PDA

View Full Version : Euro stereo

George euro
29-09-2008, 11:22 PM
hey guys im just wondering i am going to get my ORIGINAL speakers wired up to an amplifier and add 2 twelve inch subs has any1 done this set up and can tell me if the stock speakers crank once amplified? because my car b4 this i done that and it cranked just fine

iLlusion10
30-09-2008, 12:53 AM
there's a few tutes if you search for it. try searching for like "euro sub" or "euro amp" or "accord euro sub" etc.

EuroDude
30-09-2008, 11:43 AM
The stock speakers do sound a bit louder when Amp'd but thay can't handle the extra power well at all. They start to clip and the treble is washed out.

If you replace the speakers with a decent brand (JL Audio for example), they will sound much richer and have better clarity and volume.

BraXta
30-09-2008, 06:12 PM
i got the same setup as your wanting george but i didnt keep original speakers... i know some cars it can be a saving and well worth it but i didnt see much potential in the standard speakers...

i got a Rockford fosgate Punch setup in mine... and it sounds great ... i got 2 amps running one for Speakers and other for sub and im still running it off the standard head deck too... if you wanna know more just pm me and ill send some pics and stuff if you need to know =-D

George euro
30-09-2008, 06:22 PM
i might consider changing my speakers too then thats the set up im getting two amplifiers one of them is rockford fosgate and two twelve inch rockford fosgate subs
i got the same setup as your wanting george but i didnt keep original speakers... i know some cars it can be a saving and well worth it but i didnt see much potential in the standard speakers...

i got a Rockford fosgate Punch setup in mine... and it sounds great ... i got 2 amps running one for Speakers and other for sub and im still running it off the standard head deck too... if you wanna know more just pm me and ill send some pics and stuff if you need to know =-D

felixd
30-09-2008, 07:36 PM
euro already have the good bass at the back just change the front splits + amp you should be good :) / u can use one 12 inch installed neatly and remove the rear speakers :D

George euro
30-09-2008, 08:04 PM
euro already have the good bass at the back just change the front splits + amp you should be good :) / u can use one 12 inch installed neatly and remove the rear speakers :D

lol u seriose that would be good but then u loose some speakers ayee

felixd
30-09-2008, 08:19 PM
yeah if u have the rear speakers + subs you ll have more bass than SQ :D if u know wad i mean but if u like bass then dont remove the rear speakers :) should be good

johnprocter
30-09-2008, 08:26 PM
yeah i wouldnt bother buying new rear speakers if you are going to be running two RFS subs but get some nice front splits !!

WIL70S
30-09-2008, 09:19 PM
ive got rockford setup too. changed the splits, tweeters, 6x9s and also 12" p2 sub running off the one amp. its sounds crazyyyy.
add another amp and sub in there the car will blow! haha

George euro
30-09-2008, 10:09 PM
ive got rockford setup too. changed the splits, tweeters, 6x9s and also 12" p2 sub running off the one amp. its sounds crazyyyy.
add another amp and sub in there the car will blow! haha

lol for sure all in good time my system will be complete :) $$$$$$$ lol

EuroDude
30-09-2008, 10:14 PM
well I like decent volume from the rear to fill the sound stage. If thats what you want, then you should get decent speakers cuz the stock ones simply dont sound good at decent volume.

George euro
30-09-2008, 10:19 PM
well I like decent volume from the rear to fill the sound stage. If thats what you want, then you should get decent speakers cuz the stock ones simply dont sound good at decent volume.

i agree with u u cant go wrong with aftermarket speakers, im jst trying to sav up a bit more to do the complate set up :):)

iizzii
01-10-2008, 09:14 AM
This is what i did,
Changed the 6x9's to a pioneer champion series 6x9 3-way,
I run a kenwood 1000w 4-channel amp for the 6's and the 6x9's.
The splits are run through my head deck.
Ive also got a Kenwood Champion Series 10' Sub, running through a 1000w Kenwood Monoblock...
so far i havent heard any cracking or crumbling and it sounds very nice!

In total cost me about $800 to do this myself (got some mates who have done their systems so I didnt get charged for installation) but im guessing with installation and everything would have maybe cost close to $1000-1200

SteveH
01-10-2008, 11:08 AM
I would replace the speakers rather than trying to put an amp on the originals. Put some quality speakers in and you will be suprised with the difference. Then when you have the money, hook an amp up to them. I had Focal splits, Rockford Fosgate sub and an Orion amp in my old Mazda 6 and I was really happy with the sound.

Some audio shops will have a range of speakers all running off the same source, so you can hear the difference between them all.

Bigpauly2788
01-10-2008, 12:42 PM
If i was to put a system in my car i would go with rockford fosgate amp & kicker subs. but im not into pumping music so that my car shakes lol.

George euro
01-10-2008, 07:45 PM
If i was to put a system in my car i would go with rockford fosgate amp & kicker subs. but im not into pumping music so that my car shakes lol.

heheh im going all rockford fosgate it will crank hopfully but it wont rattle ill make sure everything is sealed i hatre wen cars r crancking n it is rattling all over lol stupid

Euro08Jaz
01-10-2008, 07:56 PM
fosgate have incredible subs much better sounding than focal subs, zr splits are awesome but a little pricey.

TRaNz
01-10-2008, 08:02 PM
meh i got like a quarter of a system....LOL, yeah i brought it at a bad time....had to side 4k for the wheels....LMFAO.
onli got MB Quart splits, RF 12" Sub running all running off a RF 4 Chan Amp. I know its weak and bad, but like i said, i brought them at a bad time bcoz i had to side 4k away for wheels. Im still using stock HU too. its not too bad, just a tad of static at low volume.
Oh and when turned up loud....from the outside the boot rattle is fkin annoying. LOL

BraXta
01-10-2008, 10:14 PM
i was happy with my RF's they are good speakers they are nicely balanced i think i heard a few others that seemed too high pitched...
=P

damienm
01-10-2008, 10:19 PM
hey braxta are u running those from your stock deck or an aftermarket?

BraXta
02-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Mine are run from the stock deck

with alpine line out converters in the stereo Speaker output

EUR003act
04-10-2008, 07:38 PM
all im going to say is i had twin 12" apline type R subs running off two 800WRMS mono block amps and holy sh*t talk about overkill...

i only use one sub 99% of the time... will prob be redoing my install soon with a single 10" and smaller inclossure for weight reasons... :thumbsup:

cutchorama
04-10-2008, 10:16 PM
I am currently running 2x alpine type Rs 12", 2x hertz splits and 2x 6x9 focal coaxils, powered by an infill G4 with 24bit audio, tis great

Bigpauly2788
30-10-2008, 07:51 AM
ive been quoted for either a Focal or Rockford setup both ending at around $3000.

George euro
30-10-2008, 06:02 PM
ive been quoted for either a Focal or Rockford setup both ending at around $3000.

i know some1 who is really close to me offered me a rockford system, two amps, two 6 by 9 rockford speakers 4 rockford splits, two 12 inch p2 subs installed wired up and all 2000g but im still thinking weather i shall do it or not

shakkas
30-10-2008, 07:23 PM
im so excited! just got my quote for my new system and goin ahead with it!

looking at:
- 6'' MB Quart Reference Splits
- 6'' MB Quart Discus Rears
- Rockford Fosgate 360.1
- Rockford Power 4 channel amp and Rockford Mono amp
- Rockford P3 Slimline Sub
- Dynamat front doors

Cost me an arm and a leg though. Good ol interest free finance =P Post some pics when its all installed

George euro
30-10-2008, 08:44 PM

looking at:
- 6'' MB Quart Reference Splits
- 6'' MB Quart Discus Rears
- Rockford Fosgate 360.1
- Rockford Power 4 channel amp and Rockford Mono amp
- Rockford P3 Slimline Sub
- Dynamat front doors

Cost me an arm and a leg though. Good ol interest free finance =P Post some pics when its all installed

hehe interest free finance ayee heheh im doing finance at uni, :p their is a bit of a catch hehe do u mind saying the price or u would rather keep it to urself?

shakkas
30-10-2008, 09:00 PM
haha theres always a catch, the catch is that if i dont pay after the one yr i get slapped with a 30% interest rate,

but ill be starting my full time job then so i pay it asap

how much u reckon i payed for all that gear?

adhunt99
30-10-2008, 10:04 PM
hey guys sorry to hijack the thread - I have these speakers in my old car, wondering if you think they're decent enough to put in my new euro in the front?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Alpine-SPS-171A-6-5-Inch-2-Way-Component-Splits-Speaker_W0QQitemZ370101806392QQcmdZViewItem?hash=i tem370101806392&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A1|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ebayphotohosting

shakkas
30-10-2008, 10:10 PM
hey guys sorry to hijack the thread - I have these speakers in my old car, wondering if you think they're decent enough to put in my new euro in the front?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Alpine-SPS-171A-6-5-Inch-2-Way-Component-Splits-Speaker_W0QQitemZ370101806392QQcmdZViewItem?hash=i tem370101806392&_trkparms=39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A1|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ebayphotohosting

my advice is that dont go by brand, you actually have to listen to them in person and see if they are to your liking.

everyone has different preferences like more bass or vocal, so the best thing is to find a dealer that has alpine speakers and have a good listen

SPQR
30-10-2008, 10:39 PM

hehe interest free finance ayee heheh im doing finance at uni, :p their is a bit of a catch hehe do u mind saying the price or u would rather keep it to urself?

Don't do it. It's a trap. Especially if you are just starting a new job in the current economic meltdown. Besides, you'll end up like me: Deaf from too much music. It's no fun not being able to hear properly. It's socially debilitating when your friends think you're stupid for not conversing with them because you can't hear them properly. You lose friends.

Bigpauly2788
30-10-2008, 10:47 PM
George man all rockford stuff is going up in price because of the value of our dollar now as you probably know, i dunno im just gonna save some cash, i prefer buying things out right i hate being tied down to a contract.

shakkas
31-10-2008, 08:53 AM
George man all rockford stuff is going up in price because of the value of our dollar now as you probably know, i dunno im just gonna save some cash, i prefer buying things out right i hate being tied down to a contract.

i hate how people are thinkin all gloom and doom witht he dollar and economy, i personally find it all bs

the people were talkin to me how they new stock would be priced more expensive cause of the dollar and im like i dont care, give me a good deal or i will go somewhere else.

thats business these days, if you have the money, most of the time you can get a good deal if you know how to negotiate.

but yea this sound system isnt a doof doof system. my holligan days are over, i just want some sharp and clear and fills all the ranges

SteveH
31-10-2008, 09:54 AM
I think the whole exchange rate excuse for charging higher prices are BS. Chances are that the goods were brought into the country and paid for before the dollar nose dived, so they should still be at the same price. Also, a lot of campanies lock their exchange rates in months in advance, so there really should be no affect.

TRaNz
31-10-2008, 10:13 AM

Yeah that'd be right, was at GL Pro the other day and he told me from Nov. 1st the RF prices are going up bout 20%......i was like.....omgwtf.....

George euro
31-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Don't do it. It's a trap. Especially if you are just starting a new job in the current economic meltdown. Besides, you'll end up like me: Deaf from too much music. It's no fun not being able to hear properly. It's socially debilitating when your friends think you're stupid for not conversing with them because you can't hear them properly. You lose friends.

lmaooo funny guyy

George euro
31-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Yeah that'd be right, was at GL Pro the other day and he told me from Nov. 1st the RF prices are going up bout 20%......i was like.....omgwtf.....

it is actually right about prices going up guys its not bullshit, ill give u a little example my sister is looking for an engagement ring it was 13000 when the dollar was 96 now her quote is 19000 loll its tru guys, not demand for the AU stuffs everything up

crunkman99
31-10-2008, 11:44 AM
george, i seen ur whip rollin on 20s in the other thread and its off the hook man, i wish i put bigger rims on my euro, but the pigz in adelaide defect me and pick on me a lot with only 18s, its mad bs.

by the way, if ur replacing ur stereo, get four 6 inch 3 or 4 ways, casue in most euros the back door speakers are empty. If you are gettin a lot of speakers or even a high powered amp, get a different head unit, trust me it makes all the difference wen u can tune all ur speakers differently.

i got a 3200 watt hifonics 15 inch sub in the boot and it thumps, if you get sum loud subs, you will need to at least place sum carpet underneath were the factory 6x9s sit in the boot. becasue that metal facing rattles soo much, and if you dont have dynamat, open the back seats right out wen u want to crank it becsaue u dont get any rattle, beascue the air from the subs are escaping through the seats, rather than thropugh the rubber sealings of the steel boot.

i knows it s fair long post ey, but can you give me sum details about the lowering and priceing of ur euro??

cheers

George euro
31-10-2008, 12:05 PM
i knows it s fair long post ey, but can you give me sum details about the lowering and priceing of ur euro??

cheers

heheh its cool man, thanks for the comment by the way, touch wood i been pulled over 6 times now literally in 3 months and only warned of a defect but not been defected, hopfully i stay lucky, in regards to suspension and wheel,, the rims cost me 2g, and suspension is k sport coilovers , if u dont have coilovers already i highly recommend them because u can lower the car yet keep almost the same ride, my car looks like it rids like crap but infact its still smooth because of the design of the coilovers u can lower the car without loosiong shock travel, that set me back 1900 fitted with guards rolled so i was pretty happy with that

crunkman99
31-10-2008, 12:24 PM
yer i got all stock suspension atm, but i dont really want to spend over 1000 on lowering it, i can lower it all my self with a mate casue he has a work shop, but im thinking what is the best way to lower it, because my rims at the front, stick out of the body of the car, so if it is lowered, i wont be able to turn properly

so i was thinkin of tyrin to get sum new shocks with bags just for the rear so i can dump its oon its ass hahah.

by the way if u put a fat sub n amp in the boot, it loweres the car a bit as well, csaue mine is over all 50 kilos and the back sits lower at the moment lol.

do u want me to post a pic of my amature set up in the boot?

George euro
31-10-2008, 12:27 PM
yer i got all stock suspension atm, but i dont really want to spend over 1000 on lowering it, i can lower it all my self with a mate casue he has a work shop, but im thinking what is the best way to lower it, because my rims at the front, stick out of the body of the car, so if it is lowered, i wont be able to turn properly

so i was thinkin of tyrin to get sum new shocks with bags just for the rear so i can dump its oon its ass hahah.

by the way if u put a fat sub n amp in the boot, it loweres the car a bit as well, csaue mine is over all 50 kilos and the back sits lower at the moment lol.

do u want me to post a pic of my amature set up in the boot?

hehe yeah show me ur set up i dont think my car can go any lower lol, its so low now and because its soft wen i have people in the back its even lower, it gets annoying at times tho like yesterday i bottomed out that hard i thougth i was gonna get stuk it was those stupid concrete speed hump their is not many of them its those high ones that are a bit longer the the small ones at maccas and so on they kill me

crunkman99
31-10-2008, 12:50 PM
here are a few pics, im not really sure how to put them in the text, so i will add attatchemetns,

the first pic is of my single din head unit, soon to be double din in 2 weeks

next few are just shots of my car, looks preety clean

next 2 are of the boot, just shwoing how big my sub is

plugged boot holes (waiting to be filled in )

then the last are of the rims, casue my wheel well is soo big they look tiny, even wen there 18s. lol

took me ages to upload, used a 9 mega pixel camer lol
wait ffs i need to resise them hold on like 5 mins

crunkman99
31-10-2008, 01:02 PM
finally here are a few

George euro
31-10-2008, 02:59 PM
lol dammmm that is 1 big sub what size is that mannn

crunkman99
31-10-2008, 03:35 PM
15 inch hifonics xxv OLM1615 3200 watt, hahah. its verrryyy loud. my eyeballs shake at sum frequencys, the pigz try to defect me for it being too loud, i got a sub level control i got hidden, so i turn it all the way down wen they try n see the dbs, then they tried to defect me for it not being secrured, buts its velcroed down. the amp is the hifonics 1600 rms one. not sure the specs atm. im waiting for the type r mugn replica grill. what else do u think i should do??

apart from dumping the rear on its ass

George euro
31-10-2008, 03:52 PM
15 inch hifonics xxv OLM1615 3200 watt, hahah. its verrryyy loud. my eyeballs shake at sum frequencys, the pigz try to defect me for it being too loud, i got a sub level control i got hidden, so i turn it all the way down wen they try n see the dbs, then they tried to defect me for it not being secrured, buts its velcroed down. the amp is the hifonics 1600 rms one. not sure the specs atm. im waiting for the type r mugn replica grill. what else do u think i should do??

apart from dumping the rear on its ass

wow sounds like the cops are really up your ass their man lol

johnprocter
31-10-2008, 04:59 PM
that is one fat ass sub :O

shakkas
31-10-2008, 06:22 PM
thats 1 crazy sub! do u have any caps for it cause prob drain the batt like crazy,

last car whenever i cranked it all my lights would dim. but it was corolla with some small hello kitty battery made in like uzbekistan or some bs

crunkman99
31-10-2008, 08:08 PM
yer it dims a lot wen i crank it hard, im looking for a hifonics capacitor but until then i wont buy 1, lol. my batterey is decent, its pretty big and i got 4 gauge wiring. Ive been reading a bit, and i dont think you can actually stop the dimming, so i dno.

adhunt99
31-10-2008, 09:33 PM
by the way, if ur replacing ur stereo, get four 6 inch 3 or 4 ways, casue in most euros the back door speakers are empty.
cheers

Really???

adhunt99
31-10-2008, 09:34 PM
thats 1 crazy sub! do u have any caps for it cause prob drain the batt like crazy,

last car whenever i cranked it all my lights would dim. but it was corolla with some small hello kitty battery made in like uzbekistan or some bs

lol yeah in my old car with a super heavy duty battery the 2 12" subs running at 200W RMS would dim my headlights with the beat it was funny :wave:

SPQR
31-10-2008, 09:57 PM
.....you'll end up like me: Deaf from too much music. It's no fun not being able to hear properly. It's socially debilitating when your friends think you're stupid for not conversing with them because you can't hear them properly. You lose friends.

lmaooo funny guyy

Did you say something?

George euro
31-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Did you say something?

lol in thiis situation i dont feel sorry for u ! u can still read lol :p

crunkman99
01-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Did you say something?

dude are u bein seriious about loosing ur hearing?

im 17 and my ears sumtimes ring wen i get to skool and sumtimes i get a head ahce

George euro
01-11-2008, 02:22 PM

im 17 and my ears sumtimes ring wen i get to skool and sumtimes i get a head ahce

lol it very well could be man my hearing is f#*ed my my last car thats y im not keen on crankin music much anymore

shakkas
01-11-2008, 05:59 PM
rofl 17 and your ears are ringing!
gees i thought i was gettin old after hearing ringing only after raves and festivals

crunkman99
02-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Really???

yer, just cheack for yours next time, i dont know why though but there empty

SPQR
02-11-2008, 10:44 PM

Deadly serious. Loud noise, especially bass, has a cumulative effect on hearing loss. In other words, you don't regain your hearing once it's gone. Too many nightclubs in my youth means that I have a permanent hearing loss. I'm completely deaf in one ear and the other hasn't got much. Go a day with ear plugs in your ears and see how people shun you if you can't hear them properly.

tony1234
03-11-2008, 06:42 AM
Deadly serious. Loud noise, especially bass, has a cumulative effect on hearing loss. In other words, you don't regain your hearing once it's gone. Too many nightclubs in my youth means that I have a permanent hearing loss. I'm completely deaf in one ear and the other hasn't got much. Go a day with ear plugs in your ears and see how people shun you if you can't hear them properly.
Really!Was your hearing loss just from going to nightclubs?

SPQR
03-11-2008, 09:25 PM
^^^ Loud car stereos did not help.

A good webpage worth reading: http://www.betterhearingsydney.org.au/content/view/46/53/

crunkman99
03-11-2008, 09:31 PM
holy sh*t dude, ive been shooting shot guns and other big rifles since i was 13, i was shootin in a shed once with a 243 and my ears rang for 3 days, i think i am fked

shakkas
05-11-2008, 09:28 PM
picked up all my gear! like an early xmas present sitting in my room

gotta wait 2 weeks till install feel like im 8 yts old again

shakkas
06-11-2008, 10:07 AM
i was bored at home and saw all the boxes so i decided to take some pics
(this is my first time linking photos on a forum, so hopefully all works)

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp217/shakkas/06112008412.jpg

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp217/shakkas/06112008413.jpg

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp217/shakkas/06112008414.jpg

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp217/shakkas/06112008415.jpg

TRaNz
06-11-2008, 10:10 AM
i am fukin jealous as hell. do not like you......LOL
congratz mate, very envious of you, eps. the 360 you got. please let us know how it sounds once its installed.

shakkas
06-11-2008, 10:15 AM
lol no need to be jealous =P

yea def will give update when installed, i didnt want to take the sub and speakers out, too much of a hassle, but the sub and splits are so hot (i wouldnt even say slighty arosed =) )

George euro
06-11-2008, 05:55 PM
lol no need to be jealous =P

yea def will give update when installed, i didnt want to take the sub and speakers out, too much of a hassle, but the sub and splits are so hot (i wouldnt even say slighty arosed =) )

heheh go hard man X MAS is around the corner give me ur postal address ill be nice and send u some hearing aids i like to help the disabled

shakkas
06-11-2008, 07:48 PM
ooo a present!!! you shouldnt have.

come to my work and ill make u a coffee and u can look around the showroom

George euro
06-11-2008, 08:27 PM
ooo a present!!! you shouldnt have.

come to my work and ill make u a coffee and u can look around the showroom

were do u work bro? whats ur job?

shakkas
06-11-2008, 08:42 PM
work at bmw showroom on the weekends.

make coffee for ppl but more like watching foxtel most of the time cause its pretty dead atm

George euro
07-11-2008, 04:25 PM
work at bmw showroom on the weekends.

make coffee for ppl but more like watching foxtel most of the time cause its pretty dead atm

lol sounds like u work hard, i like that i want a part time job their :)

shakkas
03-12-2008, 06:59 PM
given sound system a week to break in, sounds good

here are some quick pics

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp217/shakkas/03122008430.jpg

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp217/shakkas/03122008431.jpg

TRaNz
03-12-2008, 07:11 PM
crank it to like 25-30, how does the boot rattle sound?
Mine sounds like ass. DUnno why, theres other CL9 owners that have no sound deadening wat so ever, but they dont get the fail rattles that i get....its like a higher sounded rattle.....ghey spec.

ndeuro_
04-12-2008, 08:26 AM
uh buddy why dont u just a double din pioneer headunit. i bought one brand new from this guy on ebay. he lives in sunshine but yeah anyways.

good thing about this head unit is that u can fine tune it right down to the hertz, so itll eliminate any crackling, screaching and distorted noise. theres also a tuning option for ur sub and if u have ur sub reversed theres a setting for that too. also has usb/ipod and auxiliary plug. and if u have ipod or usb pluged in theres a volumn booster for that, so itll be able to boost it up by 40% without affecting your sound quality.

my setup cost me all up 500 allup with diy installation.
350 for HU
50 for 10inch sub
50 for amp
50 for new wiring kit.
and dont jump to conclusion yet cause it does sound good. some people on here can vouche for me ie JunYu, Felixd and Longers =P

JN7
05-12-2008, 02:44 AM
uh buddy why dont u just a double din pioneer headunit. i bought one brand new from this guy on ebay. he lives in sunshine but yeah anyways.

good thing about this head unit is that u can fine tune it right down to the hertz, so itll eliminate any crackling, screaching and distorted noise. theres also a tuning option for ur sub and if u have ur sub reversed theres a setting for that too. also has usb/ipod and auxiliary plug. and if u have ipod or usb pluged in theres a volumn booster for that, so itll be able to boost it up by 40% without affecting your sound quality.

my setup cost me all up 500 allup with diy installation.
350 for HU
50 for 10inch sub
50 for amp
50 for new wiring kit.
and dont jump to conclusion yet cause it does sound good. some people on here can vouche for me ie JunYu, Felixd and Longers =P

And me! :D

shakkas
05-12-2008, 08:42 AM
ive cranked mine up and mine is pretty solid. no rattle and the speakers dont distort. I remember in my last car the license plate used to rattle like it was an earthquake, so i got double sided tape and taped it down

have to go back in a week or so to get the 360 retuned as the speakers have now broken in. sorta regret gettin rear speakers as i cant really hear them over the sub. maybe he can recalibrate them?

crunkman99
05-12-2008, 09:45 AM
crank it to like 25-30, how does the boot rattle sound?
Mine sounds like ass. DUnno why, theres other CL9 owners that have no sound deadening wat so ever, but they dont get the fail rattles that i get....its like a higher sounded rattle.....ghey spec.

i get sound rattling with some songs, it depends wat frequency you tune your sub to ect, and i have a prety power full sub

kuyar11
01-10-2009, 12:25 AM
hey guys,I own a 06 CL9 Sat nav. I want to know is it possible to connect an amp to the head unit and run a sub via the amp? I'm not too keen on changing the fascia with double din systems.
thanks

tony1234
01-10-2009, 07:09 AM
hey guys,I own a 06 CL9 Sat nav. I want to know is it possible to connect an amp to the head unit and run a sub via the amp? I'm not too keen on changing the fascia with double din systems.
thanks
You can.I have.You'll need LOCs.(line out converters)

kuyar11
01-10-2009, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE=tony1234;You can.I have.You'll need LOCs.(line out converters)

Thanks Tony1234
Can the LOCs be purchased from any car audio store?

tony1234
01-10-2009, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE=tony1234;You can.I have.You'll need LOCs.(line out converters)

Thanks Tony1234
Can the LOCs be purchased from any car audio store?
I would say so.As long as you go to a decent car audio installer.I got mine supplied with the install so not sure.