PDA

View Full Version : FN2 Ipod Help???

amato2
30-09-2008, 08:46 AM
I have an Ipod Touch that i have been using in my Honda for the last 3 months and i have setup the playlists aswell.. IE: Honda1, Honda2 Etc...

but now i have upgraded my ipod touch to the latest 2.1 software and the playlists dont work anymore... when i go through them it just comes up saying "CD Eject"... but the random playlist works!! go figure

this is driving my up the wall, anybody have the same sort of problem??

Ninjadust77
30-09-2008, 12:19 PM
mine does the same once in a while... i find that i have to unplug the ipod touch then re-connect it and it works fine after that... no need to wait, just unplug it then plug it back in, should work...

amato2
30-09-2008, 01:49 PM
yeah tried that... i dunno

my next step i might try is a hard reset of the ipod.... but yeah just really annoying me

LD_Mart
30-09-2008, 02:50 PM
mine does it...most annoying thing ever...
i just turn it back to the radio for a bit then once the ipod is normal again i just press the aux button and it works again

amato2
30-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Man its shitty!!! i sware!!! i never had a problem with it... now this is happening as soon as i upgrade it... well its sort of good to know im not the only one with a problem...

I will see how i go tonight after work... i hope it works again!!

moons
02-10-2008, 01:41 AM
Similar thing here: I connected my iPhone 3G and it seemed to work (only did a really quick plug in test) but after the 2.1 update it has never worked.

Wouldn't surprise me if Apple are systematically removing support for older docks. :-(

amato2
02-10-2008, 08:13 AM
yeah totally crapped me off!! mine doesnt work i have tried everything.... i might roll back to the previous version cause the Ipod sort of becomes usless in the car if you can go into each of the playlists...!!! AAARRRHRHH!!

I think it might have something to do with the Genisis Playlist, that might be confusing out docks on the car... i have tried googling hoew to delete it but havent found anything... have you??

moons
02-10-2008, 10:45 AM
I haven't got genius turned on - I'm talking about the iPhone though. Also, the iPhone won't play at all - playlists or no.

LD_Mart
02-10-2008, 10:54 AM
If you got the dension ice link instead of the honda one you can use the iphone.. and you can still use the phone at the same time...
Also with the dension you dont have to make honda playlists you can just use the ipod as normal..
Dension cost me $300 fully installed compared to
Hondas $550
It is the exact same thing...its stuiped the way honda can mark it up so much.

moons
02-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Mine was free - All accessories you buy at the time of purchase are free. The ridiculous prices they quote only apply if you purchase the accessory after the sale.

If I totalled up all the accessories I purchased as part of my deal, the drive away price of my car should've been close to $50k! Dealers can dream I suppose.

Anyway, I actually have a dedicated iPod classic for music playback duties which works fine, just wanted to try the iPhone and yeah. No dice.

amato2
02-10-2008, 11:35 AM
sounds like the go then.. use some older ipod in the car... but yeah my touch was perfect until this update happened!! so bummed!!!

moons
02-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Annoying, but yeah. Or maybe wait for another update. I know the iPhone beta firmware is out to developers so the final should come our way soon. And from what I can tell, iPhone and iPod touch updates seem to come together.

Of course, I just find having a 160GB iPod in the car handy (along with a dock/USB cable) - If I drop in at a friends place and I always have 100+ GB of storage space at the ready.

amato2
02-10-2008, 12:14 PM
yeah man thats ture... ill wait until they bring the next update out hopefully it fixes it.. if not i am gona roll it back to pre 2.1...

otherwise i might buy another ipod..

Moons are you a machead??

moons
02-10-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm typing on an iMac running Windows XP.. so technically no.

LOL.

amato2
02-10-2008, 02:16 PM
HEHE yeha you just sounded like a machead... hehe i love them!!

Got a macbook, iMac and the Ipod touch.... i want to get an iPhone waiting for work to pay for it though :P hehe!!

ive been trying to google.. this problem and its not really know... except i have this feeling that it is from the genisis playlist cause the well would be the only logical different between this version and the old one as far as playlists go

moons
02-10-2008, 03:10 PM
I got my iPhone prepaid from Optus.. Best $850 I ever spent. It's awesome.

amato2
02-10-2008, 03:20 PM
yeah apple products i think are just well thought out peices of technology... i cant wait till the new Apple touch book comes out... there has been specualtion about it for some time no official word but it been floating around the net... apparently it will be like a massive iPhone... that work as like a tablet PC.. with a virual keyboard like the iPhone..

LD_Mart
02-10-2008, 06:41 PM
i know this going off topic but im a mac lover...
1st gen ipod owner 2nd gen & now ipod touch owner.
Black Macbook
Macbook pro owner now
And got my iphone last week..

But yeh the question i wanna know is do any of you know any free photo resizing programs i got one which is real good but you can only do one photo at a time.
i need something that does a batch of photos..
Thanks

moons
02-10-2008, 06:50 PM
I use JPEGCrops (http://ekot.dk/programmer/JPEGCrops/) to do this (and crop) my photos. But you'll have to get bootcamp running first. :-)