PDA

View Full Version : Headlights not working right

ITR
27-09-2008, 04:41 AM
The cars a 92 Honda Civic Si

When I turn on my head lights the right one is only half working (its brighter then park, but alot less brighter then normal) and the left one is fine. Then when I turn on the high beam the right one goes off completely.

Even when the high beam is off, the light is on on the dash (when lights are fully turned on, not parkers), its just not as bright when the high beam is on.

Anyone else had this problem ? If so, how did you go about getting it fixed. If nothing comes up here, might have to dig in the pocket for an auto sparky.

Cheers

55EXX
27-09-2008, 08:02 AM
replace your bulbs the bulb may have gone and is shorting. that would be my first cheap and easy point of call

dumped echo
03-10-2008, 06:54 PM
yes...swap the bulbs left to right...and see if the problem reverses.
If it does reverse then its likely to be the bulb. If it stays the same....then you have wiring issue.

ooomaaa
04-10-2008, 12:53 AM
Play around with the wires behind the headlight thats not working, mine doesnt turn on sometimes because it was loosing contact, i just sticky taped it and fixed lol. Umm otherwise taking into account the other issues its probably something to do with the wiring, maybe loosing connection/ power somewhere :/.

aaronng
04-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Buy a new bulb. If yours is a H4, the low beam filament could have burnt out and is shorting with the high beam filament.

ITR
10-10-2008, 03:17 AM
Update : Got the lights working fine, changed the bulb and it works great. I do think the terminals need replacing at a later stage, they look really shit house.