PDA

View Full Version : retrimming interior of my ek1 question

me5t1za
28-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Heya, i'm thinking of retrimming the interior of my ek1 to a cream colour. For example I'll be painting the plastic on the door and where the trim is i will be following the DIY door trim and changing it to cream material. I do want it to look nice so i do value ppl's opinion as to how i should go about doing it. I still don't know whether i should paint the plastic or retrim it all in material. Please let me know what you think, it's much appreciated. Also my windows are wind up ones and was wondering if the door trim will still come off or are there any additional screws that need to be taken out? Thanks in advance :)

Lukey
28-09-2008, 12:16 PM
you drive sexspec?

me5t1za
28-09-2008, 12:20 PM
lol no, not yet anyway. My ride is black and i've just always liked the look of cream interiors .

SHOGUNOVDDRK
28-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Yes the door trims still do come off and i believe you will need to get the handle off first

If you can find a instruction manual (google 'Honda civic *insert year* Service Manual') im sure you will find it :thumbsup:

Good luck with the retrim (post pics when you are done)

me5t1za
28-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Yes the door trims still do come off and i believe you will need to get the handle off first

If you can find a instruction manual (google 'Honda civic *insert year* Service Manual') im sure you will find it :thumbsup:

Good luck with the retrim (post pics when you are done)

Thanks for that. I have a service manual but it just had the history of when the car was serviced. I also had a look at the owners manual but didn't state anywhere about the wind up windows, just the power ones. I do some more research in the mean time and will def post pics up in my thread when it's done.

[ricer]
28-09-2008, 01:48 PM
theres a metal fork kind of tool u can buy from supercheap to take out a the clip that holds ur window winders in...
just go into the store and ask one of the team members for it

[ricer]
28-09-2008, 01:51 PM
oh and try avoid spray painting the plastics where possible... it looks so chat when it shows the cracks in the paint...

there was a DIY here somewhere where a guy trimmed his whole door in vinyl... has a better look then sprayed plastics i reckon anyway...

me5t1za
28-09-2008, 02:06 PM
;1912812']oh and try avoid spray painting the plastics where possible... it looks so chat when it shows the cracks in the paint...

there was a DIY here somewhere where a guy trimmed his whole door in vinyl... has a better look then sprayed plastics i reckon anyway...

oh ok, yes i asked the guy who did that DIY for his opinion. He said i can spray the plastic and then just do the door trim in material because if it's not done right, the fabric will come off, which i know it needs to be stuck down really good. I'm looking at making the whole interior cream, i.e dash, where the back seats are and the parcel shelf (which i'll either dye or put material on it) not just the door trims. I do want it to look nice so i do value ppl's opinion as to how i should go about doing it as well. Thanks for that.

mp-
28-09-2008, 02:53 PM
;1912812']oh and try avoid spray painting the plastics where possible... it looks so chat when it shows the cracks in the paint...

I agree...ive seen many ppl spray theres and in the long run it looks really crap. But if you are going to do it, i suggest get a pro, unless you know exactly what ur doing.