PDA

View Full Version : Antenna Problem

Mz Integrra
04-11-2003, 10:51 AM
Something has happened to my automatic antenna on my car (LS Integra)
When the ignition is switched off, you can hear the noise the antenna does when it goes down, but nothing happens... it stays up.

I tried taking off the plastic casing from inside my boot to find the problem, but its not budging.

Wats the go? How do i go about fixing it myself?

Calvo
04-11-2003, 10:53 AM
i had the same prob on my two accords, get some oil or WD40, and put it on the antenna, then use urs hands to push it in and pull it back out, work the oil in a bit.
its just a bit stuck thats all :D

Mz Integrra
04-11-2003, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I already tried WD40 to no avail.
It sounds like there is something wrong with the gear. Any clues as to where this is located?! hehe

XXpl0Sive
04-11-2003, 11:08 AM
It's a factory problem with Integras, even my one!

Calvo
04-11-2003, 11:09 AM
hmmm i dont really kno wats wrong den :roll: lol coz i dunno wat ur antennas like.
could be a jam? or something just pissin it off.
soz cant help, im sure someone here can tho :D

vti-2
04-11-2003, 11:45 AM
When i bought my DC2 the antenna didn't go all the way down. It was kinda bent and used to make heaps of noise. I ended up getting a brand new replacement nice and cheap... :mrgreen:

poid
04-11-2003, 11:54 AM
Mine got a little jammed cos of frost, and wouldnt go down all the way. So i just put a switch in so the bloody thing doesnt go up :)

I did take it apart, but couldnt figure out what was wrong. Its not a very complicated mechanism to disassemble and put back together, so doing that you may see something

Redteg
04-11-2003, 02:01 PM
The problem most probably lies with the little toothed section that "reels up" the antenna. I'll see if i can find you the instructions to fix it, it isnt a big job and happens to almost everyone.

stocky
04-11-2003, 11:07 PM
The plastic reel inside the mast is broken.
Better to buy an aftermarket antenna mast or replace the antenna.
The knocking noise is when the antenna mast is broken or jammed. It sounds like no noise so plastic reel broken.

Dream`R
06-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Most probably broken reel teeth. Yeah this is a very common integra (if not honda) problem. I'm surprised ur only noticing the knocking noise now. It usually happens alot sooner.

Mz Integrra
07-11-2003, 08:40 AM
Considering my car is just over 10 yrs old, Im pretty surprised that this is the first time I've had a problem with the antenna 8)

I still havent fixed the problem (lol). Hopefully 1 day soon.

tofu R
09-11-2003, 11:13 AM
just a s2k antenna conversion
my antenna used to do that
fixes all your problems

hondaboy
17-11-2003, 07:07 PM
on my LS i made a switch for the antenna
so it only goes up when the switch is on as long as the head unit is on as well.
i hardly eva listen to the radio so my antenna is always down.
hopefully this will prolong antenna operation haha

deceivin
12-03-2004, 11:06 AM
i know this thread is old, but could someone tell me where to get a new antenna from? mine is abit bent and doenst go all teh way up or down.. and makes that irritating noise. :x

vti-2
14-03-2004, 04:28 PM
i know this thread is old, but could someone tell me where to get a new antenna from? mine is abit bent and doenst go all teh way up or down.. and makes that irritating noise. :x

Honda.

wynode
14-03-2004, 04:40 PM

Did you look here:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=300 ????

olda
16-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Something has happened to my automatic antenna on my car (LS Integra)
When the ignition is switched off, you can hear the noise the antenna does when it goes down, but nothing happens... it stays up.

I tried taking off the plastic casing from inside my boot to find the problem, but its not budging.

Wats the go? How do i go about fixing it myself?

Design fault with the antenna mechanism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Honda should be fixing it free of charge. Toyota would!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

tanghy
16-03-2004, 09:31 PM
why didn't you buy that sportivo then?

Calvo
17-03-2004, 10:17 AM
Design fault with the antenna mechanism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Honda should be fixing it free of charge. Toyota would!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x
even if the car was more than 10yrs old??

Mz Integrra
17-03-2004, 02:19 PM
I still haven't gotten around to fixing the problem.... its still making that annoying crunching noise. I'll get around to it one day.

Just another quick question... when I got my car & it had the stock stereo in it (radio / cassette player) when I listened to a cassette the antenna would go down, and pop up when the radio was turned on.

Then I got a cd player installed and the antenna popped up regardless if u listen to a cd or the radio. Is this normal?

Javed
17-03-2004, 02:54 PM
What type of cd player is it? Maybe the person who installed it accidentally wired the remote turn on lead (usually to turn on amplifiers in synch with the head unit) to the power antenna wire.

Hope that helps,
Javed

Mz Integrra
17-03-2004, 03:38 PM
Its a JVC.. not sure on the model number bcoz I don't have my car here atm

A'PEXi
17-03-2004, 03:52 PM
i have a jvc, when you take the cd out, or change to radio, the antenna will pop up. when your listening to the cd it will be down.

Mz Integrra
17-03-2004, 04:01 PM
umm nope, mine stays up regardless :( It only goes down if i turn the stereo off or swtich off the ignition. And I got my system installed professionally too .... :x

deceivin
17-03-2004, 09:18 PM
hehe, i think he hooked the antenna wire to go up whenever your player turns on.

Javed
17-03-2004, 10:41 PM
Yep that means my reply makes sense. If you are any good with car audio its a cinch to fix. Otherwise take it back to the place that installed it and get them to redo it.