PDA

View Full Version : top speed header

bentusi123
24-09-2008, 06:22 PM
hey, guys.
my friend just put on the header for me on today.
but i find something interesting.
the diameter of stock pipe is bigger than top speed pipe.
im wondering how come it increase power if its smaller?

felixd
24-09-2008, 06:24 PM
cuz the design i guess 4-1 deliver power at high rpm 4-2-1 deliver power at low n mid range rpm

johnprocter
24-09-2008, 06:32 PM
was it easy to install?

EUR003act
24-09-2008, 06:53 PM
gets more power because of tuned length runners...

doesnt get as much top end power as TODA because of the smaller pipe...

aaronng
24-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Looking at the top speed primaries, I am still not convinced that it is a tuned length header.... One of the pipes is EXTRA long. If it was tuned length, it is tuned length for a particular RPM only.

EUR003act
24-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Looking at the top speed primaries, I am still not convinced that it is a tuned length header.... One of the pipes is EXTRA long. If it was tuned length, it is tuned length for a particular RPM only.

ive never seen top speed headers lol i was just guessing as to the design based on most after market headers...

lol one runner extra long lol :thumbdwn:

Crapdaz
24-09-2008, 07:47 PM
lol one runner extra long lol :thumbdwn: <--- for extra poW@ ROFLMAO!!

but in the end, its got a smoother runner curvature (how do you spell it rofl) rather than hard angled ones like the stock.

EUR003act
24-09-2008, 07:57 PM
lol one runner extra long lol :thumbdwn: <--- for extra poW@ ROFLMAO!!

but in the end, its got a smoother runner curvature (how do you spell it rofl) rather than hard angled ones like the stock.

i wanna see picture of topspeed header now lol someone post!

daz, yes, thats correct spelling lol :thumbsup:

Crapdaz
24-09-2008, 07:59 PM
i wanna see picture of topspeed header now lol someone post!

daz, yes, thats correct spelling lol :thumbsup:
hey justin, can you post a photo of your toda headers?

just want to have a sneak peak at how nice they look.

EUR003act
24-09-2008, 08:11 PM
hey justin, can you post a photo of your toda headers?

just want to have a sneak peak at how nice they look.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/DSC00600Large.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/DSC00598Large.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/DSC00591Large.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/DSC00592Medium.jpg

Suntzu
24-09-2008, 08:16 PM
basically yes you guys are right.

Ive had mine in for a year. Its an exact replica of a DC sport header but stainless steel and welded together really good. It has the crappy flex pipe but mines holding up.

The exit pipe diameter is smaller than stock by but it has 2 pipes not one big one. But ultimately I agree that it probably only lets the same amount of air out the stock header. That being said its much smoother and much less restrictive than the POS stock header.

So I think that swhy my dynos showing more mid range, that and my jtune 5000rpm vtec. Makes the car easier to drive,but doesnt have ultimate max powa due to my tight arseness not ponying up for the toda.

Crapdaz
24-09-2008, 08:30 PM
justin they are so beautiful!!!
*sob*

SteveH
24-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Those headers are a work of art

felixd
24-09-2008, 10:25 PM
toda FTW but too bad i aint got that money :( :D

bentusi123
25-09-2008, 01:56 AM
was it easy to install?
no, i dont think so, cuz i spend a few hours for that.
i have some problem with the sensor when i install it.
the header is fit, but the sensor does not.
so my friend made some modi for the sensor.
and after i install it, i can heard some sound when i push the gas hardly and it doesnt happened when i have stock header on.
im not sure its right or not, but my friend told me it should be fine.
the header itself doesnt leaking, and i cant find out where is the sound from.
does anyone has this kind of experience?

if u realy want to know whats it looks like.
according to my friend "it just like a pain in the ass, u cant reach it or stop it, the only way u can do is deal with it"

Crapdaz
25-09-2008, 05:53 AM
is the sound that you are mentioning a "hissing" sound?

if so it's from the flexpipe, dcsports headers got that hissing as well.

EUR003act
25-09-2008, 08:05 AM
if its a "hiss" kinda sound when lightly accelerating, as said above its flexi pipe hiss.. welcome to the world of after market headers :thumbsup:

nothing to worry about, completely normal :)

Crapdaz
25-09-2008, 08:12 AM
if its a "hiss" kinda sound when lightly accelerating, as said above its flexi pipe hiss.. welcome to the world of after market headers :thumbsup:

nothing to worry about, completely normal :)
mr eur0 fanatic.

Do the Toda headers have a hiss or any new sounds?

EUR003act
25-09-2008, 08:19 AM
mr eur0 fanatic.

Do the Toda headers have a hiss or any new sounds?

lol yep, they got the hiss... i like to call it n/a's turbo whine :p lol

other than that, they just make whatever exhaust your running a fair bit louder (with TODA and hi flow cat stock exhaust sounds shhhhh*****t) lol too much flow :thumbsup:

Crapdaz
25-09-2008, 08:24 AM
lol my exhaust sounds like stock but amplified a couple of times more.

Suntzu
25-09-2008, 09:06 AM
As you can see the topspeed is 2 smaller pipes, not one large one like OEM. I would guess that the total flow is a bit higher, and a lot smoother an OEM. I stand by my comments earlier that this header gives a definite improvement in the low-midrange. But not a lot top end. But for the money, about $320 is a friggin bargain.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5213/fontheaderrh3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The design is 4-2-1. Its very well put together for such a cheap header. Stainless steel and welded together good. Flex pipe is crap but mine hasnt failed. I forgot to tighten my header and 12 months since I installed it was a bit loud and i got a dyno done which i thought was a smidge low. So I took it to honda and yep! Leaking like a mofo! Check your header after 3 weeks not 52 weeks! More mods then i redyno...

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9080/topvz5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Mine hisses a tiny bit. A LOT LESS after I tightened my loose header!

Im changing my flex pipe soon. Its not failing, i just want a proper quality one.

aaronng
25-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Im changing my flex pipe soon. Its not failing, i just want a proper quality one.

My flex pipe has failed. I would like to change mine, would you be able to get mine done at the same time that you get yours replaced?

Suntzu
25-09-2008, 12:20 PM
I dont know who's going to do it. I was going to rock up at my local exhaust place and get a quote and see if they are professionals or now.

Arent you in syd?

snYpz
25-09-2008, 12:20 PM
^ Cool let me know when you guys are getting your flex pipes!

Would i be correct to be going for the 2" x 6" double braided? :D

Im in Sydney so considering getting it done by Westside mufflers since they have good rep.

Suntzu
25-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Can anyone who gets one of these Top Speed units next ( make sure you dont get the OBX one its difference and crap) measure the diameter of the final single pipe. The one that goes into the cat. I want to check it against stock. I think its 2 inch.

snYpz
25-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Can anyone who gets one of these Top Speed units next ( make sure you dont get the OBX one its difference and crap) measure the diameter of the final single pipe. The one that goes into the cat. I want to check it against stock. I think its 2 inch.

Yeah I aked the seller prior to bidding to ensure its the topspeed.

Let me know if anyone is interested in Topspeed. I have the guys email and he said he can do a bit of a discount. He has marked the price up since i purchased.

Crapdaz
25-09-2008, 12:54 PM
ask him if he can get 5zigen race headers.

aaronng
25-09-2008, 02:27 PM
^ Cool let me know when you guys are getting your flex pipes!

Would i be correct to be going for the 2" x 6" double braided? :D

Im in Sydney so considering getting it done by Westside mufflers since they have good rep.

I'm in Sydney too, so that would be good....

bentusi123
25-09-2008, 02:31 PM
is the sound that you are mentioning a "hissing" sound?

if so it's from the flexpipe, dcsports headers got that hissing as well.

that the sound it looks like.
i saw it was somewhere leaking, but my friend checked, everywhere is fine.
so, it is normal then.
but i still dont understand why top speed header is smaller than stock header?
but it is lighter than stock header for sure.

bentusi123
25-09-2008, 02:42 PM

how big for the stock one?
from what i see, the top speed looks smaller than stock.
but the way, is there any good cheap catback to use?

Crapdaz
25-09-2008, 03:58 PM
how big for the stock one?
from what i see, the top speed looks smaller than stock.
but the way, is there any good cheap catback to use?
keep the stock exhaust as its good unless you just want them for looks. What i mean by looks is if you want cannons.

bentusi123
25-09-2008, 04:28 PM
keep the stock exhaust as its good unless you just want them for looks. What i mean by looks is if you want cannons.
so, u mean i keep the stock catback? does the catback increase power?
i have the same idea as well. cuz catback cost me too much to spend.
i just decide get injen intake and header.
but the "hissing" looks so strange. i think i need time to used to it.
should i change to other header if i have chance?

tony1234
25-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Just change the flex pipe.i think you can get a double layer one.

snYpz
25-09-2008, 05:11 PM

The increase power from cat back is minimal. The catback on the stock CL9 is optimal. Change your cat, that will give u some more gains. Go either magnaflow or rt cat :D
To get rid of the hissing, change the flex pipe. It doesnt cost that much. Im waiting for my topspeed header to arrive as well. Im just gonna change the flex pipe straight away to avoid any complications or issues with hissing.
Swap the flex pipe to a 2" x 6" double braided flex pipe as mentioned by Tony.
Im not sure where to source it from. Tried ebay but not much success. Anyone know?

tony1234
25-09-2008, 05:22 PM
The increase power from cat back is minimal. The catback on the stock CL9 is optimal. Change your cat, that will give u some more gains. Go either magnaflow or rt cat :D
To get rid of the hissing, change the flex pipe. It doesnt cost that much. Im waiting for my topspeed header to arrive as well. Im just gonna change the flex pipe straight away to avoid any complications or issues with hissing.
Im not sure where to source it from. Tried ebay but not much success. Anyone know?
Exhaust shop?

felixd
25-09-2008, 05:34 PM
is it possible to modified ( enlarged ) the flex pipe ? to 2.25" piping and enlarge the pipe aswell if u know wad i mean ?

bentusi123
25-09-2008, 10:52 PM
what is the complications or issues with hissing?
is there any other funcation for change the pipe?

aaronng
27-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Now that I have been back on my stock headers, I have to say that I do miss the Topspeed header. That gave good midrange. :(

Crapdaz
27-09-2008, 10:27 PM
aaron, whats the news with getting your topspeed fixed?

bentusi123
27-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Now that I have been back on my stock headers, I have to say that I do miss the Topspeed header. That gave good midrange. :(
why u change back to stock?
i was thinking, what happened if i put top speed header and stock flexpipe?

aaronng
28-09-2008, 12:13 AM
aaron, whats the news with getting your topspeed fixed?

It will be fixed under warranty by welding in a double braided flex pipe. Do you know if they have to weld it while the headers are on your car?

aaronng
28-09-2008, 12:13 AM
why u change back to stock?
i was thinking, what happened if i put top speed header and stock flexpipe?
You'll get a huge exhaust leak because the flange for the two parts don't match.

Crapdaz
28-09-2008, 07:15 AM
It will be fixed under warranty by welding in a double braided flex pipe. Do you know if they have to weld it while the headers are on your car?

If your car is getting the flexpipe chopped off and then rewelded with double braided pipe then i think it would need to be taken out.

IMO my 2c (not worth much) but i think they would have measured the distance to the topspeed headers from where they cut it off to the flange>cat and they make sure your double braided flexpipe will be the same length to suit.

Reweld whilst it is off the car and then reinstall it back on. :p

snYpz
28-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Well once i get my Topspeed header next week, i will change the flex pipe straight away. Not gonna mess around with the problematic flex pipe that appears to come with the topspeed and dc.

I called performance exhaust(/or mufflers?) at northmead and they quoted me $110 flex pipe plus weld i think.

I'll let you guys know afterwards when its done if any of you are interested ;)

tony1234
28-09-2008, 09:30 AM
I'm sure they can weld on the flexpipe while the headers are still on the car.But haven't you taken the headers off?If so the job will be easier and maybe a bit cheaper.

aaronng
28-09-2008, 09:56 AM
If your car is getting the flexpipe chopped off and then rewelded with double braided pipe then i think it would need to be taken out.

IMO my 2c (not worth much) but i think they would have measured the distance to the topspeed headers from where they cut it off to the flange>cat and they make sure your double braided flexpipe will be the same length to suit.

Reweld whilst it is off the car and then reinstall it back on. :p

They usually tack weld it on the car, then take it off to have it fully welded on. But since i have the headers off the car and plan to drop it off on a weekday, I will need my car to be with me. :p Oh well.... I'll bring up the issue of the leaking flange too.

aaronng
28-09-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm sure they can weld on the flexpipe while the headers are still on the car.But haven't you taken the headers off?If so the job will be easier and maybe a bit cheaper.

Headers are off the car. My question was, do they have to do it while it is still on the car to get the best fit. :)

tony1234
28-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Headers are off the car. My question was, do they have to do it while it is still on the car to get the best fit. :)
I think you would get a better fit with the headers still on the car.So yes.

snYpz
28-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Yeh i think you would need the headers on. I think they might need to adjust the length of the flex pipe in order for the length to be consistent to stock i would assume.

But anyhow, I will let you guys know if i can find out when i get mine installed.

aaronng
28-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Looks like it'll have to wait til next sat then. :(

snYpz
30-09-2008, 05:37 PM

Just measured the topspeed out pipe and it is indeed 2 inch.

Suntzu
30-09-2008, 07:42 PM
It really begs the question of why upgrade the cat back from the stock 57mm pipes to anything bigger doesn't it...

aaronng
30-09-2008, 07:55 PM
It really begs the question of why upgrade the cat back from the stock 57mm pipes to anything bigger doesn't it...

For the sound. And there is still resistance in the resonator and mufflers, plus that splitter section which looks like it is squished a bit before the split.

Suntzu
30-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Yeah. Id like a bit of a note to the exhaust! probably worth if after a few mods also with a bit of extra air flow eh?

acura_ek1
30-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Are the J's racing headers straight bolt on?
and how are they compared to Toda?

Crapdaz
30-09-2008, 11:18 PM
think both toda/j's racing and 5zigen headers needs to have cat made to suit.

acura_ek1
01-10-2008, 04:22 AM
think both toda/j's racing and 5zigen headers needs to have cat made to suit.

thanks man...would j's racing make similar power to toda?

Crapdaz
01-10-2008, 07:19 AM
yeh part of the top range quality stuff.

don't know too much but i reckon on par headers would be maximworks/toda/j's racing/5zigen.<--- as these brands of headers were designed for track

aaronng
02-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Are the J's racing headers straight bolt on?
and how are they compared to Toda?

J's racing headers have no flange to bolt up to the cat. So you will have to weld on a flange. Also, it does not have a pre-cat O2 sensor port, so you will have to have one done up either in the header (which I don't think is a good idea) or on the aftermarket cat side.

So all JDM racing headers for the EuroR need to have shorter cats, because the headers were designed for the CL7 K20A.

aaronng
02-10-2008, 12:38 PM
I got my header back with a new double braided flex pipe. :p

traumatized
02-10-2008, 12:45 PM
does it look better?

Crapdaz
02-10-2008, 01:09 PM
does it sound different?

aaronng
02-10-2008, 01:12 PM
does it look better?
It looks very good. The flex pipe is super beefy now.

does it sound different?
Will find out this Saturday. Hope it takes away the ringing sound.

Crapdaz
02-10-2008, 01:21 PM
It looks very good. The flex pipe is super beefy now.

Will find out this Saturday. Hope it takes away the ringing sound.

underwarranty right?

Suntzu
02-10-2008, 01:26 PM
I got my header back with a new double braided flex pipe. :p

Im trying to get mine done in canberra. Whats a fair price for this and what sort of braid did you ask for?

Save me bundering into some dodgey exhaust place!

Im hoping its a bit quieter:thumbsup:

aaronng
02-10-2008, 01:34 PM
underwarranty right?
Yup, under warranty, which is why I bought Xforce rather than Topspeed, eventhough they are the same thing.

Im trying to get mine done in canberra. Whats a fair price for this and what sort of braid did you ask for?

Save me bundering into some dodgey exhaust place!

Im hoping its a bit quieter:thumbsup:

I got it done under warranty, so I can't advise on price. I will report back this Saturday on whether the ringing sound, which I suspect comes from the accordion flex pipe, is eliminated.

Chris_F
02-10-2008, 01:46 PM
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/DSC00600Large.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/DSC00598Large.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/DSC00591Large.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff128/eur003/DSC00592Medium.jpg

for comparisons sake... this is what the maxim works header looks like (I wish i never installed this on the car and hung it on the wall instead)

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/9283/maxim59zyhm1.jpg

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/4161/maxim47osrk5.jpg

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2875/maxim17yxvv1.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7451/maxim61oull3.jpg

yes this things hisses like a dungeon full of angry snakes... and I love it

Suntzu
02-10-2008, 01:55 PM
That header above is more art to me than a machine part. Truly amazing.

What header you got aarrong? Not the topspeed?

Crapdaz
02-10-2008, 01:55 PM
nice reckon it's got a better design than the others.

aaron has the Xforce (rebranded top speed) so his got warranty for it.

kitbkk
02-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Curik, a member here got his flex pipe replaced by Racing Projects in Mitcham (Melb) for only 60 bucks.

snYpz
02-10-2008, 05:59 PM
I got my cat and topspeed header installed today and also got the flex pipe replaced.
There is this annoying "rattle-like" sound when i accelerate hard. It kinda sounds like a leaf is trapped and rattling.

Is that normal? It doesnt sound like its a whistling sound at all. The guy at the exhaust shop told me its because there is increased flow to the stock catback which is what causes the sound. Is that true, or was there something wrong with the install?\

BTW. when not in "D", reving the engine produces no rattling sound...im confused :s

aaronng
02-10-2008, 06:17 PM
I got my cat and topspeed header installed today and also got the flex pipe replaced.
There is this annoying "rattle-like" sound when i accelerate hard. It kinda sounds like a leaf is trapped and rattling.

Is that normal? It doesnt sound like its a whistling sound at all. The guy at the exhaust shop told me its because there is increased flow to the stock catback which is what causes the sound. Is that true, or was there something wrong with the install?\

BTW. when not in "D", reving the engine produces no rattling sound...im confused :s
No idea. I'll let you know what mine sounds like when I install it. Maybe you should record a video so that we can hear your sound.

snYpz
02-10-2008, 06:39 PM
^ thanks Aaron.
But dang what a disappointment. Engine response was awesome after the install. The only drawback is the rattle sound that occurs with increased throttle....arghhh!!

Could it be that he didnt replace it with a double braided flex pipe?? Or maybe should I give it a few weeks for the parts to adapt?

I will record the sound if possible later tonight :(

EDIT --> Could not record the sound. I will give them a call to see whether it could be the flex pipe. Car is alot more responsive tho :)

bentusi123
03-10-2008, 11:28 PM
i have the same sound as well.
the guy at work shop told me there isnt any leak. i think u just need use to it. :p
i decide change to injen intake and see if there is any different.
but i feel the car become slower after i put topspeed on.
am i feel wrong or it is normal.
the car doesnt have much response at low range.
also, the guy told me, maybe i need replace the cat and intake as well.
so, right now, i just try to use to it. :(

Crapdaz
03-10-2008, 11:33 PM
i have the same sound as well.
the guy at work shop told me there isnt any leak. i think u just need use to it. :p
i decide change to injen intake and see if there is any different.
but i feel the car become slower after i put topspeed on.
am i feel wrong or it is normal.
the car doesnt have much response at low range.
also, the guy told me, maybe i need replace the cat and intake as well.
so, right now, i just try to use to it. :(
changing to injen CAI will cause you to lose low end power---> lose of low end throttle but you should be able to feel the difference but not as much.

and you will need to wear in headers and let the ecu adjust to it.

bentusi123
04-10-2008, 12:32 AM
changing to injen CAI will cause you to lose low end power---> lose of low end throttle but you should be able to feel the difference but not as much.

so, do i still change to injen or not?
cuz i heard injen intake gives better air flow, but im not sure what happened when work with topspeed header?
so, what my will looks like when i done my injen + topspeed?
do i need go to dyno and adjust my ecu?
cuz im not sure i will stay with topspeed forever, i may change back to stock or other brand later.

snYpz
04-10-2008, 01:02 AM
I have comptech icebox, topspeed headers and magnaflow cat...

The sound isnt like the whistle that most ppl with dc and topspeed headers complain about. The person who installed my parts will have another look sometime next week to look for weaknesses in the weld and play around with the flex pipe.
Performance wise, there was definitely better response down low but the "leaf-rattle" like noise is my only complaint at the moment.

Injen u will lose some power down low but the sound from the injen at higher revs might camouflage the sound from ur headers.

johnprocter
04-10-2008, 08:29 AM

thats weird when i changed to SRI i felt like i lost low power... :eek: :confused: :confused:

Crapdaz
04-10-2008, 08:41 AM
thats weird when i changed to SRI i felt like i lost low power... :eek: :confused: :confused:
did you make a CAI pipe to your SRI?
that could be why and was just heatsoaked.

Cause when i just had pure SRI with nothing feeding to it i found that it struggled in extreme weather like how we have now 30deg above.

Another thing that can help the SRI is the box it up as the engine bay heat would be restricted from the pod. <--- yet to do
Also alot of people like the CAI sound compared to the SRI as SRI sound really rough like a rocket. CAI sounds really smooth with a slight blow off sound from sucking in air.

johnprocter
04-10-2008, 09:07 AM
did you make a CAI pipe to your SRI?
that could be why and was just heatsoaked.

Cause when i just had pure SRI with nothing feeding to it i found that it struggled in extreme weather like how we have now 30deg above.

Another thing that can help the SRI is the box it up as the engine bay heat would be restricted from the pod. <--- yet to do
Also alot of people like the CAI sound compared to the SRI as SRI sound really rough like a rocket. CAI sounds really smooth with a slight blow off sound from sucking in air.

nope i just had stock air thingo then i bought SRI off net and got it installed, and now i feel like it has a loss of response in the lower revs.. like if i WOT there is like a lag before it gets up :S i'll try get a video, it might be cause i have an auto/semiauto

Crapdaz
04-10-2008, 09:23 AM
nope i just had stock air thingo then i bought SRI off net and got it installed, and now i feel like it has a loss of response in the lower revs.. like if i WOT there is like a lag before it gets up :S i'll try get a video, it might be cause i have an auto/semiauto

just curious what brand also?

hmmmm a bit strange finding it lag though.

johnprocter
04-10-2008, 09:34 AM
this one.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HPS-Short-Ram-Air-Intake-Kit-Acura-04-05-06-07-08-TSX_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c39Q3a1 Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2e c0Q2em14QQhashZitem220288601680QQitemZ220288601680
yeah i know i thought normally u get this problem with CAI not SRI.. maybe they messed up something with installation

Crapdaz
04-10-2008, 09:52 AM
so, do i still change to injen or not?
cuz i heard injen intake gives better air flow, but im not sure what happened when work with topspeed header?
so, what my will looks like when i done my injen + topspeed?
do i need go to dyno and adjust my ecu?
cuz im not sure i will stay with topspeed forever, i may change back to stock or other brand later.

Will give you better flow and mid/high end torque, and the headers should give you low/mid range.
No you don't need to tune, the Euro ECU will relearn the better airflow.

this one.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HPS-Short-Ram-Air-Intake-Kit-Acura-04-05-06-07-08-TSX_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c39Q3a1 Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2e c0Q2em14QQhashZitem220288601680QQitemZ220288601680
yeah i know i thought normally u get this problem with CAI not SRI.. maybe they messed up something with installation

could it be your filter your using? which reduces air flow?

johnprocter
04-10-2008, 10:09 AM
its the same filter in the photo why would that reduce air flow?!?

Crapdaz
04-10-2008, 10:14 AM
different companies have different filter materials which can cause restriction to air flow.

Sorry i couldnt load it cause i am capped. But hence why K&N have the best filters.
Have you also tried taking the negative terminal off before you put the mods on the car?

Then take the car out drive hard for 10mins <-- if the car is warm already.

johnprocter
04-10-2008, 10:30 AM
different companies have different filter materials which can cause restriction to air flow.

Sorry i couldnt load it cause i am capped. But hence why K&N have the best filters.
Have you also tried taking the negative terminal off before you put the mods on the car?

Then take the car out drive hard for 10mins <-- if the car is warm already.

na i havent tried that but its been installed for a while now so i assumed the ECU would of relearned it already.. I might change the filter to a K&N one, it would fit yeah?

Crapdaz
04-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Yeh just find out how big the I.D (inner diameter) is on the flange and make sure your O.D (outer diameter) of the filter itself doesn't clash with the bonnet and you should be good.

johnprocter
04-10-2008, 10:47 AM
ok cool thanks mate, so can anyone else shed some knowledge on this *looks at aarong wherever he is*

snYpz
04-10-2008, 10:49 AM
wow u guys just spent a whole page discussing intake! :p

Aaronng, let me know how your headers are going once u install...cheers ;)

Crapdaz
04-10-2008, 10:51 AM
ok cool thanks mate, so can anyone else shed some knowledge on this *looks at aarong wherever he is*
Yeh another thing is you might be feeling the delay in the DBW!

wow u guys just spent a whole page discussing intake in the header thread! :p

Aaronng, let me know how your headers are going once u install..thanks ;)

hahah but it sounds strange to know that his intake seems laggy unless it is due to the course that it is automatic and delay in DBW

aaronng
04-10-2008, 11:35 AM

Not a fan of those type of "dual inlet" pod filters. Lots of turbulence. Also, check the fittings on the SRI pipe because a leak could cause the vacuum to be slightly different and cause the MAP to give an inaccurate reading. Finally, exposed pods suck in hot air, which cause you to lose power. Happened to me when I first put on my intake without an air box around it.

aaronng
04-10-2008, 11:36 AM
wow u guys just spent a whole page discussing intake! :p

Aaronng, let me know how your headers are going once u install...cheers ;)

Bad luck, I just woke up because I was exhausted from yesterday's work. As a result, I don't have access to the usual place to install the headers. My underground carpark is grimy and filthy.

snYpz
04-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Bad luck, I just woke up because I was exhausted from yesterday's work. As a result, I don't have access to the usual place to install the headers. My underground carpark is grimy and filthy.

NOoooooooooooooo! :( ...no worries Aaron, but let us know the result. Fingers x for ur and our sake that the sound is ammendable.

I just hope the slight rattling sound is from the flex pipe or a leakage from the weld...guess thats the downfall of going for cheaper headers :p

I'll leave my car at the exhaust shop next wednesday so he can play around with the flexi and try spot the source of the sound. If a new catback would solve the sound, which i doubt, then fuji catback here i come! :)

johnprocter
04-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Not a fan of those type of "dual inlet" pod filters. Lots of turbulence. Also, check the fittings on the SRI pipe because a leak could cause the vacuum to be slightly different and cause the MAP to give an inaccurate reading. Finally, exposed pods suck in hot air, which cause you to lose power. Happened to me when I first put on my intake without an air box around it.

dual inlet?? what do you mean?

aaronng
04-10-2008, 04:27 PM
dual inlet?? what do you mean?

From the photo of the pod on the ebay side, there is filter material around the pod, and also at the end of the pod. So inside the pod itself, air sucked in from around the pod would collide with air coming in from the end of the pod, causing turbulence which is not good for air flow through a pipe.

johnprocter
04-10-2008, 04:31 PM
From the photo of the pod on the ebay side, there is filter material around the pod, and also at the end of the pod. So inside the pod itself, air sucked in from around the pod would collide with air coming in from the end of the pod, causing turbulence which is not good for air flow through a pipe.

so what can i do ?? new filter? or new SRI?

aaronng
04-10-2008, 04:35 PM
so what can i do ?? new filter? or new SRI?

Try changing the filter first. K&N is a good starting choice because it comes in many diameters. I just don't like the oil, hence the reason for me using Apexi.

johnprocter
04-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Try changing the filter first. K&N is a good starting choice because it comes in many diameters. I just don't like the oil, hence the reason for me using Apexi.

so with the SRI you have and the filter you have you dont experience that short range lag?

aaronng
04-10-2008, 04:38 PM
so with the SRI you have and the filter you have you dont experience that short range lag?

I have an enclosure around the pod, which helps since it gets cool air. :)
What do you mean by lag? You don't mean loss of torque in low rpm? if it is lag, then it coul dbe the DBW.

johnprocter
04-10-2008, 04:39 PM
LOL sorry i feel like the biggest noob in sydney whats a DBW?

Crapdaz
04-10-2008, 04:41 PM
As i said before i do not have that lag with my SRI as it does not have the dual inlet.

Where it is located in the base of the filter i have a plastic cap (brand name).

But as aaron has mentioned it is best to have it enclosed or semi enclosed as you do not have the hot temp from the K series engine sucked in and draining it's potential power output.

If you have a CAI piping feeding the SRI it's a good choice plus implementing a casing to it is even better.

DBW - Drive by wire

johnprocter
04-10-2008, 04:43 PM
so dual inlet is reffering to the actual pod right? so if i replace that, i SHOULD be solving the problem.. and whatever that DBW is, yes when i talk about lag i mean lack of torque

johnprocter
04-10-2008, 04:44 PM
might have to do aarongs ghetto box after HSC aswell LOL to stop the hot air

johnprocter
04-10-2008, 05:50 PM
this would be considered a dual inlet right? http://www.autobarn.com.au/AB_images/products/images/prod_1192581433.jpg

and this a single? http://www.nzperformance.co.nz/store/images/uploads/New&#37;20images/RU-2520.jpg

aaronng
04-10-2008, 10:43 PM
this would be considered a dual inlet right? [img]http://www.autobarn.com.au/AB_images/products/images/prod_1192581433.jpg[img]

and this a single? [IMG]http://www.nzperformance.co.nz/store/images/uploads/New%20images/RU-2520.jpg[IMG]
That's right. It might or might not solve the problem, depending if the cause is from the pod or from the DBW. So you have a 50/50 chance.

Crapdaz
04-10-2008, 11:53 PM
yup as aaron has said.

It's hard to know where the problem is and also cause we don't really know how your car drives compared to ours.

EuroAccord13
05-10-2008, 12:53 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10827

Here have a read of my test.

Crapdaz
05-10-2008, 06:42 AM
Good test reading it again.

i am so bummed i bought a K&N apollo intake ROFL!!!

snYpz
08-10-2008, 03:55 PM
UPDATE!

Bentusi123, I change the flex pipe today (again), this time to a larger flex pipe and the sounds pretty much disappeared! The response is pretty good down low. I would imagine it will improve over the next few weeks after the ecu adapts to the change.
Since u are in Sydney as well, there are a few good exhaust shops u can get the flexi replaced. I highly recommend the one i went to in northmead called Performance Exhaust. Great service and they do a superb job! :thumbsup: Let them know Wes recommended u so maybe they can do a better deal for u.
Get the flexi changed and u should be pretty happy ;)

Suntzu
08-10-2008, 03:58 PM
How much was it ( im trying to get quotes atm) and what was the type and diameter of the new flex ( so i can ask for same) ??
cheers

snYpz
08-10-2008, 04:10 PM
How much was it ( im trying to get quotes atm) and what was the type and diameter of the new flex ( so i can ask for same) ??
cheers

Suntzu, im not sure the exact size. Most TSX members change it to the 2" by 6" double braided flexi. However, my exhaust guy changed my header outpipe to a larger diameter so its going to be different.

For urself and Bentusi123, a 2" diameter would be the perfect fit. Length wise would be 6". Ask Aaronng as well cos he got his replaced last week as well.

In terms of price, i think it was broken down to about $110 supplied and fitted for the flexi.

I will see if i can get under the car to measure the length of the flexi...will get back to ya ;)

bentusi123
08-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Suntzu, im not sure the exact size. Most TSX members change it to the 2" by 6" double braided flexi. However, my exhaust guy changed my header outpipe to a larger diameter so its going to be different.

For urself and Bentusi123, a 2" diameter would be the perfect fit. Length wise would be 6". Ask Aaronng as well cos he got his replaced last week as well.

In terms of price, i think it was broken down to about $110 supplied and fitted for the flexi.

I will see if i can get under the car to measure the length of the flexi...will get back to ya ;)
i may consider back to stock and buy a J'S racing header, haha.
ok, im going to one of the muffler guy near me on next week, and see if he have some idea for my problem.
cuz i dont want spend too much on modify, otherwise, i just goning for other new header than.
anyway, im going on next week, see what happened.
just hope u have the brand for ur pipe, so i just ask for the same one.
so, basicly, i just need change my pipe than and how took u for this job?

D R U
08-10-2008, 10:37 PM
so dual inlet is reffering to the actual pod right? so if i replace that, i SHOULD be solving the problem.. and whatever that DBW is, yes when i talk about lag i mean lack of torque

DBW is an electronically controlled throttle, this means that when you press the accelerator the ecu calculates how much to open the TB and then opens it.

Thats why there is a lag between the time you press and the time you actually start accelerating.

snYpz
08-10-2008, 10:39 PM
^ Bentusi123, I dont think there was a brand name for the flexi. I just measured the size and it was about 6" in length. If you want to find out, call Performance Exhaust at Northmead.
If the exhaust guy couldnt fix it today, i would probably gone with toda but just couldnt justify the money spent on an auto cl9 :(

bentusi123
08-10-2008, 11:06 PM
^ Bentusi123, I dont think there was a brand name for the flexi. I just measured the size and it was about 6" in length. If you want to find out, call Performance Exhaust at Northmead.
If the exhaust guy couldnt fix it today, i would probably gone with toda but just couldnt justify the money spent on an auto cl9 :(
my one is auto as well.
i will try to find out, and have u have any cooling bandages around the header? someone told me i should have this on to block the hot air which made by the header.
BTW, does JDM Accord Euro R K-Series Intake Manifold (RBC) make a performance for auto euro?
Northmead....-_-! too far away man.

EUR003act
08-10-2008, 11:16 PM
my one is auto as well.
i will try to find out, and have u have any cooling bandages around the header? someone told me i should have this on to block the hot air which made by the header.
BTW, does JDM Accord Euro R K-Series Intake Manifold (RBC) make a performance for auto euro?
Northmead....-_-! too far away man.

YES! RBC will increase 5-7kw atw on both manual and auto...

(speaking from experience/research... but no guarantee lol)

bentusi123
09-10-2008, 08:36 AM
YES! RBC will increase 5-7kw atw on both manual and auto...

(speaking from experience/research... but no guarantee lol)

thats a great news. and do i need adjust my computer if i change to RBC?
is it necessary to change the computer when change input and output part
?

EUR003act
09-10-2008, 10:57 AM
thats a great news. and do i need adjust my computer if i change to RBC?
is it necessary to change the computer when change input and output part
?

nope... ECU will relearn the new intake manifold... to speed up the process you could take it to honda and get them to do an idle relearn procedure... or you can just drive it normally for a few days :thumbsup:

snYpz
09-10-2008, 01:28 PM
are u guys talking about changing to the cl7 intake manifold?
How much are they and where to source? If the gains are that much wouldnt mind doing it myself :D
Want more response down low and torque!! mmmmmm :thumbsup:

aaronng
09-10-2008, 01:35 PM
are u guys talking about changing to the cl7 intake manifold?
How much are they and where to source? If the gains are that much wouldnt mind doing it myself :D
Want more response down low and torque!! mmmmmm :thumbsup:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53683
$425

snYpz
09-10-2008, 01:39 PM
hmmm its not too bad. If the gains are abt 5-8kw atw then not too bad...

is it a direct fit, any modifications required?
Im really tempted to get it installed along with the pulleys i have on order.

bentusi123
09-10-2008, 02:11 PM
im consider this question as well.
i think we need ask EUR003act for it.
consider he has the experience.

snYpz
09-10-2008, 02:13 PM
^ yeah i know lol...Eur003ACT let us know if there are complications to fit and what needs to be done :)

If its a direct bolt on and no major modifications to fit then i'll purchase a set. Then i will be set. Was thinking abt fuji legalis r but nah...intake manifold then im done.

aaronng
09-10-2008, 02:19 PM
You two should go read his thread. All the info is in there. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92924

EUR003act
09-10-2008, 04:21 PM
thanx aaron!

im posting up pics of how to modify the RBC in my project thread tonight...

so check there guys

snYpz
09-10-2008, 04:21 PM
im consider this question as well.
i think we need ask EUR003act for it.
consider he has the experience.

Just read on tsx forums about RBC on k24 engines. Apparently there isnt much gains because its mainly at higher rpms. If our manifold is the same as the tsx (RBB), then its better suited for daily driving because it yields more torque.
to be honest, torque is the last thing i would want to lose!
....but i could be wrong

heres the link...http://tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23747&highlight=intake+manifold

EUR003act
09-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Just read on tsx forums about RBC on k24 engines. Apparently there isnt much gains because its mainly at higher rpms. If our manifold is the same as the tsx (RBB), then its better suited for daily driving because it yields more torque.
to be honest, torque is the last thing i would want to lose!
....but i could be wrong

heres the link...http://tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23747&highlight=intake+manifold

i know thats what they say in the states... but myself and euroaccord13 have the dyno's to prove you dont loose torque... i have more torque than suntzu and he has the jtune flash! RBC = WIN :thumbsup:

Suntzu
09-10-2008, 05:20 PM
yes but by Saturady and with your help I will have RBC + Jtune MwAAAUUUhAHA!

snYpz
09-10-2008, 05:20 PM
hahah yeh but u guys are different...u guys have heavily modded machines!

But will see how suntzu thinks of the install. Now maybe i should do jtune reflash once i start working full time next year! :)

aaronng
09-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Dyno proof > *

bentusi123
09-10-2008, 05:44 PM
EURO03act:
how much for ur K20 head? and whats other parts is needed?
is it cost to much to do the process?

EUR003act
09-10-2008, 10:09 PM
EURO03act:
how much for ur K20 head? and whats other parts is needed?
is it cost to much to do the process?

lol waaaaay too expensive...

ill be posting approx prices on my project pages after ive got it all working lol

Suntzu
10-10-2008, 08:47 AM
They are quoting me $185 to replace the Fles pipe with a 2.225 inch diameter double barided quality one.

Dunno if too dear. They seem to be pros tho so might get it done.

felixd
10-10-2008, 09:57 AM
They are quoting me $185 to replace the Fles pipe with a 2.225 inch diameter double barided quality one.

Dunno if too dear. They seem to be pros tho so might get it done.

did ur flex pipe tear oredy suntzu?

Suntzu
10-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Nope. All good. But while im on the Mod-wagon and about to install and dyno the RBC. might as well kill off the hissing and get it done right.

felixd
10-10-2008, 10:19 AM
:D i cant wait for ur RBC tell us how u doing ok :) maan i want to do the same as yours but no dosh at the moment and the dollars are killing at the moment :D im saving for my rims at the moment

snYpz
10-10-2008, 03:44 PM
It is a bit dear for the flex replacement but maybe its a top quality one. Who knows. I wouldnt mind spending the money as long it got rid of the sound that i was getting lol

Yeah cant wait to see the gains with the rbc. But now im thinking maybe jtune mild or other alternatives such as emanage..but that will have to wait till next year =)

aaronng
10-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Installed the header with the double braided 6" flex pipe. No more ringing sound. It sounds as quiet as stock. :thumbsup:

Crapdaz
10-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Installed the header with the double braided 6" flex pipe. No more ringing sound. It sounds as quiet as stock. :thumbsup:
did they reweld it with the header on or off? i think i recall you took it off.

plus do you know if they can change it while it's still on the car?
as i was thinking about changing mine incase it crax!

euro1986
11-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Just put in order for these Headers looking to get the flex done before it goes on.
Should be good,

npcan2
29-07-2010, 11:29 PM
When the flex pipe goes, does the car sound like it has a massive exhaust with a leaf blower inside of it???

aaronng
30-07-2010, 12:32 AM
When the flex pipe goes, does the car sound like it has a massive exhaust with a leaf blower inside of it???

Mine sounded like a farting sound. Very obvious when driving off from the ticket booth in a car park.

npcan2
30-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Mine sounded like a farting sound. Very obvious when driving off from the ticket booth in a car park.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
I was sitting at the lights next to a Holden Barina and was like "that Barina has a big exhaust!", and then I took off from the lights and was very shocked at the sound of my car... It's so loud and Droney... I do get a cool backfire noise though.