PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering what different between 6 and 8 speakers?

EURO-R
04-10-2004, 12:27 PM
I am going to install rear door speakers for my Euro, wondering what different??? :confused:

baboo
04-10-2004, 12:44 PM
It will be louder I suppose :)

Type R Positive
04-10-2004, 06:28 PM
it will draw the sound (comparitive to your ears) rearward instead of forward ( front speakers are closer to you than the rear parcel shelf) You should be able to hear more of the sound range from behind you instead of the fairly good bass (for OEM) from the 6 x 9's. I thinks it would sound better like the music is surrounding you more.

euro77
04-10-2004, 10:21 PM
I don't think it will make much different to you, but there will be for your rear passengers. Personally, I wouldn't put any speakers in the rear door just because it wouldn't make much difference to my listening pleasure.

PERTH_EURO
04-10-2004, 10:40 PM
In my euro I have removed the back shelf speakers and put a set of eclipse 6.5" 3 ways into the door positions.

With the subs in the boot they more than have the bass covered, and as im chasing competition sq, I did not want any rear sound "moving" the front stage back.

The prob with that is all the rear passengers hear is the subs, so putting the door speakers in provides them with more of the music spectrum, without moving the stage to much.

will see how i go at my first sq comp is spose

Type R Positive
04-10-2004, 11:30 PM
I hope you do well, it sounds like you got a great system. I know you have up graded, but has the sound shifted at all? I spose that if different, it is easily corrected with the headunit.

EURO-R
05-10-2004, 01:02 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys!!