PDA

View Full Version : Fitting of headers

m0fo
22-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Hey there .. im a real noob when it comes to cars and i would like to know what would i have to change if i just bought headers and wanted to fix them on my car ... could i just put them on straight away or would i have to change other piping ? i am clueless .. pls help me out :D

xtat1k
22-09-2008, 07:18 PM
take it to an exhaust shop and let them do it.

blk_shadow
22-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Hey there .. im a real noob when it comes to cars and i would like to know what would i have to change if i just bought headers and wanted to fix them on my car ... could i just put them on straight away or would i have to change other piping ? i am clueless .. pls help me out :D

you gotta know where the header is made (Jap, US or Aus) because the flanges are all different.

Aus header will mostly have no problem bolting on to ur OEM cat. but JDM ones you need to change to JDM cat or buy another cat and use JDM flanges to suit the header.

m0fo
23-09-2008, 05:35 PM
you gotta know where the header is made (Jap, US or Aus) because the flanges are all different.

Aus header will mostly have no problem bolting on to ur OEM cat. but JDM ones you need to change to JDM cat or buy another cat and use JDM flanges to suit the header.

thx alot shadow ... i have a apexi muffler does that mean i will have to change the muffler or as u said see wether the headers im getting are oem or jdm that will decide .. rite ??

blk_shadow
23-09-2008, 09:17 PM
thx alot shadow ... i have a apexi muffler does that mean i will have to change the muffler or as u said see wether the headers im getting are oem or jdm that will decide .. rite ??

you don't have to change the muffler.
any exhaust and headers combination should be fine, what matter is the flanges and the length between the headers and the exhaust pipe.

which will determine which cat you shuld be using and whether you should use different flanges or not.

m0fo
24-09-2008, 01:18 PM
you don't have to change the muffler.
any exhaust and headers combination should be fine, what matter is the flanges and the length between the headers and the exhaust pipe.

which will determine which cat you shuld be using and whether you should use different flanges or not.

oh kk .. thx for explaining that.. will it cost much for labour and maybe for the piping if my flanges are different .. just want a rough idea before i do it .. thx bro

Limbo
24-09-2008, 01:53 PM
somewhere in the $100 mark if there it not much adjustments, otherwise you will need to pay extra for the flanges about $30-40 per flange.
Most places will be willing to give you a fixed price when they see it.

m0fo
25-09-2008, 09:13 PM
somewhere in the $100 mark if there it not much adjustments, otherwise you will need to pay extra for the flanges about $30-40 per flange.
Most places will be willing to give you a fixed price when they see it.

thx limbo .. shouldt be a prob then ill go do my headers now : )

MM89
25-09-2008, 09:57 PM
dude, little off topic, but do you mind me asking what apexi muffler
you have and where you got it from?
i'm looking for a ws muffler, but nobody here seems to apexi stuff

m0fo
26-09-2008, 11:33 AM
sry dude .. i got the muffler with my car when i bought it .. so yeah i have no idea what muffler it is (coz im a noob) and i dont know where i got it from .. lol .. all i know is its apexi !

MM89
26-09-2008, 11:31 PM
no worries, thanks anyway mate