underspoiler... realli like to see pics of it on the actual car instead of jst in the brochure .. thanks :)

tony1234
03-11-2008, 06:36 AM
I just bought the CU2 because it was bigger than the DC5S & has propper back seats.
I didn't get it for the purpose of modifying it in any way.

I will dyno the car so you guys have some info on what a stockie puts out...
Mine has approx 120km on the clock at the mo...
What did you get Adrian,std. or lux,man or auto?I'd be interested to see what mods you can do to the CU2.please let us know.

Zimp13
03-11-2008, 11:10 AM
hehe only EURO owners can throw comments like that mr JAZZ :p

Wanna get one but cant!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(

TODA AU
03-11-2008, 07:01 PM
What did you get Adrian,std. or lux,man or auto?I'd be interested to see what mods you can do to the CU2.please let us know.
Hey Tony,
I got the standard model with 6 speed manual,
I couldn't justify the extra for the leather & the sun roof.

I'm not really planning to do anything to it, but I document anything I do do...
I'll run it up & see what it's got later this week.

Spoon-Accord
03-11-2008, 07:04 PM
yeh manual LUX with mats and windshield thingos

extra 2k for auto

3k for navigation

so all up auto navi would costed me 44-45k on road :)

Spoon-Accord
03-11-2008, 07:04 PM
also forgot, my dad purchase a CRX lux auto aswell, 80k+ in cars, hence the price reduction

George euro
03-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Wanna get one but cant!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(

ohh now u make me feel like a bastard , u can comment about them all u like now lol

Zimp13
04-11-2008, 10:16 AM
ohh now u make me feel like a bastard , u can comment about them all u like now lol

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::wave: :wave:

Bobjones
04-11-2008, 10:31 AM
I got my Auto Lux, with Bluetooth, mats, boot liner, door garnish with Accord on them, 5 year warranty, 12 mths rego for $43,700 on road...in August...and will never buy a rattly Honda ever again...

The X Man
04-11-2008, 07:31 PM
I got my Auto Lux, with Bluetooth, mats, boot liner, door garnish with Accord on them, 5 year warranty, 12 mths rego for $43,700 on road...in August...and will never buy a rattly Honda ever again...

I concur.

ExpressCoffee
10-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Hey guys, was in the market for a CL9 but noticed a cheap 08 CU2. They're about a grand apart and they're both luxury.

2006 CL9:
- Modulo Kit w/wheels
- Sat Nav
- iPod connectivity
84,xxx kms

2008 CU2:
- Luxury Model also
- 100,xxx kms

I would prefer a CL9 but that's only because I've never really considered a CU2.

Which car would I have more fun in if I'm looking for a stylish yet sporty ride?
Plans for some subtle mods later down the track..
I'm on green P's btw.

chuboy
10-09-2012, 12:13 PM
I prefer the CL9, never liked the appearance of the CU2 and it looks and feels bloated compared to its predecessor... only gained a few extra kW but a lot more kg!

ChaosMaster
10-09-2012, 01:09 PM
I'll choose the CL9. It's a preference thing, but I prefer the look of the CL9 over the CU2, especially the newer ones. 8kw is nothing, especially if the cars gained 150kg in the process. Some people were arguing in the first few pages that the CU2 was sportier and handled better or w/e, to be honest, I wouldn't really care, their both great handling cars. Someone also said that the CU2 had shorter gearing compared to the CL9, and I'm just thinking, the CL9 already has pretty damn short gearing, so what? The CU2 does 100km at 3k RPM? That's gotta suck. Interior is nicer on the CU2 IMO. And in your case, the CL9 comes with a kit already, less KM and the iPod connectivity. Would be a no brainier for me.

ExpressCoffee
10-09-2012, 02:01 PM
I'll choose the CL9. It's a preference thing, but I prefer the look of the CL9 over the CU2, especially the newer ones. 8kw is nothing, especially if the cars gained 150kg in the process. Some people were arguing in the first few pages that the CU2 was sportier and handled better or w/e, to be honest, I wouldn't really care, their both great handling cars. Someone also said that the CU2 had shorter gearing compared to the CL9, and I'm just thinking, the CL9 already has pretty damn short gearing, so what? The CU2 does 100km at 3k RPM? That's gotta suck. Interior is nicer on the CU2 IMO. And in your case, the CL9 comes with a kit already, less KM and the iPod connectivity. Would be a no brainier for me.

Thanks for the replies.

I think you just confirmed my initial choice man. I was just a bit undecided when I saw the price difference between the 2.

CL9, here I come!

I CU2
10-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Biased opinions, CU2 owners would say get a CU2 and CL9 owners would say to get a CL9.

I did like the CL9, it was one of the best looking family sedans when it came out however it's starting to show its age. Buttttttttttttt, in comparison to the earlier Mazda 6's and earlier competition it still looks very good but I'd probably the newer 6 over a CL9 and the CU2 over the 6.

ExpressCoffee
10-09-2012, 03:48 PM
I am 19 atm. I plan to keep this car till I am off my P's in close to 3 years time.
I feel like the CU2 would be for sore mature driver? The CL9 is in that category too but I think I'd prefer a well kept CL9.

I CU2
10-09-2012, 03:51 PM
I am 19 atm. I plan to keep this car till I am off my P's in close to 3 years time.

The CU2 was and still is my first car and I don't think it's that mature...well that's a lie. The Accord Euro is a family sedan but it sure as hell beats the ricer civics and everything else that my friends drive.

Honestly, if you can see yourself happy with a CL9 and won't wonder about what it's like to own a CU2, then I'd get it.

I have a CU2 and not once have I ever thought about trading it in for a lower km CL9 even with the 1k cash on top, for me that would be ludacris.

ExpressCoffee
10-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Did you look at CL9's at all?
and
Did you buy yours brand new?

I CU2
10-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Did you look at CL9's at all?
and
Did you buy yours brand new?

Nope, as a kid I liked the CL9 when it first came out but I'm the type of person that wants the latest model of everything so never really looked at the CL9 when purchasing.

I saw a parked CU2 in the car park and I was just like, I want that as a first car.

I didn't buy mine brand new, I purchased it with 35k km on it at the start of last year for quite a nice price (it would have probably been lower than some CL9 equivalents with the same km's at the time).

Take a look at Euronoobs Euro, he bought his CU2 when he first got his P's and look at what it has become:

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=821480

That's tasteful modding. I like my cars clean and subtle.

It really depends on what you like. If you like the modded up 90's civics then you'd probably like modded up CL9's as there are more kits of this variety available for it.

EDIT: Read the beginning of this thread, CL9 owners switched to CU2 and CL9 owners stayed with CL9's and the switchers said that the CU2 was in every way better with a sportier handling and a more aggressive look while CL9 owners said they still preferred their sleek styling and handling.

It's all about your personal preference, don't let anyone tell you what you'll like. Be happy with the car you chose.

ExpressCoffee
10-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Nope, as a kid I liked the CL9 when it first came out but I'm the type of person that wants the latest model of everything so never really looked at the CL9 when purchasing.

I saw a parked CU2 in the car park and I was just like, I want that as a first car.

I didn't buy mine brand new, I purchased it with 35k km on it at the start of last year for quite a nice price (it would have probably been lower than some CL9 equivalents with the same km's at the time).

Take a look at Euronoobs Euro, he bought his CU2 when he first got his P's and look at what it has become:

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=821480

That's tasteful modding. I like my cars clean and subtle.

It really depends on what you like. If you like the modded up 90's civics then you'd probably like modded up CL9's as there are more kits of this variety available for it.

EDIT: Read the beginning of this thread, CL9 owners switched to CU2 and CL9 owners stayed with CL9's and the switchers said that the CU2 was in every way better with a sportier handling and a more aggressive look while CL9 owners said they still preferred their sleek styling and handling.

It's all about your personal preference, don't let anyone tell you what you'll like. Be happy with the car you chose.

He has a really nice euro! Not a big fan of exterior carbon wrapping but it's not bad.
Yeah when I was at school some kids parents had a black lux euro and I've always wanted one since then. As I saw the new Euros I was really liking the redesign as well but I like both and had trouble deciding..

I like to have the latest of any thing I usually go for but there is only one CU2 that is cheap while the rest is a small difference to my original price range of 17k.

In terms of power, I know the CU2 has 8 more kW, but which one feels faster? And is faster?

ChaosMaster
10-09-2012, 05:17 PM
He has a really nice euro! Not a big fan of exterior carbon wrapping but it's not bad.
Yeah when I was at school some kids parents had a black lux euro and I've always wanted one since then. As I saw the new Euros I was really liking the redesign as well but I like both and had trouble deciding..

I like to have the latest of any thing I usually go for but there is only one CU2 that is cheap while the rest is a small difference to my original price range of 17k.

In terms of power, I know the CU2 has 8 more kW, but which one feels faster? And is faster?

If your looking for fast, Honda is not for you. Nothing out of Honda's range in recent years is anywhere near fast. Fast enough is good enough. The K24 that all Euro's run is the torquiest engine Honda makes, and yet I'm happy to say torque is the one thing is lacks. But that's with all Honda engines, their designed to rev. If you're wondering why I'm talking about torque, it's cos torque matters low down, and KW matters at the high end. In theory, the CL9 should be faster, due to the sheer difference in weight (150kg give or take), while the CU2 basically has a retuned engine for better fuel econ. Those 8kw won't really matter much. The gearing is said to be shorter, which would improve the acceleration a bit, but would make it worse for long drives on FWYs. CU2 also has wider tyres which would contribute to better take off. In the end though, both will perform very similarly. So in the end, it's down to you.

Personally, I prefer the CL9. Then again, I prefer the older hondas over the new crap their bring out (the "new" Civic is basically a reshell of the 06 model, the CU2 gained 150kg while only getting a slightly retuned engine, the last Civic Type R was downgraded from it's predecssor in rear sus, gaining over 100kg yet only 1kw boost, etc). The CU2's interior is a very nice place to be in. A much nicer place than the CL9. And again, I prefer the CL9's sleeker styling.

My advice for you would be decide on your own. Both are excellent cars. Choose based of what you value more. Styling is a subjective thing. CU2 is def more Lux than the CL9. CL9 is closer to Honda's roots. If what you're after is speed and power though, look else where. I'm sure you could get a FalcoDore for similar money.

antony
10-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Get the CU2,as its now way more modern than the CL9...although the CL9 STILL looks so good,as it was such a classic shape to start with.

ExpressCoffee
10-09-2012, 07:08 PM
If your looking for fast, Honda is not for you. Nothing out of Honda's range in recent years is anywhere near fast. Fast enough is good enough. The K24 that all Euro's run is the torquiest engine Honda makes, and yet I'm happy to say torque is the one thing is lacks. But that's with all Honda engines, their designed to rev. If you're wondering why I'm talking about torque, it's cos torque matters low down, and KW matters at the high end. In theory, the CL9 should be faster, due to the sheer difference in weight (150kg give or take), while the CU2 basically has a retuned engine for better fuel econ. Those 8kw won't really matter much. The gearing is said to be shorter, which would improve the acceleration a bit, but would make it worse for long drives on FWYs. CU2 also has wider tyres which would contribute to better take off. In the end though, both will perform very similarly. So in the end, it's down to you.

Personally, I prefer the CL9. Then again, I prefer the older hondas over the new crap their bring out (the "new" Civic is basically a reshell of the 06 model, the CU2 gained 150kg while only getting a slightly retuned engine, the last Civic Type R was downgraded from it's predecssor in rear sus, gaining over 100kg yet only 1kw boost, etc). The CU2's interior is a very nice place to be in. A much nicer place than the CL9. And again, I prefer the CL9's sleeker styling.

My advice for you would be decide on your own. Both are excellent cars. Choose based of what you value more. Styling is a subjective thing. CU2 is def more Lux than the CL9. CL9 is closer to Honda's roots. If what you're after is speed and power though, look else where. I'm sure you could get a FalcoDore for similar money.

I meant as in Honda Fast :p
I know they're nowhere near the fastest things out there but I do enjoy driving them. And I find the interior of them to be really sleek among the jap cars.

I agree with your statement about modern day Hondas. They are going the very Eco friendly route.
I do love everything about the CU2 but I do love the styling of the CL9. Of course the interior and what not will be nicer but I think i have to think of what's in my price range. There's only one CU2 that's fairly cheap atm.

And please never tell me to look for a Holden or whatever... Ugh!

Cost wise is servicing them the same?

Fredoops
10-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Cost wise is servicing them the same?

yep, cost a bomb to service (dealer) and a bomb for parts compared to other makes.

... just like most modern honda's

kryptonite
10-09-2012, 08:25 PM
as already mentioned.

the Sports4 concept should have been the Accord Euro/TSX

http://world.honda.com/Tokyo2005/sports4/

look at the rubbish ILX they just released.

ExpressCoffee
10-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Maybe I should just go get a DC2R.... Haha

I CU2
10-09-2012, 09:14 PM
But the DC2 headroom and interior is so smallsss

ExpressCoffee
11-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Yeah too much hassle with any repairs I'd think. Would want a newer car anyway

ExpressCoffee
11-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Ok now I'm seriously considering the CU2 now.. I'm seeing it tomorrow and then seeing the CL9 on thursday.
Just a bit unsure of 100,000kms on it but being a new car, it should be fine? Also, are these built in Japan or Thailand?

PS: Can anyone link me to some Cu2 mod pages as I can't seem to find any?

I CU2
11-09-2012, 05:35 PM
The Accord Euro has always been built in Japan.

CU2 mods: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?113016-cu2-mods&highlight=cu2+mods

ExpressCoffee
11-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Thanks mate. What year is your Euro?

Are there any major common problems that I should lookout for when inspecting one?

I CU2
11-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Thanks mate. What year is your Euro?

Are there any major common problems that I should lookout for when inspecting one?

09. Engine pinging in the earlier models.

ExpressCoffee
11-09-2012, 07:33 PM
I'm looking at an 08 one so I guess that may be a problem. It isn't fixable yet?

Can it do damage?

I CU2
11-09-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm looking at an 08 one so I guess that may be a problem. It isn't fixable yet?

Can it do damage?

Nope, no damage. TBH I didn't even notice it until I went to get a service done at the local Honda dealer and it said "Engine pinging detected, fixed under warranty"??????

ChaosMaster
11-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Here's something that you can read. http://news.drive.com.au/drive/used-car-reviews/used-car-review-honda-accord-euro-20120831-253yz.html
Not very helpful though.

MR_LATE
11-09-2012, 09:45 PM
thread revival wow. hmmmmm. howd u go with the cu2 today?

cu2 quite a heavy car and poor leg room at the back. Good for kids to rest their foot after a long day at school
The chrome trim on the drivers door will sit higher than the rear right door
the side mirrors might have little movment so when u wash it u might hear a click noise
98load rating tyres are going to be expensive
the speakers of that year isnt that good
If ur married, wedding ring will scratch the trim of the manual gear knob. But auto is ok

cl9s some people have done supercharged ones so if u want something faster but less attention :P
the trim on the steering wheel will peel - stickerbomb
the throws in the cl9 is further - short shifter + 6speed round gearknob
the boot has more spacious feel. doof doof ya mean??>
if it comes with sunroof check and double check for rust (someone recently posted about their sunroofs rusting really bad)
cl9 will 'feel' faster
the reversing light cover is clear - cree leds droolz

i still look at a cl9 and say to myself (they did so much right when making that car)
the little things that seperate the cu2 to the cl9 for me would be

push to open fuel lid/push to close facepalm.jpg
adjust position of headlights with 4 settings with a buttton
all auto windows
floating needle dash
cupholders on the side
antenna is in rear window

ExpressCoffee
11-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Well that's ok then.

Hopefully all goes well
Tomorrow!

thread revival wow. hmmmmm. howd u go with the cu2 today?

cu2 quite a heavy car and poor leg room at the back. Good for kids to rest their foot after a long day at school
The chrome trim on the drivers door will sit higher than the rear right door
the side mirrors might have little movment so when u wash it u might hear a click noise
98load rating tyres are going to be expensive
the speakers of that year isnt that good
If ur married, wedding ring will scratch the trim of the manual gear knob. But auto is ok

cl9s some people have done supercharged ones so if u want something faster but less attention :P
the trim on the steering wheel will peel - stickerbomb
the throws in the cl9 is further - short shifter + 6speed round gearknob
the boot has more spacious feel. doof doof ya mean??>
if it comes with sunroof check and double check for rust (someone recently posted about their sunroofs rusting really bad)
cl9 will 'feel' faster
the reversing light cover is clear - cree leds droolz

i still look at a cl9 and say to myself (they did so much right when making that car)
the little things that seperate the cu2 to the cl9 for me would be

push to open fuel lid/push to close facepalm.jpg
adjust position of headlights with 4 settings with a buttton
all auto windows
floating needle dash
cupholders on the side
antenna is in rear window

Woah that's a nice little list you have there. I'll take it into consideration.

So far everyone I have talked to have said why not get the newer model?
I sort of tend to agree with them. Before I had hoped to mod it similar to what I've seen here on the forums (EUR011).but have realised there's really no point to go all out if I'm not looking to S/C or anything right now. I'll just focus on the visuals; coils, wheels etc

I just a hope 100,000 km CU2 will last me well for the next few years. What do you guys think?

MR_LATE
11-09-2012, 10:23 PM
mines only done 73k.
just had a service castrol edge full syn, and upper engine cleaner, cleaned k/n airfilter , fuel injector cleaner. feels like the first day i had it. easily gets 850kms per tank of fuel too
http://www.facebook.com/groups/auseuro/
most of the group has cl9 and there are alot of photos if ur going visual

ExpressCoffee
11-09-2012, 10:47 PM
mines only done 73k.
just had a service castrol edge full syn, and upper engine cleaner, cleaned k/n airfilter , fuel injector cleaner. feels like the first day i had it. easily gets 850kms per tank of fuel too
http://www.facebook.com/groups/auseuro/
most of the group has cl9 and there are alot of photos if ur going visual

What year is yours? That's good to hear.

And when was major service? 80k or 100k?

I wanna join to see the photos but then my mates will know I want a euro.. Haha

Fredoops
11-09-2012, 11:19 PM
What year is yours? That's good to hear.

And when was major service? 80k or 100k?

I wanna join to see the photos but then my mates will know I want a euro.. Haha

80k is major, 110or 20 is major.

ExpressCoffee
11-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Ah so I'm looking at servicing it quite soon then..

Well not too soon but still. Now I'm really confused as to what to go towards!

MR_LATE
12-09-2012, 02:43 AM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/614987_345723238853663_1977167887_o.jpg
Well whats going to happen when the cl9 his 100k?

aaronng
12-09-2012, 08:59 AM
I just a hope 100,000 km CU2 will last me well for the next few years. What do you guys think?

It will, these engines easily go beyond 250,000km as long as you treat it as it deserves. Don't fang it when the engine is cold and don't miss your service intervals.

80k is major, 110or 20 is major.
Yeah, looking at the service manual, every 40k is a major where they adjust valve clearances. Every 80k, the fuel filter is replaced and every 120k, the spark plugs are replaced. Similar pattern for the fluids as well.

aaronng
12-09-2012, 09:20 AM
If your looking for fast, Honda is not for you. Nothing out of Honda's range in recent years is anywhere near fast. Fast enough is good enough. The K24 that all Euro's run is the torquiest engine Honda makes, and yet I'm happy to say torque is the one thing is lacks. But that's with all Honda engines, their designed to rev.
One thing I find is that we get used to the torque. After driving an NC MX-5, I found that eventhough it has a better torque/weight ratio than the CL9, the engine just wouldn't increase in revs with about 50% throttle when in 2nd gear below 2000 rpm. The CL9 in comparison will still slowly accelerate, so the K24 engine does have its plusses.

If you're wondering why I'm talking about torque, it's cos torque matters low down, and KW matters at the high end. [/quote]
Both are measuring different things. Torque production varies with RPM, so you need to look at the torque vs RPM profile. An Aurion has much more torque than a 3.0 L Commodore on paper, yet the Commodore has the majority at low RPM between 2500-4000 thus pulling harder in that range, whereas the Aurion has a majority of torque above 4000 RPM, letting it overtake the Commodore at high RPM.

kW is just the measurement of work at a particular RPM. Around the peak power, if you can keep the engine revs close to that peak power RPM for longer, the engine does more work and hence the car goes faster and further within an alloted time. On its own it means nothing, example being the Corolla Sportivo with 141kW/1225kg. Great on paper, but even a DC2 VTIR kills it with its 125kW and a worse power/weight ratio.

In theory, the CL9 should be faster, due to the sheer difference in weight (150kg give or take), while the CU2 basically has a retuned engine for better fuel econ. Those 8kw won't really matter much. The gearing is said to be shorter, which would improve the acceleration a bit, but would make it worse for long drives on FWYs. CU2 also has wider tyres which would contribute to better take off. In the end though, both will perform very similarly. So in the end, it's down to you.
Agreed, unfortunately the weight makes the CU2 feel a bit slower than the CL9. The CU2 does make up for it in many other areas. It has a very nice interior, the wheel track is much wider than the CL9, giving it better cornering ability and it looks much more upmarket than the CL9.

If what you're after is speed and power though, look else where. I'm sure you could get a FalcoDore for similar money.
Yes, a manual VEII SV6 would be very nice. Drove the auto for a few days and the torque and power was amazing. Shame that these cars feel very loose and rattly after 4 years, I'm on my 2nd base Commodore now and so far the pattern has been repeating consistently.

ExpressCoffee
12-09-2012, 10:29 AM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/614987_345723238853663_1977167887_o.jpg
Well whats going to happen when the cl9 his 100k?

That CU2 looks sick! What bumper is that?

It will, these engines easily go beyond 250,000km as long as you treat it as it deserves. Don't fang it when the engine is cold and don't miss your service intervals.

Yeah, looking at the service manual, every 40k is a major where they adjust valve clearances. Every 80k, the fuel filter is replaced and every 120k, the spark plugs are replaced. Similar pattern for the fluids as well.

That's excellent news. Yeah I usually take really good care of my car and maintenance. Where do you guys service your cars? Local, Honda or do you do the basic ones yourselves?

I should ask when the last service was done when I see it today.

Op

kW is just the measurement of work at a particular RPM. Around the peak power, if you can keep the engine revs close to that peak power RPM for longer, the engine does more work and hence the car goes faster and further within an alloted time. On its own it means nothing, example being the Corolla Sportivo with 141kW/1225kg. Great on paper, but even a DC2 VTIR kills it with its 125kW and a worse power/weight ratio.

Agreed, unfortunately the weight makes the CU2 feel a bit slower than the CL9. The CU2 does make up for it in many other areas. It has a very nice interior, the wheel track is much wider than the CL9, giving it better cornering ability and it looks much more upmarket than the CL9.

Haha really? I had a DC2 and my mate always bragged about his Corolla could beat a type r teg but never had the chance to race him as my car got written off :/

I do very much like the interior of the car and that's a major point for me. I liked the CL9 interior but as its the next model up pretty much everything is better it seems. Also, the cars body lines do make it look like a much more recent car.

Also, am I correct in saying the USB in this car will play my iPhone with no hassles?

I CU2
12-09-2012, 01:22 PM
That bumper is the CU2 Modulo with the bottom painted black.

aaronng
12-09-2012, 02:09 PM
That's excellent news. Yeah I usually take really good care of my car and maintenance. Where do you guys service your cars? Local, Honda or do you do the basic ones yourselves?

I should ask when the last service was done when I see it today.
I do mine myself now, I don't trust the dealers. Check your service history and make sure that they did not miss the 6 month intervals, even if they drove only low kms.

Haha really? I had a DC2 and my mate always bragged about his Corolla could beat a type r teg but never had the chance to race him as my car got written off :/
I nearly bought one before deciding on the CL9. A few years later, I drove the Sportivo and the only time it was faster than my CL9 was between 6000-8000rpm. And at that RPM range, the front of the car would lift up slightly and there was traction loss when I tried to steer. It would probably have been better if the suspension was stiffened up to reduce front end lift under hard acceleration in 1st gear.

ChaosMaster
12-09-2012, 04:07 PM
I do mine myself now, I don't trust the dealers. Check your service history and make sure that they did not miss the 6 month intervals, even if they drove only low kms.

I nearly bought one before deciding on the CL9. A few years later, I drove the Sportivo and the only time it was faster than my CL9 was between 6000-8000rpm. And at that RPM range, the front of the car would lift up slightly and there was traction loss when I tried to steer. It would probably have been better if the suspension was stiffened up to reduce front end lift under hard acceleration in 1st gear.

Yeah, the Sportivo was a dud, way too heavy for it to be any good. Looked crap as well. Although the engine was gem, would have been nice if they had stuck it in the MR-S.

antony
12-09-2012, 06:31 PM
100 000 kilometers in a Euro is nothing,the guys in the US on tsxclub have done over 200 000 miles,over 320 000 kilometers in their Acura TSXs,which are identical to our Euros.

MR_LATE
12-09-2012, 11:03 PM
if u are going to keep the car for three years man, cu2 is the way to go id reckon, in 3 years there be heaps more parts for it. and im guessing itd be paid off too and then it might even be a project car or gfs car for all anteaters sake
its might even become

because racecar.jpg

ExpressCoffee
12-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Thank for all the replies guys. I'm pretty sure I'm making the right choice now.

I finally saw the car this afternoon and well... it looked like it was kept in very nice condition

Funnily enough, as MR_LATE pointed out, a wedding ring will scratch the gear knob as I have seen on this one today.

There is a scuff of the left quarter panel near the petrol tank, but it didn't look too deep what do you guys think?
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb58/frost_bite333/IMG_2506.jpg
There is also some scrapes on the front bumper on both sides a bit, and the dealer said they will fix that up for me.
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb58/frost_bite333/IMG_2504.jpg
The dealer said the car hasn't been detailed yet so maybe a nice cut and polish will get rid of it?

It drove like a gem though, felt a lot more refined than the CL9 in my short drive I took.
I am really liking this car. All the log books check out, all at Honda dealerships. Everything opens and closes as it's suppose to, still need to test the stereo out.

Taking my old man to come take a final look tomorrow and if the price is right, I'm sold.
Here's a pic of the front, I'm loving it.
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb58/frost_bite333/IMG_2502.jpg

if u are going to keep the car for three years man, cu2 is the way to go id reckon, in 3 years there be heaps more parts for it. and im guessing itd be paid off too and then it might even be a project car or gfs car for all anteaters sake
its might even become

because racecar.jpg

3 years at least.
Who knows when I'm on my full license. I'd still think it'd be a fairly new looking car..

I CU2
12-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Scratches at worst - couple of hundred to respray?

That is a modulo optioned lower skirt ~$750 from Honda IIRC. If they can't get rid of the scratches, just take it off but IMO it looks very nice with it on :)

You know you want it.....join usssssss...........our CU2 crew, there's few of us lefttttttttttttttttttt.

ExpressCoffee
13-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Scratches at worst - couple of hundred to respray?

That is a modulo optioned lower skirt ~$750 from Honda IIRC. If they can't get rid of the scratches, just take it off but IMO it looks very nice with it on :)

You know you want it.....join usssssss...........our CU2 crew, there's few of us lefttttttttttttttttttt.

Hmm. You do have a point, or just buffer it out!
I really like the modulo kits on these ones too, wowza!

Haha hopefully tomorrow I will be! Going early morning.. :o

Oh and what are the chances, just down the road from the dealership I'm driving home and I see Euronoobs Euro parked there in all it's glory!

I had to go talk to him so I pulled over and had a little awkward chat to him. haha, maybe it's a sign?

MR_LATE
13-09-2012, 03:02 AM
Hehehe i thinks its decided haha. Those marks are easy to buff out . Prob a carton of jacks and 100 dollars at ur bodyworks guy. Is that th lux? Hid sprayers parking sensors. Nice hopefully dealer does good job at cleaning it up

ExpressCoffee
13-09-2012, 07:44 AM
Yeah lux mate :)

Going to see it soon man, I'll ask about the scratches and what not! Thanks!

aaronng
13-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Hehehe i thinks its decided haha. Those marks are easy to buff out .

Feel the scratches with your nail. If you can feel it as your run your nail across the scratch, then you can't buff it out perfectly.

ExpressCoffee
13-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Rubbed over the scratches... Didn't feel them so I guess they're not deep?

Anyhow.... I am now The owner of a CU2 ! :D

I CU2
13-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I think you just confirmed my initial choice man. I was just a bit undecided when I saw the price difference between the 2.

CL9, here I come!

I am now The owner of a CU2 ! :D

Chyeaaah. Successful conversion is successful.

Congratulations with the purchase and make sure to put up pics :)

MR_LATE
13-09-2012, 05:53 PM
If it was a lux. The decision shudnt have been that hard lol

ExpressCoffee
13-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Chyeaaah. Successful conversion is successful.

Congratulations with the purchase and make sure to put up pics :)

Your plan all along haha.

Nah I'm sure I made the right choice. I'd much prefer ride comfort and general badassness over the small performance benefits of the CL9.

Will post pics as soon as I pick my baby up after detailing etc!

If it was a lux. The decision shudnt have been that hard lol

It astounded me how good the lux models were compared to the CL9's!

I CU2
13-09-2012, 08:11 PM
I had to go talk to him so I pulled over and had a little awkward chat to him. haha, maybe it's a sign?

HAHA. So you just pulled up and was like omg Euronoobs house I'll just say hi? That's so funny! LOL.

ExpressCoffee
13-09-2012, 10:23 PM
HAHA. So you just pulled up and was like omg Euronoobs house I'll just say hi? That's so funny! LOL.

LOL actually his work or something... Hahahah!

He looked so like weirded out!

MR_LATE
14-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Well clean clean clean

Jasemas
14-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Gratz man on the euro
Pics or ban, cheers

antony
14-09-2012, 08:04 AM
Congratulations,you are going to LOVE your CU2,post pics when you can...

ExpressCoffee
14-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Gratz man on the euro
Pics or ban, cheers

Haha, guys I have a few but I'd rather take non iPhone ones when I truly get it in my hands.

I'm actually really stoked!

First mod, supercharger kit!

MR_LATE
14-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Hell yeah. Sc . Where you buy kit from

ExpressCoffee
14-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Hell yeah. Sc . Where you buy kit from

Haha nah I was just playing.. Maybe when I'm on my fulls haha :p

MR_LATE
14-09-2012, 10:57 AM
hey u selling ur teg?

ExpressCoffee
14-09-2012, 12:08 PM
hey u selling ur teg?

Sadly it got written off man. :(

MR_LATE
14-09-2012, 11:20 PM
u alright man? what happened?
and if u are going to have an airfreshener in your car, leave it in the centre console with teh vent opened. and when u turn on air itll blast the scent. try it. itll blow ur mind

Fredoops
14-09-2012, 11:48 PM
and if u are going to have an airfreshener in your car, leave it in the centre console with teh vent opened. and when u turn on air itll blast the scent. try it. itll blow ur mind

...or stick a joint in there...

THAT will blow ur mind.

I CU2
14-09-2012, 11:57 PM
...or stick a joint in there...

THAT will blow ur mind.

:o He got his joint stuck in the air vent when he crashed and then his head exploded. Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. That's one nasty crash ;)

ExpressCoffee
15-09-2012, 01:06 AM

Really? That's an awesome idea in theory! Time for JDM Squash ! haha

and yeah, I was driving home late after an exhausting day and I fell asleep for a sec and hit a street pole.. :/
I got out with no injuries though so that's ok!

MR_LATE
15-09-2012, 03:19 AM
Fck. Micro sleep. Pull over next time if ur tired. Even 15min nap helps.
Ive had micro sleep twice. Its bad

ExpressCoffee
16-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Fck. Micro sleep. Pull over next time if ur tired. Even 15min nap helps.
Ive had micro sleep twice. Its bad

Yeah I should have but you know when it's 3:40 a.m and you're making a 5 minute trip home, you don't want to be pulling over to nap. :/

Lesson learned though