PDA

View Full Version : cd5 catback exhaust

FAT VTI
21-09-2008, 08:41 PM
hey guys,
Was just wondering what exhaust's people have put on their cd5's.

I got a f22b1, and am wanting to upgrade (due to mine being mostly rusted out).

I want a cheap solution as im not really looking for major performance etc.
cheapest option would probably be a stainless steel catback exhaust off ebay for about $250.
the problem i forsee with the ebay catback, is the diameter of all the piping is 2.5inches, and on a virtually stock f22b1 this might be too much, i may be better off getting a mild steel (due to budget) catback made in australia out of 2.25inch.

if i got the ebay one, i'd definately be angle grinding the 4inch tip off and putting a nice dual 2.5inch angled tip muffler onto the piping.

just after some opinions of what other people got and if possible how much you spent and whether you like it or not.

the car is auto as well, therefore the 4inch cannon has to go!.

interfooler
22-09-2008, 11:06 PM
I have lukey resonator into 2.25 piping and straight muffler (forgot whats the brand) and finished off with a nice 2.5 inch dual tip. It sounds very deep, slightly louder than stock but not over the top, which is exactly what I wanted. Paid $380 for it including installation.

CB7_OWNER
23-09-2008, 01:59 AM
I got a 2" catback,+ berkley resonator ...... on a dc5r muffler with a 2.5" tip angled.. cost me $270..Virtually no performance gain, just mine was rusted.. and about to snap lol

FAT VTI
23-09-2008, 03:12 PM
I have lukey resonator into 2.25 piping and straight muffler (forgot whats the brand) and finished off with a nice 2.5 inch dual tip. It sounds very deep, slightly louder than stock but not over the top, which is exactly what I wanted. Paid $380 for it including installation.

any chance u can find the brand of muffler. And if possible a pic .

subliminal
25-09-2008, 06:16 PM
As you might remember from the ozaccord days, I have a 2.25" mild steel press bent exhaust with a hotdog resonator and a supercat muffer with dual 2.75" chrome tips. Sounds like stock only louder, no noticeable performance gain. Cost me $340. :thumbsup:

interfooler
25-09-2008, 11:53 PM
any chance u can find the brand of muffler. And if possible a pic .

Now I remember after reading CB7_owner. Its Berkley. I'll grab a pic if I get a chance.

FAT VTI
27-09-2008, 09:33 PM
no worries, thanks for the information guys,
will prob wait till december and go see my mates at westside muffler in padstow, hear their work is 2nd to none and have a contact who Im sure will do good work.
probably will go with a 2.25in system with a nice dual 2.5in muffler.

aaron182
10-03-2009, 03:57 PM
i have a 94 and got a 2.25 exhaust with high flow muffler and resonator made and installed for 250 $AUD. much like many abouve, sounds just a few notes deeper then stock but not too over the top :D

Jarkz
10-03-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm in the same situation as you FAT VTI.

But mine's a manual and are looking for an upgrade and performance.

I'm leaning towards OBX's exhausts as there well built & priced.

I'm getting the "H" system

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp215/qsport2/Catback/6059_1_b.jpg

They make a "DTM" twin tip cat-back, but the tips are the up-turned style

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp215/qsport2/Catback/ex9497d.jpg

Change the tips & done.

Btw: Grumpyrooster can get OBX gear :thumbsup:

FAT VTI
10-03-2009, 05:33 PM
fair enough,

Well this thread was made ages ago, since that my muffler rusted out, so basically angle grinded just after the cat and put new piping and a new lukey performance muffler with a single 2.5inch bent tip all sprayed matt black which cost me $0.

sounds incredibly good.

Jarkz
10-03-2009, 09:45 PM
I was trying to hint at the DTM cat-back for you, fair enough what?

But LOL just looked at thread start date, bit late.

Sounds like your happy with what you got anyway...