PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Change average price?

iinjektd
30-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Whats an average price for a clutch change..
in my case a dc5r..

im getting it done for $350...

jimidy
30-09-2008, 09:57 PM
that sounds like a decent price that just labour or is that includding the clutch see it all depends on what clutch you are buying to wat it will end up costing u, its pritty hard to put an avergae price on these item , but standerd clutch will prob cost u round 300 to 400 , usally 6 to 7 hundred installed somtimes even more

Wace
02-10-2008, 01:31 AM
i have a mechanic who wud do it for around 250-300 and if ur replacing ur clutch i wud suggest u get a heavy duty and u can get an awsome exedy heavy duty clutch from turbo auto spares in cabra very cheap, i got one for my dc2 for 330 and RRP was 599 and while ur doin ur clutch think smart coz theres other lil things u can do while ur at it, i'd put a lightened flywheel on. i heard exedy flywheels were lighter than the type r ones so that wud be alryt

iinjektd
02-10-2008, 03:46 PM
i have a mechanic who wud do it for around 250-300 and if ur replacing ur clutch i wud suggest u get a heavy duty and u can get an awsome exedy heavy duty clutch from turbo auto spares in cabra very cheap, i got one for my dc2 for 330 and RRP was 599 and while ur doin ur clutch think smart coz theres other lil things u can do while ur at it, i'd put a lightened flywheel on. i heard exedy flywheels were lighter than the type r ones so that wud be alryt

thanks mate. yeh i got a heavy duty one at the same place u did.
but i wish i thought about changing my fly wheel and all that..
anyway im happy with my new clutch.. but i need to get use to it..
kinda feels like im learning how to drive manual again..
gear 2 shudders alot when i turn.. =S

DNY*BOY
09-10-2008, 12:11 PM
i have an EG and got an exedy oem replacement machined the fly & new release bearing 750

theuan101
09-10-2008, 02:14 PM
My mate got his done for 250 including flywheel machining.

was in a del sol