PDA

View Full Version : JustJap recaros.

MikeyG
25-09-2008, 10:29 PM
Hey guys,

Recently got a present and it was a rep recaros from justjap with ek rails..now the rails dont match up to the holes... is there any other rails that i can get to fit rep recaros from justjap?? like ek vision super lows or sumthing?

cheers guys

mrwillz
25-09-2008, 10:31 PM
maybe ek9 rails

MikeyG
25-09-2008, 10:37 PM
i highly doubt so..

MikeyG
25-09-2008, 10:57 PM
bump need help guys

SHOGUNOVDDRK
25-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Take pictures of the Rails please Mikey

p.s how are they?

turbo convert
26-09-2008, 08:43 AM
if its to suit a ek why wouldn't ek9 rails fit??? i felt the vision super low felt to low for the car!
Ek9 rails FTW

Limbo
26-09-2008, 09:26 AM
maybe goto a welder ang get them adjusted.
Do any of the holes line up?
I never even knew they sold rails. Also their replica recaros i don't believe bolt in the same position as the normal recaros, better check that out first before buying new ek9 rails. Also the positioning may be different also, something else to keep in mind

cymax
26-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Haha..why don't you go back to justjap. Tell them "hey, this is not EK rails! it does not match up to those holes. You cheat me!" :P

It's going to be risky for you to get other rails to match up those seats. I just got that strong feeling that it'll not match. It's like matching bride rails with recaro seats.

You can try measuring all the dimensions of the fittings before getting the rails. I know its a pain, but just got to do it. I refabricated a new rails for my OEM seats. haha..my seat will rock everytime i do a right turn...wooohooo...FTW!

simonnowis
26-09-2008, 10:22 AM
the ek9 rail holes do not line up to the holes for the justjap rep recaros. you have to drill the holes on the ek9 rails. my ek9 rails have extra holes because they were used for justjap rep before.
however the problem is, from what i hear the justjap recaros sit higher on the ek9 rails then genuine recaros, so if your a relatively short person or do not mind the height go for it, otherwise go for vision superlow rails, which you prob have to drill holes in them also to fit the rep recaros.

MikeyG
26-09-2008, 03:13 PM
sigh.. i rang em up n told me about the issue, im gonna go back n take it.. they go they might of given me wrong rails... so yeah -.-.. like i took my passsenger seat out. and i placed the justjap rails didnt match up foor the holes.. like couple of cm's off..

SHOGUNOVDDRK
26-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Mikey get the rails exchanged

If you dont have the tools to put them in the car come a little early to the monthly and ill put them in for you :thumbsup:

[ricer]
26-09-2008, 03:16 PM
didnt even know they had rails for the EK

all their stuff seems to be more nissan orientated

ekdez
26-09-2008, 03:17 PM
they prob fit. just takes a lotof trial and error.
try fitting all screws in before u tighten them all the way.\
all after market is like that.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
26-09-2008, 03:20 PM
;1910804']didnt even know they had rails for the EK

all their stuff seems to be more nissan orientated

It is.

but there like the only people to have (now) ADR approved recaro rep's

so ofcourse us Hunduuuuu boys will want them

and yes they are somewhat Nissan/Toyota oriented :wave:

hisoka
26-09-2008, 03:27 PM
maybe ek9 rails

should work ~~ if the seats are replicas:thumbsup:

cymax
26-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Haha..why don't you go back to justjap. Tell them "hey, this is not EK rails! it does not match up to those holes. You cheat me!" :P

Hmmm...seems that I'm right about them giving you the wrong rails...haha...
See what's the result after showing them the rails.

SXC-84K
26-09-2008, 03:44 PM
u need a customized bracket for the rails to sit on. justjap rails are NOT designed to be a direct bolt on.

Sypherg
26-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Had a mate who purchased Recaro replicas from that place, and the rails are suppose to be universal rails, not specific for a car make.

That was awhile back, unless they have rails specific for cars now? If it is universal, you will need to get it custom installed to line up.

teh_mechanic
26-09-2008, 04:27 PM
i always thought justjap replica recaro's came with universal gay flat rails bolted to them.
ive got a red set of justjap replicas sitting in my room right now to go in my eg, i havnt got round to customising a bracket to make them fit.......are you sure the rail on yours isnt just a universal rail, in which case you will have to fab something up or find something that fits.

anyway, let me know if justjap is doing ek or eg rails, that would make my life much easier.
on another note - does anyone have hard *ive done this before* evidence of what rails will fit on the justjap recaro replicas to make them fit in a ek or eg/DC2

hisoka
26-09-2008, 04:29 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/JJR-Leather-Sports-Racing-Seats-Bolt-In-Honda-Civic-EG_W0QQitemZ110292520493QQihZ001QQcategoryZ33701QQ tcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

says bolt on for EG

says bolt on for EK

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/JJR-Leather-Sports-Racing-Seats-Bolt-In-Honda-Civic-EK_W0QQitemZ110292520504QQihZ001QQcategoryZ33701QQ tcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

SHOGUNOVDDRK
26-09-2008, 04:35 PM
JustJup do have specific rails for the Recaro Replica's (friend used them in his EG)

hisoka
26-09-2008, 04:43 PM
are these any good anyway~ i wanna get some seats but i was leaning more towards the other one buddyclubs~

dc4u
26-09-2008, 05:47 PM
i have a pair of replica recaros for my dc and i have never sat in original recaro's but my opinion is that they do not hold you in very well...

the upper back is fairly supportive but the waist/belly area is highly lacking!

you do need to modify the rails in order for them to fit into the car. as everyone else has said, high chance that most rails will not directly bolt to a replica seat unless you are lucky. i had to modify my rails to get them into the car

aimre
26-09-2008, 05:56 PM
^^^

ffs read the thread, he didnt get replica rails, he got rails supposedly made for his car

dc4u
26-09-2008, 06:01 PM
^^^

ffs read the thread, he didnt get replica rails, he got rails supposedly made for his car

didnt i say that?

his saying that he got REPLICA RECARO'S with EK rails so i just said... yea the rails most likely wont fit because they are replica recaro SEATS! dosnt that make sence?

SHOGUNOVDDRK
26-09-2008, 07:09 PM
are these any good anyway~ i wanna get some seats but i was leaning more towards the other one buddyclubs~

Depends.

If your a tight ass then these are for you

But imo save the money and buy a pair of decent seats

I plan on buying a el-shitto-ebay special soon (fixed back) but im not aiming to spend more then $100

BUT once i have a decent cash flow then Recaro's~etc FTW

his saying that he got REPLICA RECARO'S with EK rails so i just said... yea the rails most likely wont fit because they are replica recaro SEATS! dosnt that make sence?

He bought Replica Recaro's for his EK and they sold him the EK rails that are meant to DIRECTLY bolt in (remembering that these are JustJap specials so they are specially made)

They most likely sold him the EG ones or Universal one.

The REPLICA seat rails are meant to be DIRECT fit to the REPLICA's

I Highly doubt they sold him GENUINE recaro rails.

Mikey get some pics of the rails and or go take them back.

Bring them to the monthly and i will install them for you for free :p

hisoka
26-09-2008, 10:04 PM
thanks shogun~how poor are you, cause i know some 400 dollar seats from just jap lol. bride gias copies, iam sure you will like them if a bit cheaper, there cheap considering real ones are 2 grand
http://justjap.com/store/images/P/dxspr1.jpg

SHOGUNOVDDRK
26-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Atm pretty poor LOL...

Though ive got work now (just started) hopefully ill have more of a cash flow soon to spend spend spend

though in saying that i do not intend to buy seats now

What i have is satisfactory and i must THANK honda for making the Integra seats more of a bucket design (to hold my ass in)

I honestly believe do it right do it the first time

Though yes i would buy these/those seats i would much rather wait the 1-2years etc and buy the real deal brand new and have a simple fixed ebay special for the time being (for those hopeful soon to be track days)

The Big reason is because i know that $400 will do alot, it will almost put a deposit down for the 3G Tien Damper kit.

Only reason (right now) why id buy a new seat is if my Co-driver (GF) was not able to stay in her seat and hold onto the Jesus Bar.

02gzm
26-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Just remember if u custom fab some rails they have to be engineer approved and blue plated to be legal

MikeyG
27-09-2008, 04:27 AM
dw about engineer apprived...

anyway... like i said.. the guys said even when i called them after i trailed them..

"other customers that bought ur seats with the rails u bought match up and fit" so im gonna take the rails back wif the left seat so they can test fit.

kongfu
27-09-2008, 05:16 AM
cheap parts also got hassle : )

02gzm
27-09-2008, 09:21 AM
dw about engineer apprived...

If you wanna be on the safe side you should do it. I've been checked before. Luckily everything is blue plated.

hisoka
27-09-2008, 11:45 AM
one thing about all the just jap buisness is most it is ADR approved

MikeyG
27-09-2008, 01:23 PM
yeah it even states it is so yeah

SHOGUNOVDDRK
27-09-2008, 08:30 PM
If you wanna be on the safe side you should do it. I've been checked before. Luckily everything is blue plated.

one thing about all the just jap buisness is most it is ADR approved

And as i stated in a previous thread aswell

Mikey if i were you id make a little folder/file now and put things in it for the car i.e The Certificate from Just Jap stating there ADR approved etc

02gzm
27-09-2008, 11:30 PM
^^ i was talking about a diy bracket for your rails if you cant find rails that fit. Has to meet safety standards.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
28-09-2008, 12:24 AM
^^ i was talking about a diy bracket for your rails if you cant find rails that fit. Has to meet safety standards.

oh lol thanks for now clearing that up :p

If i want to make rails for my car is will be piss easy

Because the Rail design for the AH/AS is filled with win and easy

...could in reality make rails for my car with a 4 pieces of steel and a drill with a couple of extra bolts...

drated
12-05-2010, 01:21 PM
just thought i would like to add my two cents ....
I bought just recently the rep recaros from just jap and i had to do a lot of f*cking around to get the rails to fit which sh*ts me but in the end its all in ok.... The seats are good but the rails are crap so i would not recommend anyone getting the rails and spend money to get better ones ...

Chris S15
13-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Even though the rails are designed for each car, they aren't fitting correctly?

But the seats are fine, right? Especially at $199 each brand new.

drated
13-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Nope they didnt fit correctly , i had to do lots of modifying ...
The seats are good yes ...

MikeyG
16-05-2010, 11:08 PM
old thread lol

ye with the rails you have to bend them AND i repeat ITS NOT direct bolt on as they say load of shit. the seats were good for the first 1-3 months i went back 3 times to exchange cause it broke.. the seat broke all the time.. dunno maybe casue im big :( lol but ye Lloyd knows how fukd it is he sat on them at the meet