PDA

View Full Version : Moderating...

trism
30-09-2008, 05:38 PM
spamming is where people post shit that has nothing to do with anything....

now, the rules of the post a pic thread state "no spam"

beeza posted a pic of himself at Tsukuba Mountain. I reply saying "does it overlook the racetrack?"

perfectly on topic

and i get an infraction.

WHAT THE FCUK MAN? mods need to ease up on this *Wynode edit* shit moderating..

I heart the SSS
30-09-2008, 05:40 PM
you make a very valid point.

Not all of us know exactly what Tsukuba mountain looks like, and where it's positioned in comparison to the track.

I don't get why someone, let alone a mod would infract that?

dc2dc2dc2
30-09-2008, 05:55 PM
the previous pics of urself thread
was spammed
so this one
is strictly for pics
to eliminate spam full stop
if u wanna ask him
simply pm him
:)

MOD POWAH

SHOGUNOVDDRK
30-09-2008, 05:57 PM
did you post a pic of yourself while asking the question?

:edit:

Matt if you didn't Q (i assume it was Quentin) had every right to infract/delete your post (look at teh previous spam)

krogoth
30-09-2008, 06:07 PM
lol, pwnageee

shogun said it best

Q_ball
30-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Read the infraction closely... the category "spamming" is selected as thats the closest category to put such an offense in.

Infractions are dealt in that thread if people do not follow the rules of the thread,
Rule being
a) no spam
b) no comments - unless theres a pic of urself within ur reply.

This is enforced as the original post a pic of yourself thread was commented on, and spammed to the shit house.
So no more.
If you had looked through the thread at all the deleted posts, you wouldve received my warnings time and time again.

You either stick to these rules, or the thread goes.

VTi_b0i
30-09-2008, 06:52 PM
i like the mods, lol speaking of this tho, can someone find out why all of a suddon, i keep getting emails about threads etc when i never did before and i cant stop it LOL

wynode
30-09-2008, 07:36 PM
No need to bring race into this. I've edited out the racist comments.

i like the mods, lol speaking of this tho, can someone find out why all of a suddon, i keep getting emails about threads etc when i never did before and i cant stop it LOL

Post a new thread if you think there is a problem. Otherwise check your UserCP Options (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions) and check your options under Messaging & Notification

chunky
30-09-2008, 07:41 PM
yea that thread sucks now
ive taken heaps of luvo pics in advanced just incase i want to make a comment about something (Y)
easy solution

trism
30-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Fair, but I havnt been warned about posting in it. Maybe a pm saying "hey just a reminder that posting without a pic isn't allowed. The first time I've ever been in that thread was yesterday, to post a pic.

But whatever, the mods are normally pretty fair, I just thought of was a bit excessive without a warning.

:)

SHOGUNOVDDRK
30-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Fair, but I havnt been warned about posting in it. Maybe a pm saying "hey just a reminder that posting without a pic isn't allowed. The first time I've ever been in that thread was yesterday, to post a pic.

Will agree with this (though i can understand Quentin's Frustration)

beeza
30-09-2008, 09:00 PM
Read the infraction closely... the category "spamming" is selected as thats the closest category to put such an offense in.

Infractions are dealt in that thread if people do not follow the rules of the thread,
Rule being
a) no spam
b) no comments - unless theres a pic of urself within ur reply.

This is enforced as the original post a pic of yourself thread was commented on, and spammed to the shit house.
So no more.
If you had looked through the thread at all the deleted posts, you wouldve received my warnings time and time again.

You either stick to these rules, or the thread goes.

Maybe this needs to be repeatedly posted in the thread?

haha,kinda like Japan,there's always a recorded voice of a nice but annoying sounding Japanese chick when on trains and elevators all the time :)

trism
30-09-2008, 09:41 PM
The thing is though it doesn't say no comments. Just says no spamming. I can see where the comments rule comes from or you'd get people posting mass shit about why someone has long hair, or a bloke wearing a dress LOL.

But all I did was ask a question

Maybe you need to clarify the rules and edit the first post coz not everyone looks at it. I know I didn't until I got an infraction...

mrwillz
30-09-2008, 10:54 PM
i got infraction by panda crx for my pic i posted ( yes its a bit morphed)
Dear mrwillz,

You have received an infraction at Ozhonda Forums.

Reason: Spamming
-------
rofl pics of YOURSELF mitda weoz"

so in question
why wasnt another member infracted for doing the exact same thing i did?

just this pic in quesiton
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1879163&postcount=112

misteR_bilzz
30-09-2008, 11:22 PM
i got infracted for the same thing, pulled q ball up about it he didnt even reply. fair enough their were warnings on the same page but i didnt see them for whatever reason NOR did i get a first warning.

bennjamin
01-10-2008, 11:13 AM
some of these examples are overkill - IMO these should of gotten a soft delete yes but no infraction.

bennjamin
01-10-2008, 11:14 AM
...but i didnt see them for whatever reason NOR did i get a first warning.

problem is , an infraction IS a first warning to you. Dont take it too seriously its a heads up to rethink your posting habits and try to mature.

misteR_bilzz
01-10-2008, 11:22 AM
problem is , an infraction IS a first warning to you. Dont take it too seriously its a heads up to rethink your posting habits and try to mature.

im not fussed i know its not getting removed, im just asking why was it a first warning to me, individually. When others have gotten deleted posts and a reminder in their deletion message to follow the rules? btw. My posting 'habits' have nothing to do with my maturing thanks.

dc2dc2dc2
01-10-2008, 01:45 PM
i got infraction by panda crx for my pic i posted ( yes its a bit morphed)
Dear mrwillz,

You have received an infraction at Ozhonda Forums.

Reason: Spamming
-------
rofl pics of YOURSELF mitda weoz"

so in question

lol hater
thats me
thats why i didn't get infracted
hater

like i have been told a million times
it is up to the moderator to see if u will be infracted
even though it may be inconsistent with other mods
all depends on how the mod is feeling that day
if they wanna infract u because they believe u deserve it
then simply, u can't do shit

mrwillz
01-10-2008, 02:12 PM
im just using you as example dc2dc2dc2
wanna be white boy LOL

Kiki
01-10-2008, 02:40 PM
I think we should all get smacks on the bum bum instead:p

but seriously an infraction who cares you have to get plenty more infractions to be banned and im pretty sure there isnt a prize for the member who has been here longest without an infraction

Pretty straight forward the thread rules i thought when it was 1st made

panda[cRx]
01-10-2008, 04:48 PM
some of these examples are overkill - IMO these should of gotten a soft delete yes but no infraction.
in the case will posted up he was clearly spamming the pic thread which has already been deleted coz peeps spammed the shit out of it.
it was an infraction for spamming, which he can't deny he was doing.
i know will and i know he knows better hence the infraction

edit: same x2 for dc2dc3dc4

an infraction itself realistically doesn't affect anything, unless you continue to do things you shouldn't in which your infractions will add up and you'll receive an automatic ban like bludger

so in question

i didn't see that one, thanks for the heads up. that has now been fixed :)

dc2dc2dc2
01-10-2008, 07:00 PM
that is me :(
troi oi
protest

wynode
01-10-2008, 11:13 PM
The thing is though it doesn't say no comments. Just says no spamming. I can see where the comments rule comes from or you'd get people posting mass shit about why someone has long hair, or a bloke wearing a dress LOL.

But all I did was ask a question

Maybe you need to clarify the rules and edit the first post coz not everyone looks at it. I know I didn't until I got an infraction...

Please take the time to read the thread. Moderators aren't there to baby sit individual users.

i got infracted for the same thing, pulled q ball up about it he didnt even reply. fair enough their were warnings on the same page but i didnt see them for whatever reason NOR did i get a first warning.

LOL........if you didn't see the warning on the same page then you have nobody else to blame but yourself. We can't make it anymore obvious.

At the end of the day is is a single infraction.........not a ban so I don't see what the fuss is about. That said from what I can see it was justified.

If nobody has any other constructive input the thread will be closed.

misteR_bilzz
02-10-2008, 09:03 AM
for one maybe i hadnt refreshed to see those deletions! and second maybe the pictures posted were big enough to move the deletions out of view? you shouldnt assume i saw them, ignored them and posted.

just close the thread, obviously no one wants to discuss..

bennjamin
02-10-2008, 10:50 AM
misteR , you take responsibility of your posts and actions on this website. You are the only one to blame if you didnt see previous posts or warnings.

Word of advice , hang back and read abit of a thread before replying everyone !

dc2dc2dc2
02-10-2008, 01:41 PM
i got infracted by panda
outraged
that is really a pic of me
far out
moderation gone too far

Lukey
02-10-2008, 04:26 PM
seeing the amount of deleted posts it isnt that hard to see?

mrwillz
02-10-2008, 07:22 PM
l
like i have been told a million times
it is up to the moderator to see if u will be infracted
even though it may be inconsistent with other mods
all depends on how the mod is feeling that day
if they wanna infract u because they believe u deserve it
then simply, u can't do shit

i got infracted by panda
outraged
that is really a pic of me
far out
moderation gone too far

:wave:

MRGRIM
03-10-2008, 05:35 AM
On the subject of WARNINGS

wnode
Could you explain why i was warned not to type in blue and all I was told it is frowned apon on here ??
(( as Ive used blue in all forums and chat for yrs with out issue ))

Somthing I find so fasinating as, if its not allowed please link me to the ruling ??

In asking im not trying to be a smarty or have a go at the modd (you know who you are)
Just find it a bit strange that if a facility is there you can use it if not it should be disabled and or ruled apon..

Cheers

I'll shut up now gettin blue thinking about it lol

trism
03-10-2008, 12:17 PM
it is pretty anoying but

the bckground of the forum is blue and its hard to distinguish sometimes

bennjamin
03-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Its the same as typing in upper case

it looks like you are angry and annoying.

Sure , you can type like this but its internet forum etiquette to type all one and the same.

So do us all a favour and change your text colour to black like everyone else.

ironic ? You are offended by teh colour of my avatar but cant take it when alot of people dont like your font colour

dc2dc2dc2
03-10-2008, 01:46 PM
because you are communist

chunky
03-10-2008, 01:56 PM
hahahah

bennjamin - one bad mother f0cker
http://i36.tinypic.com/161z0hy.jpg

maybe he wants his posts to be noticed more hence the bleu' font

dc2dc2dc2
03-10-2008, 05:55 PM
dnt-spam chunky