PDA

View Full Version : s2000 CF BONNET

lonelybutterfly
27-09-2008, 11:10 PM
HI GUYS & PROS
i need a bit of help & advice here, for the first time i've purchased a brand new replica c-west style CF bonnet for my s2000, so i've tried to fit it on myself but the bonnet doesn't sit flat and close, it doesn't seem to click on and hold the hook leaving a 2cm space height where the hook is. just imagine when u pull bonnet handle from interior then bonnet pops up and that is what it looks like now and sitting on that position right now.:o
i've also tried pushing it down with abit of force but it will just pop up again:( so i called the seller & told him the situation and he told me to take it to a professional to modifly the hook or use bonnet pins so it will sit and hold, is that true?? what should i do to make it fit and sit properly?
has any one had the same experience installing there cf bonnet?
please help, thanks:thumbsup:

m0nty ITR
27-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Someone else is gonna say it but if you buy genuine you don't have these issues. It's too hard to determine without detailed pics. Also I wouldn't accept the sellers response. You shouldn't have to modify existing fittings to make it fit. It should copy the OEM attachments. Where did you buy it from?

BRU51N
28-09-2008, 12:10 AM
trying moving the latch lower, if that doesnt work, maybe get a shorter hook (on the bonnet) to make it sit lower.

lonelybutterfly
28-09-2008, 07:35 AM
Someone else is gonna say it but if you buy genuine you don't have these issues. It's too hard to determine without detailed pics. Also I wouldn't accept the sellers response. You shouldn't have to modify existing fittings to make it fit. It should copy the OEM attachments. Where did you buy it from?

Yea bro, your right i should have brought a genuine, but i got mine from ebay for very cheap. even if i spend money to modiflying the bonnet it would still be heaps cheap. so im alright with that. all i want is to make the bonnet sit normailly... i guess i have to take it to the mechanic on monday:(

ludecrs
28-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Someone else is gonna say it but if you buy genuine you don't have these issues.

A genuine dry carbon fibre C West bonnet is $6K........ pass.

trying moving the latch lower, if that doesnt work, maybe get a shorter hook (on the bonnet) to make it sit lower.

As above, move the latch lower. 3 size 10 bolts will do it. they are bolted onto the latch, just losen them off, and it will slip down about 1-2cms, then re tighten. I had the same problem recently with the S/c kit and this solved my problem :thumbsup:

icecrm
09-10-2008, 09:19 AM
i agree with ludecrs....pass on the 6k bonnet

i was gonna get a j's racing one for me car but LOL'd at the price
also with the genuine always fit 100%

in regards to the bonnet, i had one on my s15 and just had to move the latch abit.

mars_panas
09-10-2008, 09:31 AM
what is making the Bonnet sit in that position???

check in between the bonnet and the car and see if you can find the cause of it....

It could be the rubber stopper

Open the bonnet and find the little rubber stopper, if its sitting to high screw it in a little to shorten it....

if that isn't the cause i think you need to modify the hook or the hinges.....