PDA

View Full Version : Replica Mugen Rims...

J-MuN
03-10-2004, 10:49 PM
hey guys, recently looked at a set of mugen replica rims made by G-Max.. apparently, thats apparently, g max make the rims for mugen and mugen simply place their badge on their products... i've been looking at these replica mugen MF-8 bronze rims 16" made by G-Max and was wondering wat you guys have heard or think bout them.. apparently they weigh about 1 or 2 kilos more..

cheers

Setanta
03-10-2004, 10:52 PM
got a link or address for them?

J-MuN
03-10-2004, 11:00 PM
got a link or address for them?

nah cant even find anything on the net bout them.. have you heard bout them before??

Z
03-10-2004, 11:19 PM
http://www.donnellans.com.au/pages/4_wheels.php?page_id=156
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8157

J-MuN
03-10-2004, 11:21 PM
thanks Z... you know much bout them?.. which suburb u from?..

Z
03-10-2004, 11:38 PM
Dont know much about them, sorry.

Im from South East, how bout u?

SiR JDM
04-10-2004, 12:26 AM
julz, gimme a call or osmethin..

i know a guy selling them
mayb he can do u a good deal...

VTEChnique
04-10-2004, 01:15 AM
Those rims are made by Rota - re-badged in Australia by Bob Jane T-marts who are the exclusive AUS distributor for Rota.

The rims are replicas of Mugens - the Sales Rep that told you they are just re-badged by mugen is full of it and was tryin to take advantage off you.

IMO if you do want those rims, go to a different dealership and buy them - on principal you shouldnt buy from them cause they tried to BS your ass !!

By the Way Bob Jane will NOT order any other Rota wheels on your behalf - they ONLY offer the sizes and models as listed in their catalogue and apparently will take action against anyone ordering the rims they cannot/will not provide directly from Rota.

bizee_1
04-10-2004, 02:57 AM
hmm ima bit lost here.... so the G-Max's are copies of the Rota's ? or copies of the Mugen replica's ??

Z
04-10-2004, 10:35 AM
GMax's are rebadged Rota's which are replica's of the Mugens (I think?)

monstaR
04-10-2004, 11:29 AM
I don't think mugen make their own rims and would not ask a company like g-max to do it for them either. Most performance coys in jap ask enkei to do the wheels for them as they may not have the facilities to manufacture them...... for instance, spoon also do not make their own rims as well..... :cool:

JINRAI
04-10-2004, 01:29 PM
Agrees with monstaR....outsourcing it makes most sense when it comes down to $$$

joneblaze
04-10-2004, 09:58 PM
GMax's are rebadged Rota's which are replica's of the Mugens (I think?)
:thumbsup:

VTEChnique
04-10-2004, 10:06 PM
hahah yeah you got it now - and I you are dead right - Mugen dont manufacture their own rims. they commision other rim manufacturers to do so to their specs, then re-badge them as Mugen. I think Works (Rays/Volks) and Enkei have both made rims for Mugen as far as I know.

J-MuN
05-10-2004, 11:13 AM
thanks guys...well now i know they're from bob jane tmart then i'll give it a pass...

HwyStar
09-10-2004, 03:27 PM
http://www.autojoy.com.au/product/img/alloy_wheel/gmax/m034.jpg

I dunno about that...
I saw these wheels in a shop near me.
Went in and asked if they were the real deal cause I thought there were Mugen CF-8's. The bloke told me they weren't real but were made by some *japanese* mob called G-Max. I then asked the guy whether they were Rota's. He said no. I asked him can he *GET* me some new Rota Curcuit 8's. The guy made a few calls and said that he couldn't...

I don't think that these are Rota rims at all. Why? Purely cause Rota sell 15" by the crate.... Circuit 8's, Slipstreams, and now the GT3... And Gmax don't even MAKE a 15" rim. Pity. Had they been 15's I would have bought a set then and there...

geo41e
09-10-2004, 07:46 PM
i want rota slipstreams in 16" !!!

sivic
10-10-2004, 08:40 PM
i think there has been some confusion. g-max aren't rebadged rotas/RJ racing. i'll take it that the RJs are rebadged rotas but g-max also make a similar set, however these are the only wheel that gmax make which are similar to rotas/RJ racing. gmax are common here in perth cos the aussie hq is here. they make a large range of styles with only a couple styled off the mugen/spoon styles. focus alot on VIP styles that are bigger (17"+) they aren't jap but are still good(Taiwanese i think?). bit pricey though. if the RJ racing ones are just rebadged rotas they would be the go as i'd say they would be cheaper :thumbsup: either way to compare them you could try to get a brochure from each company

HwyStar
10-10-2004, 09:23 PM
sivic,
I just google'd RJ Racing and couldn't find anything here in Oz...
Is there a place in Perth that sells RJ Racing (Rota) rims?

joneblaze
10-10-2004, 09:35 PM
Rodney Jane Racing? aka Bob Jane T-Marts?
*sigh* With a name like that......... lol

sivic
10-10-2004, 10:02 PM
yep. RJ: Rodney Jane. so at any Bob Jane Tmart. pretty sure they have a website. dont bother with the Claremont store though. they have crap (read: high) prices (you would think they would be the same everywhere). also most bob jane places will try to sell you maxis tyres cos thats their brand. dont buy them! pay the extra for something reputable. when i bought my car it came with maxis on them..... terrible. never aquaplaned so much. if you are keen on rotas and dont mind waiting for a set get in contact with JDMyard. they are in the traders section (tanghy or z10). they do shipments and can get most types so you can put in an order.