PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Duty clutch install on EK

tayl51601
30-09-2008, 08:28 AM
Does anyone have a DIY on installing a heavy duty clutch on a EK? Or anything if its all the same sort of procedure....

Im needing to change my clutch, its slipping way to much and i need to replace it before theres nothing left lol

teh_mechanic
30-09-2008, 11:17 AM
this diy shows how to get the gearbox off:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12789

then once its off its just the same as changing any clutch so search the internet and see what you find....as a basis:

-undo clutch pressure plate
-remove clutch friction disc
-remove flywheel if you are machining it (i recommend this to prevent clutch shudder from the new clutch) or if you want to change the rear main seal.
-test that the new clatch plate splines fit onto the input shaft splines of the gearbox to make sure its the right clutch
-replace spiggot bearing in flywheel centre if you have one
- put flywheel back on, do up bolts evenly in a criss cross pattern, u will prob need someone to hold the front crank pulley bolt so you can do the flywheel bolts up, or you can wedge a bar onto the teeth of the flywheel.
- replace throwout bearing on the clutch fork, lubricate it with a light smear of grease where it travels on the shaft and on the front where it will contact the pressure plate.
- put light smear of grease on the clutch fork pivot
- put clutch friction disc and pressure plate on and use aligning tool or your fingers to centre the clutch plate, do up the pressure plate bolts slowly in a criss cross pattern in 2 or so stages (if you just do up one bolt all the way while others are loose you could snap a finger on the diaghragm spring of the pressure plate).
- put gearbox back on

im done

tayl51601
30-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Sweet thanks!

Thats a really good write up on how to remover the gearbox, just got to get all those steps wrapped around my brain so i do everything right lol.

Cheers.