PDA

View Full Version : Annoy sound from the front

baboo
04-10-2004, 03:51 PM
Hey Euro owners,

When your euro is at idle, with your stereo turned off and assuming no one talking in the car, are you able to hear the ticking sound from the injectors?

It's quite annoying to hear that "tick tick tick" sound. I know the solution is to crank the stereo up, but sometimes ones needs to have some peace and quite. Tranquility that sorta sh!t. :D

Anyway, once I get the exhaust I'd probably will miss the sound... :p

PERTH_EURO
04-10-2004, 06:03 PM
i think the noise is more pronounced from the outside as the intake side is now at the front of the car.

meh not sure tho

Type R Positive
04-10-2004, 06:16 PM
I don't really notice.... or care about it. I'm just happy that I'm going for a drive in my euro :)

euro77
04-10-2004, 10:19 PM
I can't hear any engine sound inside my cabin when my car is fully warmed up and at idle (and I admit there are times when I thought the engine is off!). Maybe I will hear the tick tick if I'm outside, but I haven't been standing outside of my car with engine running :D

PERTH_EURO
04-10-2004, 10:46 PM
I don't really notice.... or care about it. I'm just happy that I'm going for a drive in my euro :)

Hell Yeah... hear hear

Euro_Boy
05-10-2004, 08:31 AM
Tick Tick?

I think thats the tappets. If you have been for a long drive and/or been going for a fang, the tappets will be fairly loud for a few minutes.

Nothing to be concerned about provided it is the above. Its like any car u take for a fang!

h22a accord
05-10-2004, 08:38 AM
injectors ticking? no offence but it's a car ffs, all cars make noise, if u do not like noise, go sit by yourself in an empty padded cell.

baboo
05-10-2004, 08:43 AM
injectors ticking? no offence but it's a car ffs, all cars make noise, if u do not like noise, go sit by yourself in an empty padded cell.

Yeah haha, I knew someone is gonna say that ;)

Type R Positive
05-10-2004, 09:25 AM
Tick Tick?

I think thats the tappets. If you have been for a long drive and/or been going for a fang, the tappets will be fairly loud for a few minutes.

Nothing to be concerned about provided it is the above. Its like any car u take for a fang!
Not the tappets. they only tick when gummed up after years of abuse. It is Injectors pulsing.

A'PEXi
05-10-2004, 11:57 AM
i used to have this 'ticking' sound in my civic, the mech said its nothing to worry about :D

Type R Positive
05-10-2004, 05:32 PM
when it warms up the sound should usually go away with tappets. nothing to worry about.

bird
05-10-2004, 05:38 PM
when it warms up the sound should usually go away with tappets. nothing to worry about.
if your tappets are that noisy you may need to get them adjusted other wise its just normal engine noise.

Type R Positive
05-10-2004, 05:43 PM
yeah, maybe in ya '74 civic