PDA

View Full Version : VSA light on dash coming on while driving?

DSNTGR8
22-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Ive had my VSA light on the dash come on while ive been driving for the past 2 days. What could be triggering this?

Crapdaz
22-09-2008, 10:27 PM
loss of traction? are you driving on the same route everyday or same route for the past 2 days?

e.g your car falls into a pothole or dip in the road and wheelspins.

DSNTGR8
22-09-2008, 10:28 PM
^^^^ hrmmmm i avoid potholes at all costs because ive got 20"s

power_of_dreams
22-09-2008, 10:36 PM
whats the outer diameter of your tyres?

EuroAccord13
22-09-2008, 10:47 PM
If I remember clearly, if the VSA light comes on without u manually deactivating it from the button, it means that there is a fault in the system, better take it to the dealer for a check.

Suntzu
22-09-2008, 11:06 PM
VSA is on? Point the car straight ahead instead of sideways. nuff said.

aaronng
22-09-2008, 11:06 PM
I reckon wheel speed sensor fault.

Crapdaz
23-09-2008, 07:28 AM
get your dealer service dept to check it out.

EUR003act
23-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Ive had my VSA light on the dash come on while ive been driving for the past 2 days. What could be triggering this?

is it the orange hazard triangle coming on, or the actual VSA word?

is it coming on and staying on?

or just flashing on and off a couple of times?

when it does it are you driving 'spirited' ?

more info...

if your driving like a grandma, on even dry road... and the VSA word is coming on steady = take it to honda, VSA system fault...

if your driving a lil 'playfully' or its uneven/bumpy/wet road... and its the triangle flashing for a few seconds every now and then = VSA is stopping you from dying... thank your car and have a good day :thumbsup:

Crapdaz
23-09-2008, 08:14 AM

more info...

if your driving like a grandma, on even dry road... and the VSA word is coming on steady = take it to honda, VSA system fault...

if your driving a lil 'playfully' or its uneven/bumpy/wet road... and its the triangle flashing for a few seconds every now and then = VSA is stopping you from dying... thank your car and have a good day :thumbsup:

ROFL,

but yeh euro003act has covered what it maybe.

tron07
23-09-2008, 08:48 AM
I would change back to a decent size rims first before going back to honda....

vte18c
23-09-2008, 09:32 AM
LOL if you take it to Honda they will probably just bill you two hours labour and write you a pretty note saying ''non genuine wheels fitted'' as being the cause of the issue..

DSNTGR8
23-09-2008, 09:38 AM

more info...

the actual triangle and word 'VSA' stay on, the only time they dissapear is when you take the key out of ignition.

lol 'spirited' driving with 20"s? i sit on 2rpms the whole way to work, i dont thrash my car

i gotta get it checked out because its not normal (funnily enough it didnt come on today driving to work)

aaronng
23-09-2008, 09:46 AM
the actual triangle and word 'VSA' stay on, the only time they dissapear is when you take the key out of ignition.

Something is broken if the "VSA" word is lit up. Let us know what the dealer finds.

EUR003act
23-09-2008, 05:38 PM

lol 'spirited' driving with 20"s? i sit on 2rpms the whole way to work, i dont thrash my car

i gotta get it checked out because its not normal (funnily enough it didnt come on today driving to work)

as said by aaron... if the VSA word is lit up, there is a problem... take it to honda...

wheel size wont bother VSA unless you have different rolling diameter on different wheels lol

power_of_dreams
23-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Still, I wouldn't risk rolling into a stealership on 20"

EUR003act
23-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Still, I wouldn't risk rolling into a stealership on 20"

hahaha me neither... if you have stockies or can borrow off someone... id def do that first... lol keep the dealer happy, theyll keep you happy...