PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the parkers lights! O.o

Ek4Vtir
22-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Hi, guys... I recently purchased JDM black houseing head lights for my ek4 Civic. Looks great love them, I noticed that the low beam hole was sealed/missing. Found out its americian made and they dont use low beam over there. Where the low beam bulbs are supposed to go in; theres a circular spot sealed up with plastic.. Do I just drill a hole in it? or is there some special way I'm suppose to go around this? Any Sugguestions would be great. Thankyou in advance =]

PS. Got it installed anyways without low beam :p

dsp26
22-09-2008, 06:38 PM
drill it....

same with rear lights between edm/jdm/audm.. some are sealed from factory and all you have to do is drill/cut em out

Ek4Vtir
22-09-2008, 06:42 PM
I see simple as that ay =]

Thanks mate =]

SuiJin
22-09-2008, 06:48 PM
dude do you realize that u should b running hi/lows

Ek4Vtir
22-09-2008, 06:54 PM
dude do you realize that u should b running hi/lows

yeah I know haha, legally I have to.. But low beam mostly used as "parker lights", I probably get them installed this weekend or something.

trism
22-09-2008, 08:32 PM
umm, what about dual filament bulbs

Ek4Vtir
22-09-2008, 10:31 PM
umm, what about dual filament bulbs

never heard of that. what is dual filament bulbs? O.o

currently using h4 globes, i think its bout 4500k

BLu CiViC
22-09-2008, 10:50 PM
I think your reffering to the parker as "low beam".

Your H4 bulb should have a dual fillament which is Hi/Lo beam.

Ek4Vtir
22-09-2008, 11:19 PM
I think your reffering to the parker as "low beam".

Your H4 bulb should have a dual fillament which is Hi/Lo beam.

umm not too sure bout that.. does that mean I have to wire the low beam wires with the h4 globes?

trism
22-09-2008, 11:50 PM
itsd built into the plug

BLu CiViC
23-09-2008, 12:09 AM
umm not too sure bout that.. does that mean I have to wire the low beam wires with the h4 globes?

ok... small jellybean looking light is your "Parker" its not the "low beam"

your H4 bulb produces both Hi/Lo.

Go test it out and see if your High beam and low beam still work... if they do then the light that you havent attached is your parker light.

You dont need to wire anything up differently.

How about you take a photo of your new lights so we can see which bulb you are talking about.

Ek4Vtir
23-09-2008, 12:18 AM
ok... small jellybean looking light is your "Parker" its not the "low beam"

your H4 bulb produces both Hi/Lo.

Go test it out and see if your High beam and low beam still work... if they do then the light that you havent attached is your parker light.

You dont need to wire anything up differently.

How about you take a photo of your new lights so we can see which bulb you are talking about.

hahaha yeah I know what u guys mean by low beam now haha, I was referring to low beams as parkers. O.o

Ok low/hi beam works fine...

the whole thing is about parkerssss and the way i drill holess in my jdm headlights to fit them.

and thats that lols

aimre
24-09-2008, 08:03 PM
drill away