PDA

View Full Version : branded and non-branded exhaust system

CTR_EK9
23-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Hey guys,

Can someone tell me whats the difference between branded and non-branded exhaust system? with full toda exhaust system would probably cost 2.5K... while non-branded cost less than 1K. And also what are the difference in power wise?

Thanks

VTECMACHINE
23-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Every product in our world is branded.

CTR_EK9
23-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Every product in our world is branded.

LOL not all products are branded...

RtN
23-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Do you mean custom no branded or like ebay non branded.. because ebay non branded can be bad but custom can be good depends where you do it and how much you pay. You can select what material etc you want so it is in a way beneificial. But branded I believe they go through thorough testing and put R&D into it.

CTR_EK9
23-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Do you mean custom no branded or like ebay non branded.. because ebay non branded can be bad but custom can be good depends where you do it and how much you pay. You can select what material etc you want so it is in a way beneificial. But branded I believe they go through thorough testing and put R&D into it.

Yeah, b18c header from ebay is non-branded and cost less then $300... on other hand toda header cost 1K atleast, just wondering whether branded name like toda, mugen, spoon and etc does make a difference compare to stuff like from ebays.

xtat1k
23-09-2008, 09:19 PM
of course it does, therefore the price range.
ebay are usually made with cheap material.
where as the branded more expensive ones are made with better materials etc.
theres a big difference.

mocchi
23-09-2008, 10:21 PM
of course it does, therefore the price range.
ebay are usually made with cheap material.
where as the branded more expensive ones are made with better materials etc.
theres a big difference.

so what does the ebay stuff made out of? just wanna know cos i dont know
do branded ones state what alloys theyre exhaust made out of?

aluminium alloy 1,2,3,4... series?

6 series aerospace material. (6061) wikipedia :confused:

xtat1k
23-09-2008, 10:41 PM
i wouldnt know, its basically just the design and the material.
and the fact is you get what u pay for.
not saying that they are bad the cheap ones from ebay but people highly recommend the branded ones due to it being better.

Lukey
23-09-2008, 10:44 PM
you get what you pay for.

bennjamin
23-09-2008, 10:45 PM
for our na cars most power gain is in the header itself. The header back piping can be xforce or what not , as long as it follows the same basic route and is the same rough size.

mocchi
23-09-2008, 10:50 PM
hmmm... i guess it is hard to know the facts. without money of course :/

i tend to accept an item depending on what other people say about the product, although i do feel a bit doubtful. lol. if there is info about say..

mugen exhaust is made of [insert quality alloy],
specs about the alloy:
elasticity before it breaks : 18%
melt temp : 200^C
effects with heat applied : [man.. i dont know lol]

sigh.. i wish i have a research lab. wont get ripped off lol

gheybo
23-09-2008, 10:53 PM
you get what you pay for.

totally agree
you get what you pay for

lil_foy
23-09-2008, 10:54 PM
As stated headers is where the power is made mostly.

Aslong as the catback runs smoothly it can be just as good as any other catback.

VTECMACHINE
23-09-2008, 11:46 PM
LOL not all products are branded...

Name one.

hisoka
23-09-2008, 11:48 PM
LOL^^

this thread sucks more than my mugen thread. you get povo exhaust with lame material if your buying with peanuts.

VTECMACHINE
24-09-2008, 12:00 AM
LOL^^

Don't LOL... i'm being serious.

100 internet points if he can name one product on earth that does not have a brand name, or is not owned by some company somewhere along the line.

hisoka
24-09-2008, 12:09 AM
well i loled because its pretty obvious if you can name it ,it has a brand

bennjamin
24-09-2008, 04:40 PM
everything is made by someone....and that gives it a brand. Whether dodgy custom made or whatever.

I think he refers to "big name branded" vs "EBAY copy spec" stuff.

CTR_EK9
24-09-2008, 08:00 PM
I didnt post this up so we all can argue, I just want to know the difference between the branded name like toda, spoon, mugen and etc and non-brand or branded from ebay and also in powerwised.

Killa From Manila
24-09-2008, 10:10 PM
well big brand names usually have better welds, better materials blah blah. has R&D put into it and are PROVEN to give u gains. whereas cheapo ebay brand is probably cheaper material, welds arent as strong, not much R&D so prob not much gains

EG5
24-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Im running my own header design with custom 3 inch exhaust set up.
Not too sure about being better than branded items but it works for me after alot of R&D