PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't it be awesome if...

Zelka
26-09-2008, 11:38 PM
We have here as i have seen a lot of people mostly in australia. These people have a wealth of knowledge and all that. Basically i was thinking wouldnt it be absolutley awesome if...

wait for it

an OzHonda Track car???

Ok hear me out a backyard job civic for example or anything else that is cheap and symbolises the great Honda Marque. Id like to see an EG but i guess whatever we can get our hands on. Then throw at it lots of time, love, dedication and effort and as little money as possible at it lol. Help from the sponsers would be great!

We could also maybe if wynode would like put the stickers of whichever sponser sponseres us most prominantly on the car, as well as the OzHonda thing on it whatever. Then we find a driver and enter a couple of races, nothing big...but at the same time dispel the whole "all honda cars are rice burners" thing.

Another added benifit would be us doing some crazy and wait for it Official OzHonda write ups about almost everything we do to the car (obviously there will be some setups we wont reveal to the public).

Well its just a crazy dream of mine. And if it ever does pan out to even a mere spec of a possibility im all in for helping alot and donating a bit of money (i have very little thou lol).

Well i dunno u guys should get the gist of it but yeah so i wanna know what u guys think...

P.S. i live in syd so obviously im not gonna be helpping a lot if we decide to do this in melb or whatever lol

trism
27-09-2008, 12:39 AM
it would be great.

but the chances of it happeniung are next to none...

kelviN
27-09-2008, 12:57 AM
your idea is too vague....

Keep working on it =)

MWAKU
27-09-2008, 10:41 PM
sounds like the auto salon drift car..

reality is.. its just a forum.. hardly anyones goin to contribute and noones gonna fork out like 15k building it..

SHOGUNOVDDRK
27-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Sorry to crush your thoughts/opinion/idea but Trism and MWAKU just put it.

Though to contribute

If i were to see something like this happen it WOULD need to be ED maximum for age (and even then i shiver)

I think something like this should be old school and a restoration to represent what brought us all together back to life :p

Anyway im probably off my rocker right now so try not to listen to me to much :p

tseesinngwailo
27-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Lets get a 1975 Civic! EB1 ?? old skool!

Zelka
28-09-2008, 02:40 AM
YAYYYYY
go tseesinngwailo....**** that took me a while to spell right ahahaha
i like ur attitude lol

i also agree with the other pplz it would be hard/impractical/fun :P
but srsly it wou be CRAZY if it happened
big if but yeah :(

i think i shall cry myself 2 sleep now it is 2:40am

xntrik
28-09-2008, 06:21 AM
Alright gimme money.

anyone?

anyone?

no one.

whtteg
28-09-2008, 08:49 AM
heres an idea....

why not start small only thinking about looks....

im sure there are enough mechanics, panel beaters, air brush artists and spray painters on the forum to get a eg up to auto salon specs, using donated time, parts and labor (even having a wanted to donate thread, so anyone who wants to clean out parts they dont want or need can donate). enter that in AS and see what the reaction is from prospective sponsors...

then in year two of the project if sponsors can be found get the parts needed to make the car compeditive from sponsors and race at local club level all the time improving the car and driver until maybe one day it gets to be a known project....

just my 2c anyway...

bennjamin
28-09-2008, 09:56 AM
nice ideas but there isnt enough money or official sponsors behind this website to produce such a side project. This is a free forum with little or no advertising (depends on how your browser is set up) So there wouldnt be much point to pushing a Ozhonda race car. There are , however past and current and future cars organized thru and via this website :)

xntrik
28-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Monty ITR has a J's racing sponsored DC5-R, ask him to stick Ozhonda sticker on it.
were done. LOL

ek4-guy
28-09-2008, 12:30 PM
I have a similar idea but mine isn't aiming so high.

My idea is to get a group of friends together all willing to spend time building and working on a car. Say 4/5 people willing to work and put in a small outlay to buy a car then donate parts to it.

For instance my ek4 is constantly getting new parts and the parts I take off are perfectly good oem parts like I/H/E, Wheels and soon a B16a2 that will just need new rings.

My idea would be for the 4/5 of us to all pitch in to buy say an eg hatch say $500 each then we all donate our old parts, skills and time.

Once the car is fitted out and preped for racing then each contributing person could buy a set of tyres (or buy tyres as a group).

Then we could take turns in racing the car and honning our race skills without putting our road cars at risk.

Say it was my turn to race all would have to outlay would be fuel and event entry costs and have my set of tyres fitted up. It would be upto me to buy spark plugs and filters wich I could save for my next run along with the tyres.

So far my idea isn't perfect as oil, tyres and sundries may maynot last say 4/5 events but if they did then these parts could be bought as a group. Also if this was the case the usage list would have to be modified each time. To eventually allow every person to drive on new and older parts to be fair

The group could also have fun bbq days while preping the car for each event aswell as attend the event giving support and sharing techniques/ideas.

xntrik
28-09-2008, 12:34 PM
This thread is basically asking for people with spare money to make a fun thrash car.

m0nty ITR
28-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Just like time shares it's far too complicated to do.

I like having sole ownership of my car because all mods and where it goes are decied by me. (and sponsors) :p

Alot of people here already have their own cars which they track anyway. What exposure or gain would Oz Honda get from the expense of building a track car? What would be achievable? To just build one for fun to thrash around wouldn't make sense. What if someone were to bin it?

We have a partnership with Club ITR which helps expose the boards to more members and it's also a grea avenue for keepong people updated with results. If we were to launch jsracingteam.com.au from a fresh start the volume of interest would be much smaller.

Zelka
28-09-2008, 01:37 PM
"There are , however past and current and future cars organized thru and via this website"

such as?

bennjamin
28-09-2008, 01:52 PM
"There are , however past and current and future cars organized thru and via this website"

such as?

...such as sole members in the BUILD threads , or other members out there that build and race cars for fun. All affiliated with Ozhonda.

What you ask , is can a car be built by ozhonda with sponsorship all over it and taking part in racing events right ? That is up to any member here.

Dxs
28-09-2008, 05:40 PM
...such as sole members in the BUILD threads , or other members out there that build and race cars for fun. All affiliated with Ozhonda.

What you ask , is can a car be built by ozhonda with sponsorship all over it and taking part in racing events right ? That is up to any member here.

maybe use nissansilvia.com as an example.. if you dont understand what he is getting at.

bennjamin
28-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Not being a member or a frequent viewer of nissansilvia.com (like probably most members here) , i dont understand what you are getting at either.
Can you link us here or quote some relevant info regarding this topic. Ta.

Zelka
28-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Lol basically bennjamin is correct, but it is more like "hey we are building so and so come help whenever". But yeah i am also unfamiliar with the nissansilvia.com project or whatever it is they are doing, although id like to find out...

link/quote pls

trism
28-09-2008, 09:03 PM
yes but nissna silvia make more money than oh

bennjamin
28-09-2008, 10:04 PM
does anyone have an idea how many traders/sponsors there are on NS ?

Zelka
28-09-2008, 10:11 PM
i went and had a look at their project....its for sale
http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=315370
thats the link for it, and btw its FAR more intense than anything that i actually envisioned

and btw in the thread they are mentioning another project oh well lol
anyway i was thinking something that is not going into Drift Australia but just a medium for testing parts makes for some interesting DIYs and also some fun and something to do for the ppl in this forum

and anyway it was an IDEA not saying we should or shouldnt do it lol

SHOGUNOVDDRK
28-09-2008, 10:14 PM
does anyone have an idea how many traders/sponsors there are on NS ?

Id say Give or take 10-20

Keep in mind in order to Sell ANYTHING there you need to donate $20 to them..

bennjamin
28-09-2008, 10:14 PM
wHO actually made or funded this "ns" project ?

Zelka
28-09-2008, 11:10 PM
lol i have no idea who did, but according to the thread it has 60-70k worth of mods...
so yeah lol that kind of makes it look even MORE unrealistic for us :P
but still HONDA POWERRRZZZZ (cos ED/EF didnt come vtak)

whtteg
29-09-2008, 06:13 PM
from the looks of it the ns car has more sponsors than we have traders on oh and the forum owner himself owns the car...

i didnt think the original post you were envisioning a car quite to that standard, more a backyard job lol

oh and Zelka what do you mean???
"but still HONDA POWERRRZZZZ (cos ED/EF didnt come vtak)"
ef8 ARE vtec they came out with a b16a in them from factory (not that you would be likely to have one donated for a club project though)

Zelka
30-09-2008, 12:37 PM
"ef8 ARE vtec they came out with a b16a in them from factory"
oops my extreme bad i did not know
im embarrassed
:shy:

but yeah whtteg i didn't envision anything that big hahaha thats for me when i have my own money lol but when u say backyard job i dont think you quite got it either hahaha i meant something along the lines of a civic or something with an appropriate engine swap some suspension and brake upgrade or something. a couple of mods that would make it trackable and competative. oh and of course weight reduction hehehe

whtteg
30-09-2008, 06:29 PM
but yeah whtteg i didn't envision anything that big hahaha thats for me when i have my own money lol but when u say backyard job i dont think you quite got it either hahaha i meant something along the lines of a civic or something with an appropriate engine swap some suspension and brake upgrade or something. a couple of mods that would make it trackable and competative. oh and of course weight reduction hehehe

i thought you ment a group of ozhonda members (whos day job they are professionals in automotive industry ) donating their time to make a race car on the cheap with parts begged, borrowed or whatever to make a car that could promote ozhonda on a small scale which with trial and error become compedative and gain sponsorship eventually?? maybe im wrong but to me that would be achievable if a car could be found and a fairly neutral but trustworthy member (a mod preferably) could supervise the car when being worked on and when stored between being worked on and races...

wynode
01-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Stay tuned :)

Zelka
02-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Wynode, dude you give me so much hope!!! lol
and whtteg they dont have to be pro's cos they're are so many ppl (me included) that can do things without being a mechanic....professionally at least lol.
and to be honest it was an idea that i shouldn't have control of as a mod as u sed should be in charge, or at least there, so exactly how it would be executed isnt up to me, but i just had an idea and decided to write it lol

EK9
02-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Stay tuned :)
ZOMG wot da??? Awesomeness... hehe

I got another brilliant idea if this falls thru...

Instead building a REAL Ozhonda track car, why don't we build a VIRTUAL Ozhonda track/modified car? :p Something similar to what Autosalon mag does at the front of their mags... only we'll get input from all members.

Anyway what i mean is we can have weekly official polls for each and every facet of the car - from the model, colour, engine swap, bodykit, wheels, mods, etc. then if there are any graphic designers in the house, they can try to replicate/draw/model/render this beast! omg how cool would that be... :D

Anyway was just another random idea... LOL

beeza
02-10-2008, 08:12 PM
We have here as i have seen a lot of people mostly in australia. These people have a wealth of knowledge and all that. Basically i was thinking wouldnt it be absolutley awesome if...

wait for it

an OzHonda Track car???

Ok hear me out a backyard job civic for example or anything else that is cheap and symbolises the great Honda Marque. Id like to see an EG but i guess whatever we can get our hands on. Then throw at it lots of time, love, dedication and effort and as little money as possible at it lol. Help from the sponsers would be great!

We could also maybe if wynode would like put the stickers of whichever sponser sponseres us most prominantly on the car, as well as the OzHonda thing on it whatever. Then we find a driver and enter a couple of races, nothing big...but at the same time dispel the whole "all honda cars are rice burners" thing.

Another added benifit would be us doing some crazy and wait for it Official OzHonda write ups about almost everything we do to the car (obviously there will be some setups we wont reveal to the public).

Well its just a crazy dream of mine. And if it ever does pan out to even a mere spec of a possibility im all in for helping alot and donating a bit of money (i have very little thou lol).

Well i dunno u guys should get the gist of it but yeah so i wanna know what u guys think...

P.S. i live in syd so obviously im not gonna be helpping a lot if we decide to do this in melb or whatever lol

And it will be a d-series! :thumbsup:

:angel:

whtteg
02-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Wynode, dude you give me so much hope!!! lol
and whtteg they dont have to be pro's cos they're are so many ppl (me included) that can do things without being a mechanic....professionally at least lol.
and to be honest it was an idea that i shouldn't have control of as a mod as u sed should be in charge, or at least there, so exactly how it would be executed isnt up to me, but i just had an idea and decided to write it lol

I know a lot of people here know a fair bit about cars but.. what i mean by professionals is as in a spraypainter (i know id prefer to see a top job done instead of something slapped together, others could help prepare, mask etc) a mechanic to oversee all work, just to make sure all bolts are tightned and tensioned the right amount this person/people could probably show a lot of people the finer points needed...

Zelka
03-10-2008, 12:09 AM
d-series? what d series i have a d16 in my ek NO D SERIES NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

beeza
03-10-2008, 10:46 AM
haha,me too but we will fully work it bro :)

Zelka
03-10-2008, 03:05 PM
hmm, we will see, we will see.... well the first mod to my ek1 (besides that stupid LED interior light i put in) will be the pedals i got off one of the OH crew im gonna go gettem now from the post office...i may put up a Build Thread...

beeza
03-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Yeah,do it man,That will be fun and will help to ispire you to do the work :)

Zelka
03-10-2008, 05:44 PM
cant do it man...

Zelka, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

do i need Member Status?

trism
03-10-2008, 05:46 PM
nobody can

you need to pm a mod, ask them to move it fo ryou

Zelka
03-10-2008, 05:52 PM
so i start one in which thread?

trism
03-10-2008, 06:03 PM
the appearence section.

then ask to get it moved

Zelka
03-10-2008, 06:10 PM
kk thnx dude appreciated :)

beeza
03-10-2008, 06:19 PM
Ah sweet,cheers Trism :)

beeza
03-10-2008, 06:34 PM
We could get a sick d and a k going and a b if feasible :)

Lets do it!

Zelka
03-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Lets do it!!!!!!

i_own_you
17-10-2008, 12:26 PM
oh i brought this up a few years ago (mainly because i was reading the ns.com s15 drift car build back then)

but no, we're too small compared to ns.com and sa.com

[edit i remember when the ns.com car was silver painted at first, then it had an accident, then i didnt bother following it after that]

meh

beeza
17-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Was it cause of legal reasons?