PDA

View Full Version : first service

raphi
23-09-2008, 05:21 PM
well ,I was aware that Honda doesn't change oil + filter at first service (...as many other brand...) but when I asked to have the job done as I am willing to pay, the service manager told me that Honda had a circular note saying that no dealer will change oil+ filter @ first service in any case!...
He gave me a speech about world conservation and worlwide it will save million of old oil to be treated...I do understand in principle but still find this a bit much...
After logging on europeen web site,it seen that they are doing the same thing there...I even find out that some manufacturer dont advise any oil change before 20000 kms !...any comments on this ? What happen to all this metal particules during the first 10000 kms if Honda doesn't change oil before that ?
Thank all !

vinnY
23-09-2008, 08:28 PM
i suspect there aren't any metal particles?
in any case if they won't do it, theres nothing stopping you from doing it yourself if you're really that concerned

oils have come a long way, they could probably be using some synthetic oil when delivered to the customer thus having a long service interval shouldn't be a problem

all in my opinion anyway, don't take it as gospel

aimre
24-09-2008, 01:57 AM
no offence, but i think they know a bit better than u. If ur worried, change it urself. Its 1 bolt. A 15 min job