PDA

View Full Version : Having delimmas picking a car

MWAKU
30-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Ok if you know my story my parents are buying my car, and they are forking out cash, and i am forking out cash. But since they are paying for a majority, they will only buy my automatic, since my red Ps are auto. I could get a manual, but that would be like March next year, which isn't that long, but i don't want to wait. The budget is 10k.

I am planning to sell the car in a few years to get myself a DC2R. So basically i don't really care if the car is auto or manual anymore, its just my daily. And it has to be 1998+

1996 Silver EJ8 55,000Kms w/ log books - 9200$ (its under 98 so its kind of a :| with my dad)

Or get an Integra, or a tiptronic prelude. Can't decide, i'd rather get an Integra or a Prelude, respectively.

Prelude i haven't ever really thought about until now, its tiptronic, VTiR.. trying to pick one up for around 9-10k.

I have one Integra in my eyes, been about for a month now, i tried to organize an inspection, but it always got canceled, either i was or he was busy. Now his taken the car off for a bit, until his ready 2 sell again. I want it, but how long is a few weeks. The Integra is obviously GSi.

The Prelude, wells i can live with it, though i want someone to take me for a spin see how it feels lol. If i can, trying to pick up a VTiR for around 10k, or probably just end up with a Si.

The EJ8 VTi, i don't know, at first i really wanted it, now i am having second thoughts, though it would be the best on fuel i guess, and parking. But then again, i don't know. Preludes stretches my budget a bit, but i think about be a better car. And integra fits snuggly with everything, just nothings for sale thats worth it, only one is the one I've got my eye on, but his not selling atm.

I think i am a bigger fan for the Integra, and the prelude.. but ughhh, i don't know how to split the cake. Zzzz such a long post :S

MWAKU
30-09-2008, 10:51 PM

I heart the SSS
30-09-2008, 10:55 PM
you shouldn't get people to pick a car for you, it's not like the colour of your brakes or a front lip choice.

Pick what you want. As i've said before. go the integra, get the feel for the car and chassis.

So when you pickup your DC2R, you know what to look out for, and what to expect

Previous experience helps.

Kath
30-09-2008, 11:27 PM
why dont u make a list of pros and cons for each car and go from there

I heart the SSS
30-09-2008, 11:29 PM
I think this is his 544,345rd thread baby, about the same topic.

I guess everyone knows them now 'cos of the amount of threads made, lol

Alpine
01-10-2008, 07:42 AM
I am planning to sell the car in a few years to get myself a DC2R.

Your answer is right under your nose. If you're selling the car in a few years anyway then just get the cheapest option - the ej8. Why are you even considering spending abit over budget for a Prelude or Integra now?? Save it up for the DC2R.

tRipitaka
01-10-2008, 08:11 AM
do you even have to get a car ?
can you just drive your parents car or get a $2000 car and drive that around for a few years..

money that goes into cars, rarely ever comes back

NightKids
01-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Just get a $2000-$3000 bike. All that money you save plus petrol should allow you to get an NSX-R in a few yrs time!

http://www.ssip.net/upload/honda-nsx-r-side-2_70.jpg

I heart the SSS
01-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Just get a $2000-$3000 bike. All that money you save plus petrol should allow you to get an NSX-R in a few yrs time!

http://www.ssip.net/upload/honda-nsx-r-side-2_70.jpg

http://www.aplieuropa.com/Programas/winrar.jpg

trism
01-10-2008, 04:17 PM
hahaha

then use all that money you saved to pay for the fuel :P

imo, why not use the car you have, save like a whorebag till next year, and buy a dc2r instead of buying something in between, wanting to mod it etc, and wasting money

all youre gonna do is waste money

putang
01-10-2008, 06:07 PM
wait and get a manual.
you will regret it if u dont wait.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
01-10-2008, 06:22 PM
why dont u make a list of pros and cons for each car and go from there

I think this is his 544,345rd thread baby, about the same topic.

I guess everyone knows them now 'cos of the amount of threads made, lol

awwwww LOL

(sorry i lol'd)

wait and get a manual.

..indeed

Micheal (i can call you that right? spulled right 2yo~?)

IF you need a car get something CHEAP and NASTY dont spend good $ on something your going to sell in a few years and lose your $ on

Seeing as you pretty much HAVE to have a auto id suggest getting some POS ED from ebay that needs some rego and a little TLC (auto ofcourse) and tada you have yourself a econobox that will last you forever and run on a sniff of petrol whilst (yes being shitty) it wont have cost you $$$$.$$

and yeah pretty much +1 Kath,Justin and Trism

p.s that post wasn't long at all...

dreamshifter
01-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Try and convince your parents to get you a manual car now so you can practice driving. If you get auto, you'll just get bored quick and lose out on plenty of manual driving experience from now and by the time you get a dc2r. The wait is well worth it imo.

Also if you've never driven manual before, make sure you get your first couple of lessons with a driving instructor so you can crunch their gears and burn their clutch instead of your new car.

chunky
01-10-2008, 06:48 PM
does it have to be hondrar?

sassy_fit_vtit
01-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Since your parents are forking out the money and ultimately they have to be happy with your choice why don't you take them along to inspect each car and then let then decide..

Only fair

simonnowis
01-10-2008, 07:06 PM
didnt you have an auto blue eg? i dont see why you should spend so much on a "temporary car", when you intend to sell as soon as you can get manual.
just get some cheap sh!tbox on wheels, like you said you'll sell and buy next year. so you can sell it and buy the ideal car you want when you can get manual

I heart the SSS
01-10-2008, 07:11 PM
^ LOL he had the perfect daily and sold it.

MWAKU
01-10-2008, 08:39 PM
didnt you have an auto blue eg? i dont see why you should spend so much on a "temporary car", when you intend to sell as soon as you can get manual.
just get some cheap sh!tbox on wheels, like you said you'll sell and buy next year. so you can sell it and buy the ideal car you want when you can get manual

sif that was the perfect daily..

i bought a 92 carby before. it was old. every few weeks something had to be replaced, something had to get fixed, and when it was done, and then dad just got pissed off and told me to sell it, so i did.

wait and get a manual.

and yeah, wells 2-3 years until my car (I'm not saving up until i get my greens - manuals), I'am saving enough until i have enough for a DC2R. i can't bear to drive parents car, waiting till they come home and then taking it out, i gotta go errands during the day when they aren't home so yeah.

Try and convince your parents to get you a manual car now so you can practice driving. If you get auto, you'll just get bored quick and lose out on plenty of manual driving experience from now and by the time you get a dc2r. The wait is well worth it imo.

Also if you've never driven manual before, make sure you get your first couple of lessons with a driving instructor so you can crunch their gears and burn their clutch instead of your new car.

i have tried to convince them, but dad is firm that it until i have greens, i have to get a automatic. yes i know everyone will tell me to wait, but the truth is i don't want to wait nemore, i've been carless for like 5months or so, and dammit, its really frustrating missing my buses/trains, getting to work late cause bus decides to drive slow. i know i should plan earlier, but **** it, a car would just make life for me more simpler.

yeah i tried to tell them, but they are like. how can you get around, since they are really paranoid about cops pulling me over.. i've gotten shit because i drove to my gfs house and left my wallet there and came home, and needed to drive back and get it -_-.

IF you need a car get something CHEAP and NASTY dont spend good $ on something your going to sell in a few years and lose your $ on

Seeing as you pretty much HAVE to have a auto id suggest getting some POS ED from ebay that needs some rego and a little TLC (auto ofcourse) and tada you have yourself a econobox that will last you forever and run on a sniff of petrol whilst (yes being shitty) it wont have cost you $$$$.$$

yes its Michael, the reason why it has to be 97+ is dad doesn't want 2 buy a car that is old, he never wanted me 2 buy an old car to start off with, and a convinced him too, and i bought a lemon, and proved him right. so no old cars or cheap cars.

i need a car, that can carry more then 1 person. i will be driving more then 1 person.

does it have to be hondrar?

no it doesn't have to be a honda, but i don't feel happy driving anything else thats in my price range.

Since your parents are forking out the money and ultimately they have to be happy with your choice why don't you take them along to inspect each car and then let then decide..

Only fair

my parents have been looking, they saw this really riced up EK, and wanted to take me 2 sell it, but i have a thing against buying cars from dealers (from my past experience), and they thought i liked the "rice" look. Sif. They are looking at this car on Sunday that i said was decent (i can't go weekends cause i have work, and they can't come weekdays cause they work)

simonnowis
01-10-2008, 11:28 PM
theres no reason why you cant find an old cheap reliable car without problems.
but if it has to be 98+ preferably a honda and $10 000 es,ek,prelude,teg,hrv,accord
really up to you and ur needs, i dont think anyone can really decide for you.

I heart the SSS
01-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Exactly, if you find a looked after car from the 80-90's, it'll outlast a shitty thrashed EK or EJ.

MWAKU
01-10-2008, 11:36 PM
but if i find a well looked after EK or EJ, it will be even better?

i have a hard enough time trying to convince my dad to buy a 96 model, no way on earth he is going <95

I heart the SSS
01-10-2008, 11:38 PM
not even better man, you can't compare the two.

And if that's the case dude, annoy that DC2 bloke.

finalazy
01-10-2008, 11:41 PM
resit your ps now in manual if you must. but then again you still wouldnt be getting the dc2r atm so its up to you.

MWAKU
01-10-2008, 11:50 PM
**** resetting, on my reds for like 1 year again, no way. :P

cant compare :\ zzz

i am, sent him fukloads of msgs alrdy and i get replies :P

I heart the SSS
01-10-2008, 11:54 PM
**** resetting, on my reds for like 1 year again, no way. :P

cant compare :\ zzz

i am, sent him fukloads of msgs alrdy and i get replies :P

what's he saying?

And you can't compare because there is a 5 to 10 year gap in the cars.

Sure one might not be a clean inside or bodywise, but mechanically you can find some really good old cars.

trism
02-10-2008, 12:49 AM
what man, do you think that if you resit the Ps test you gotta start again?

no you noob, it just allows you to drive a manual

if you have 3 days left, and you resit the test, it lets you drive manual for the last 3 days, not have to go a whole year

SHOGUNOVDDRK
02-10-2008, 12:51 AM
*palm faces for Trism*

I heart the SSS
02-10-2008, 12:51 AM
WTF don't green p platers drive manual regardless anyway?

GSi_PSi
02-10-2008, 01:01 AM
i first bought an auto because i didnt have the licence..i regretted it so hard....the car felt so laggy,was never happy with it.... I then got my manual red p's and bought an manual integra, and ive been happy with the car ever since..if i could start again i would of got manual from the start.

MWAKU
02-10-2008, 01:14 AM
oh haha :)

Nismo3oi
02-10-2008, 01:41 AM
IMO i think its best that u resit your the Ps test in manuals and get a manual car u can enjoy until u have enough for the Dc2r.

trism
02-10-2008, 01:42 AM
you go in and say

"i got my ps in a auto, i wanna go manual"

they should say sweet as

just make sure you do it all leet, and youre sweet as

wnxc3lta
02-10-2008, 02:32 AM
lol ermm considered civic vti-r EM1 ?

MWAKU
02-10-2008, 10:36 AM
yes, rather not. stock b18c7 > b16a.

any one know cheap instructor for manual in sydney?

Nismo3oi
02-10-2008, 01:53 PM
instructor is like $40 per hour? rather do the test and which is under $40, if u fail u get to find out what u did wrong and if u pass then congrats LOL

trism
02-10-2008, 02:43 PM
yeah why do you need an instructor?

just get a friend with a manual, and go drive around a carpark lol

i taught a bunch og my mates how to drive manuals lol

Kath
02-10-2008, 03:45 PM

It's funny how picky you are with the motor choice, yet you can't choose a car.

The cars automatic, a time being car, it's not like you're going to have it forever.

an extra 0.2 liters of displacement is going to do wonders -_-

simonnowis
02-10-2008, 04:11 PM
do your parents know that you intend to sell the car and buy a dc2r asap?
it seems they dont know, otherwise i dont see why they wont let you buy a cheaper older car yet reliable. so instead of actually spending the $10K now, spend $3-4K on a car and the rest can be saved to put towards your dc2r.

MWAKU
03-10-2008, 07:05 PM
they know. its cause the car i had before was a shit box, keep having to put money in and fixing it. so for them, buying a new better car for a few years will save me money down the track.

It's funny how picky you are with the motor choice, yet you can't choose a car.

The cars automatic, a time being car, it's not like you're going to have it forever.

an extra 0.2 liters of displacement is going to do wonders -_-

EM1 doesn't come in automatic. and i think he was talking about when i save for my DC2R, get an EM1 instead. so..

Kath
03-10-2008, 07:13 PM
I don't think he was, but lol don't worry about it.

Have you found a car yet?

An41
03-10-2008, 07:45 PM
just buy the EJ8,looks nice and fairly good. Save the left over money for something else, theres more to life than just showing everyone what car you have. Unless you have got the money

rayb3na_
03-10-2008, 07:46 PM

why would u need a b18 to begin with though? -_- seriously how many of these threads have u created.. i told you to wait first didnt i? look im your friend and all but like seriously its up to you and your parents.. you have to meet them halfway.. saying that you gotta expect that neither you or your parents will be completely happy about the car that you decide to buy.. but until u can afford to buy the car that you really want outright with your own cash i think you shouldnt complain.. i bought my car myself, had to borrow some moeny off my rents to fix it up etc.. and im paying it off. good luck and be patient..

TONTON
03-10-2008, 07:52 PM
lol why dont you work your ass off now till you get ur green p's and then get a DC2R?

im working my ass off to fund my $17000 project on a civic, im in the same boat as you.. i get my green's next april~ but the euro is basically mine.. coz im the only one that drives it so i guess thats my daily... but if i was you i would get the vti-r prelude.. just coz it has tiptronic and you wont get as bored as driving a fully auto car

An41
03-10-2008, 07:55 PM
why would u need a b18 to begin with though? -_- seriously how many of these threads have u created.. i told you to wait first didnt i? look im your friend and all but like seriously its up to you and your parents.. you have to meet them halfway.. saying that you gotta expect that neither you or your parents will be completely happy about the car that you decide to buy.. but until u can afford to buy the car that you really want outright with your own cash i think you shouldnt complain.. i bought my car myself, had to borrow some moeny off my rents to fix it up etc.. and im paying it off. good luck and be patient..
exactly
Your parents are still supporting you and are nice enough to partially pay for your car, be considerate and think about how hard they have to work just for you to purchase a car, let them save themselves some money.

I heart the SSS
03-10-2008, 08:07 PM
exactly
Your parents are still supporting you and are nice enough to partially pay for your car, be considerate and think about how hard they have to work just for you to purchase a car, let them save themselves some money.

amen. People are inconsiderate these days.

MWAKU
04-10-2008, 12:14 AM
they are the ones who want to pay more for the car, and i know theres more to life, but i just wanted an opinion for which car to buy..

from the EJ8, dad would rather spend 9000 on the blue integra, instead of 9000 on an EJ8. If we can get it from around 8k, then he won't mind the EJ8, though he has to go and inspect this weekend sometime, i am working so i cant come with.

and from last night, my dad wants to buy the integra, and even though i showed him a 1999 EK CXi 6,500$ he doesn't want it, he'd rather the integra so who says i am inconsiderate. they want to put more in, and i want a cheaper car, but they want to buy me a more expensive car around 8-10k mark. in eyes of my dad, the more you pay the more extras you will get, and its partially correct, so what do you want me 2 do.

EK CXi, no power windows, crappier interior compared to integra, drum brakes and all that. Integra has more, so dad prefers an Integra even if he has to pay more.

amen. People are inconsiderate these days.

i am being considerate. they told me to wait a bit, and i have waited, and now i'm showing them cars, and they are agreeing and which car to get for me. i am being considerate that they don't want me 2 drive a manual, so i am buying an auto.

my dad is dead straight on the integra, asks me if i like an integra, and i go , yes i would. its just i'm looking and not finding any real nice integras. and i've looked at non-honda aswell, and the only thing i've pushed for is that it be a honda, seeing how i don't like other cars in the 10k price range, until someone can show me something really nice that i will like.

lol why dont you work your ass off now till you get ur green p's and then get a DC2R?

im working my ass off to fund my $17000 project on a civic, im in the same boat as you.. i get my green's next april~ but the euro is basically mine.. coz im the only one that drives it so i guess thats my daily... but if i was you i would get the vti-r prelude.. just coz it has tiptronic and you wont get as bored as driving a fully auto car

yeah,i would, but i find myself spending a lot on other things and people. thanks for your opinion.

I don't think he was, but lol don't worry about it.

Have you found a car yet?

nope

ALSO whats a nice car thats non-honda under 10k, looks decent too. 97+

Kath
04-10-2008, 12:21 AM
to be honest with u.. it seems everyone is just getting shitty with u coz its going around in circles :S

MWAKU
04-10-2008, 12:55 AM
maybe, but i am just taking my time and can't seem to find time to inspect.. probably why it seems like that. though in my shoes, just going in a straight line, very slowly with a lot of time slowing things

I heart the SSS
04-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Then stop wasting time here, make time to inspect.

trism
04-10-2008, 01:08 AM
a non honda under 10k, 97+

look for a toyota levin.

the blacktop 20v is a monster of an engine...

I heart the SSS
04-10-2008, 01:14 AM
Insane car, even a 101 if you can find it.

Or get a automatic N15 sss.

rad cars.

/ n14 series two / J spec SSS in black

MWAKU
04-10-2008, 01:25 AM
automatic still please

pulsar isn't the go 4 me sorry

trism
04-10-2008, 01:33 AM
o yeah thats right

auto

bro, srsly, get your Ps in a manual............

MWAKU
04-10-2008, 01:50 AM
yeah i am trying to get mates..
cbf 2 pay for instructor, i've had a few lessons w/ mates and sisters ex bf.. just need to prac uphill launch.

just suggestions for auto neway :)

trism
04-10-2008, 01:52 AM
:) awesome

coz imo youll be mutch happier in a manual

see, i reckon, an auto, go for something tiptronic, so at least it feels like youre changine gears still lol

An41
04-10-2008, 06:40 AM
Dilemma solved, you and your dad both want the DC4 case closed

MWAKU
04-10-2008, 10:13 AM
yeah, i had the dilemma at start of week, but since dad said he wants me to get an integra, case closed :D

MWAKU
04-10-2008, 10:19 AM
how about a tiptronic 4 door r34 skyline? :D

trism
04-10-2008, 01:41 PM
WINNER

i mean, youll be paying around 16k

but they are hot hot hot

EGJOE
04-10-2008, 01:49 PM
Insane car, even a 101 if you can find it.

Or get a automatic N15 sss.

rad cars.

/ n14 series two / J spec SSS in black

Agreed,
I use to own a N15 SSS way back and it was the most versatile car I ever owned. Awsome daily,plenty of torque to get around :thumbsup:

MWAKU
04-10-2008, 05:45 PM
nah they are around 12k ive seen some

I heart the SSS
04-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Agreed,
I use to own a N15 SSS way back and it was the most versatile car I ever owned. Awsome daily,plenty of torque to get around :thumbsup:

Agreed.

And they look cool with JDM mods if one HAS to do it.

I loved my old SSS, if you dislike them you have no taste. N14/N15 either way, rad cars.

MWAKU
04-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Agreed.

And they look cool with JDM mods if one HAS to do it.

I loved my old SSS, if you dislike them you have no taste. N14/N15 either way, rad cars.

zzz i dislike them. and i know a lot of my mates who hate em too.. each to their own mate.

chunky
04-10-2008, 07:21 PM
SSS is gay

I heart the SSS
04-10-2008, 07:27 PM
zzz i dislike them. and i know a lot of my mates who hate em too.. each to their own mate.

Yeah that's true, i didn't mean it to be taken so seriouse-ly.

Relax man ;)

**** the R34, thats fail.

And there are no levins AT ALL?

SSS is gay

Your blog is gayer.

rbk_212
04-10-2008, 08:04 PM
triple SSS's are awesome and anyone that doesnt know how good an engine the sr20 is is a munter

and dude just get a car already, if you and your dad both like the dc4 then get that, it wont let you down and your getting rid of it soonish anyway

MWAKU
04-10-2008, 09:47 PM
yeah. well i gotta look for a good one, can't just buy anything lol, i'll end up getting jipped like last time :(

yeah i know, i dont underestimate the nuggets engine, but i don't like its appearance

levins no idea, go look, didn't see anything interesting.

i am relax and hows it fail :\ it just aint the best looking skyline out but still, i wouldn't mind, skyline 4 door tiptron > prelude tiptron ? didn't you used to have a blog 2 :S

any yeah, no rushing into buying a car this time, even though i want one asap. so yeah.

MWAKU
06-10-2008, 12:33 PM
hmms so whats wrong wif getting a prelude

only thing i can find something wrong is that they eat as much petrol as my family camry, and they are nearly the same size, and i wanted a car smaller then my family camry

but then again the integra aint too much smaller.. only things are hatchbacks.. but yeh... looking for a coupe i guess now.

NightKids
06-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Geez just get a car already! Or else just settle for one of these:-

http://www.teamkarim.com/bikes/used/images/032207-03.jpg

Damn look at those rims at the back!

MWAKU
06-10-2008, 12:47 PM
lmao stop rushing me

and where 2 buy one of those?? how much, 3 back wheeler crazy

MWAKU
06-10-2008, 12:49 PM
hms cyprus green EJ8 ? anyone have pics of one nicely done?

rayb3na_
06-10-2008, 01:06 PM
hms cyprus green EJ8 ? anyone have pics of one nicely done?

why would u modify something that you dont really want in the first place why dont u just buy it and wait till next year or whenever your gonna get your manuals or whenever your gonna buy that type r or whatever that you wanted?

MWAKU
06-10-2008, 01:40 PM
buy it: whats it, lol

im getting type R when i save for it in a few years and plans to boost it. but thats ages away.

trism
06-10-2008, 01:42 PM
why not get something nice now, like an EM1, then down the track, find a wrecking DC2R, or EK9. and drop it all into. 5stud/brakes, hot b series, suspension, all the bracing and shit

have a type R Civic Coupe

MWAKU
06-10-2008, 01:56 PM
i would if i dad would buy a manual

trism
06-10-2008, 02:02 PM
manual conversion?

MWAKU
06-10-2008, 02:02 PM
huh??

what you mean, manual conversion? i would be starting off with a automatic, so buying a car that only comes in manual is not the go

trism
06-10-2008, 02:22 PM
oh lol

:P

EM1s didnt come in auto?

i still think you should get your manual Ps

MWAKU
06-10-2008, 02:25 PM
nope, only coupes 99-00

are the EM1 b16a

and the EK coupe d16y7

ok no more dilemma, the EJ8 with 57,000KMs got sold.. apparently for 10k... when it was ad for 9.2 :S

I heart the SSS
06-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Get teh DC4!

MWAKU
06-10-2008, 03:09 PM
i am trying! look on carsales n shit, tell me when u can find a nice facelift one!

I heart the SSS
06-10-2008, 03:12 PM
If I see one, i'll let you know !

MWAKU
06-10-2008, 03:15 PM
cheers, though i check it every few hours cause i have nothing 2 do so yeh :P

I heart the SSS
06-10-2008, 03:18 PM
ahahah man I was the same...

It get's annoying when you see the same crappy swift with 500,000k and the ghey manual ford Falcon S pack.

MWAKU
06-10-2008, 03:26 PM
lol

neways guna go look at this black bb6 @ dealers

I heart the SSS
06-10-2008, 03:27 PM
BB6's can be cool..

What model?

MWAKU
06-10-2008, 04:16 PM
VTiR 2000 black

yeah i think the back bumper has been replaced, due to accident. can tell cause it doesn't line up straight and u can see that the plastic has been replaced when you look behind the tyre/wheel. and its got heaps of scratches

**** 12,999 =\.. but it was ad 11,999. lost **** didn't even know what he ad it for, i thought it was 12,500 when i was there, just checked it was 12k. and at the actual place it goes 15,999 fark.

I heart the SSS
06-10-2008, 04:18 PM
LOL interesting.

That's cheap, probably thrashed and a smashed car.

MWAKU
06-10-2008, 04:31 PM
maybe..

I heart the SSS
06-10-2008, 04:33 PM
hahah well you said it's been in a prang!

Take the rear plastics off, and take the covers to swap the bulbs off.

It's a few clips here and there. Get a torch, poke your head in.

If you know what you're looking at, you can tell if she's no good.

MWAKU
06-10-2008, 04:35 PM
yea no idea.. its just a rear, nothing wrong with the engine.. i know ppl who've bought rear ended cars, and have been fine tho.. i'll only be worried if the front was smashed

I heart the SSS
06-10-2008, 04:38 PM
once a cars smashed, it's never the same.

And they never go back the same either.

It maybe perfectly fine mechanically.

I wouldn't buy one. But i'm picky.

trism
06-10-2008, 09:15 PM
lol what are you on about

you had to ****ing replace the entire roof on yours due to cancer :P

perfect my arse :P

I heart the SSS
06-10-2008, 09:17 PM
I cut and welded out patches of rust matt.

I didn't use bog and weld a whole new rad support on.

Rust is different, you expect it on a Corolla.

I don't expect a front end off a CSI welded onto my SX though. That's what im getting at!

Keyword: restoration LOL

simonnowis
06-10-2008, 09:46 PM
wow this thread is still going on? imo i dont see why its so difficult to choose a car that you want as a daily til you get a dc2r. i would get a car that holds its value well as you definately intend to sell it later on.

MWAKU
06-10-2008, 10:31 PM
prelude is on my mind

i dont necessary have a dilemma anymore just talking about what 2 do now lol..