PDA

View Full Version : coilover height adjustment

mohdmanutd
30-09-2008, 01:16 AM
hey guys dont know if this has been posted before but just need to enquire about it.....

just got some coilovers and i am familiar with the dampness adjustment but not very sure exactly how the height gets adjusted.....i know we have to turn the bottm thing to adjust the height but doesnt seem its right and dont want to risk anything with the suspension.....and how do i know all the car is on the same height?

thanks alot guys

trism
30-09-2008, 01:18 AM
what suspension?

normally you turn the lower spring perch to adjust the height

ToOLx
30-09-2008, 07:23 AM
One way to know they are all on the same height would be to count the thread's on each coilover to your lower perch adjuster.

Red_EG4
30-09-2008, 08:13 PM
checking height you can get a rough idea by eyeballing the distance between the bottom collar and the lower perch under the spring. then when you put the wheels back on and drop the car back onto the ground you measure from the center cap to the wheel arch.

Mr SpecRGT
30-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Does anyone have a photo on how this thing works...cheers.. :D

NSPYRE
01-10-2008, 12:48 AM
hey mate, what coil overs do you have? height adjustment method varies from each design.

mohdmanutd
03-10-2008, 08:56 AM
i picked up a set of d2 coilovers..................i havent installed them yet but going to put them on this saturday and want to make sure the height is even.......thanks guys

mr180sx
03-10-2008, 09:00 AM
i picked up a set of d2 coilovers..................i havent installed them yet but going to put them on this saturday and want to make sure the height is even.......thanks guys

d2's are base adjustable, so just preload the spring into place so it doesnt move and then use the base to adjust height.And use a ruler to see if their all the same height.Do not sit there and count the threads.heheh

mohdmanutd
03-10-2008, 09:39 PM
thank you very very much for that really helps appreciate it......will do that 2mrw

bennjamin
03-10-2008, 09:41 PM
ill wait for ya at my place then mohammed ? lol. GL dude hollar if ya need help