PDA

View Full Version : Removing mid-spoilier on EK

Deano_EK
22-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Quick question, for anyone that has removed their mid spoiler on their EK, could give me any instructions would be great, ive got a fair idea but some tips would be handy so i dont go breaking any of the plastic trimmings or clips.
Deano.

vinnY
22-09-2008, 09:49 AM
on the boot near the lock latch, theres 2 plastic bits that hold it in place, push the center's in and pull them out
then it's just a case of pulling that piece of trim off since it's held in by clips
then it's just a case of removing the 6x10mm screws holding the mid spoiler in place

3iuuop
02-11-2008, 10:11 PM
there will be 6 holes left, so cheap way to cut up little bits of duck tape n cover the holes from rain make sure the colour is similar to ur car or might look silly =p

DvSnGuYeN
02-11-2008, 10:17 PM
or you could go to supercheap or clark rubber and get some grommets to put over them... i'm sure there'll be some the right size...

dupac->
02-11-2008, 10:19 PM
do as vvinny says.. in removing the spoiler.

as for covering up the holes i've used grommets to cover them up..

but mines only a temp fix as im gonna get a different hatch to get rid of the holes all together.. shaving them off would be just as costly.. either way..

coz leaving the grommets will rust pretty easily.

the electrical tape would be more ideal but wouldnt look as clean..

DvSnGuYeN
02-11-2008, 10:52 PM
well, what i did when I took out my rear wiper, I gaffer taped the back/inside and placed a rubber grommet on the outside... perfect fit too... gonna shave my boot when I have the time...

Deano_EK
03-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Manage to get it off a few weeks ago, just have a bit of eletrical tape over the wholes for the time being until the car gets sprayed.