PDA

View Full Version : a beep or sound when u lock or unlock

huhjared
26-09-2008, 12:16 PM
hi did anyone mod their car to make a simple beep like the camry when it opens or closes the door of the car?

tony1234
26-09-2008, 01:38 PM
hi did anyone mod their car to make a simple beep like the camry when it opens or closes the door of the car?
have to go aftermarket alarm for that.:(

bigdongers
26-09-2008, 01:51 PM
The ford falcons sound the horn softly when you press the lock button twice to confirm that the doors are actually locked. nice feature.

tron07
26-09-2008, 02:09 PM
I hate car with horn sound when locking and unlocking....

huhjared
26-09-2008, 02:24 PM
you can always buy buzzers to fit it somewhere... got a mate that did it on his car... sound great... like a beeping sound from a camry... dont really have to connect them to your horn...

tron07
26-09-2008, 03:04 PM
I perfer the viper module.... but not the "viper arm" or "viper disarm" as it atract too much attention [:D]

huhjared
26-09-2008, 03:14 PM
i have to agree that the viper sound is cool... but the fact that maybe hoons start using them... dont really fancy them anymore... like the simple beep that the camry has... a mate rented a camry and we went on his car last night... then i asked myself why doesnt my car has this beep sound and its sounds just right not too loud but loud enough to let you know

Crapdaz
26-09-2008, 03:19 PM
the noise catches too much attention.

EUR003act
26-09-2008, 04:08 PM

i have RP technologies module that does it... except the beep that came with it was sh*t so i replaced it with a battery backup siren thats wired to the stock alarm aswell... makes a *chirp* *chirp* sound when i unlock it :)

Nax
26-09-2008, 04:12 PM
ide love a car with that BLOOP BLOOP sound when u unlock it

in the movies, u hear that sound when walking thro a car park, u kno your about to get run over.

Crapdaz
26-09-2008, 04:15 PM
wtf what movie has that example in it?

Nax
26-09-2008, 04:16 PM
i dunno, im sure uve seen one, guy walkin from his office to his car thro an underground caar park, heres someone go bleep-bleep, then sees the highbeams flash on to blind him, then BOOM!

cant think of any but ive seen it many times

EUR003act
26-09-2008, 04:18 PM
ide love a car with that BLOOP BLOOP sound when u unlock it

in the movies, u hear that sound when walking thro a car park, u kno your about to get run over.

mine is because the female species tend to look your way when they hear a nice *chirp*chirp* lol

...waits for crapdaz with smarta$$ comment lol

Crapdaz
26-09-2008, 05:01 PM
mine is because the female species tend to look your way when they hear a nice *chirp*chirp* lol

...waits for crapdaz with smarta$$ comment lol

at least you don't attract other males to perve at your sexy body justin!! :p

Ta da!

EUR003act
26-09-2008, 06:36 PM
at least you don't attract other males to perve at your sexy body justin!! :p

Ta da!

lol i swear your on ozhonda more than me! :p

.QD
26-09-2008, 07:14 PM
What EURO03act said, KPtechnologies (http://www.kptechnologies.com/) has a module. Here's a demo (http://www.kptechnologies.com/movies/elecbeep4.avi).

....waits for Daz to call me a gadget wh0re. :p

EUR003act
26-09-2008, 07:21 PM
hahaha ill try post a video of my sound so you can hear how much sexier and woman friendly it is compared to the standard borderline homosexual beep... :thumbsup:

edit: not that theres anything wrong with homosexuals... you do your thing guys

edit 2: no im not gay - sorry daz :p

EuroDude
26-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Dayam there are alot of wires on that kptech module. Dont you need a car that already has a horn beeper?

EUR003act
26-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Dayam there are alot of wires on that kptech module. Dont you need a car that already has a horn beeper?

nope! :) that kptech module is designed for the euro/tsx... it even tells you what colour wires to hook up :D

very simple!

from memory its:
+ power
- power
lock signal
unlock signal
beeper +
beeper -
igition signal

:thumbsup:

EuroDude
26-09-2008, 07:28 PM
I see. So where do you install it? What wires do you need to tap into? Did you do it yourself?

EUR003act
26-09-2008, 07:30 PM
I see. So where do you install it? What wires do you need to tap into? Did you do it yourself?

lol look above i edited my post... yeah you can do it yourself... all the wires piggy back off the stock wires under your steering wheel... was actually really easy to find the right wires... took me maybe and hour to install...

actually no make that 3 hours to install, forgot about the ass of a time it took me to get thru the firewall for the siren! lucky i ran another 4 wires spare for future upgrades! :p planed ahead!

EuroDude
26-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Nice. So how did you tap into the existing wires?

Did you splice them and solder the wires at a T section, then use heatshrink?

.QD
26-09-2008, 07:53 PM
KPtech's add-on modules seem to all look similar. I put in the sunroof module (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97185) a few weeks ago. I used both method. Cut and spliced some wires and soldered and finished off with heat shrink and electrical tape. I used a splice connector to connect to the ignition wire though.

EUR003act
26-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Nice. So how did you tap into the existing wires?

Did you splice them and solder the wires at a T section, then use heatshrink?

bingo! buy a auto wire stripper from jaycar electronics... theyre about $30 but will make everything sooooo much easier!

.QD : you the same as me! black cable tubing and black lecy tape... make it all look stock! love the effort you put in, i know how long these things can take to do properly!

lol you should see the wiring harness i made for my gauges / shift light / o2 sensor / ECT sensor / siren lol

.QD
26-09-2008, 08:05 PM
bingo! buy a auto wire stripper from jaycar electronics... theyre about $30 but will make everything sooooo much easier!

.QD : you the same as me! black cable tubing and black lecy tape... make it all look stock! love the effort you put in, i know how long these things can take to do properly!

lol you should see the wiring harness i made for my gauges / shift light / o2 sensor / ECT sensor / siren lol

auto wire stripper... wish i thought of that when i installed my sunroof module. i used a stanley knife and stripped the wire with that ended up cutting some of my cables.. but all good in the end.

oh, and thanx mate. i try to do it properly the first time so i dont have issues later :) only way to do it. mine took hours to install too, being careful and all, taking pix and video for a diy (if i ever do it :D)

EUR003act
26-09-2008, 08:14 PM
auto wire stripper... wish i thought of that when i installed my sunroof module. i used a stanley knife and stripped the wire with that ended up cutting some of my cables.. but all good in the end.

oh, and thanx mate. i try to do it properly the first time so i dont have issues later :) only way to do it. mine took hours to install too, being careful and all, taking pix and video for a diy (if i ever do it :D)

lol yeah i take pics of everything i do thinking "ill write up the best DIY for this" but then i never have the time :( lol im still half way thru my RBC DIY lol which i did like 6months ago! haha

Crapdaz
26-09-2008, 09:29 PM
you guys are going crazy at it i wished i had time on my hands to do all that.

What EURO03act said, KPtechnologies (http://www.kptechnologies.com/) has a module. Here's a demo (http://www.kptechnologies.com/movies/elecbeep4.avi).

....waits for Daz to call me a gadget wh0re. :p

i don't need to call you that..... ^ please refer back to your original post gadget wh0re :p !!!