PDA

View Full Version : Help on info about EF Civic's

Usual Suspect
05-10-2004, 04:05 AM
ok im starting to save for a new car, and i have set my eyes on the EF Civic SiR. I like the look of them, and i want a hatch with punch but in my price range. Problem is i cant seem to find 100% certain details on the engine from websites, and even on the ozhonda civic model guide im not sure which engine it has. Some say its the b16a, some say its a d16a1 (or something like that).

Im looking for a jdm spec one, as alwyas the audm market got screwed on on power figures and such for known reasons. I know they are rare as but i got a while to save up.

So just looking for 100% certain figures and model of engine in the EF Civic SiR both audm and jdm spec.

Ill quite a few bucks by middle of next yr and more if i decide to sell my current car, ive lost track of what certain civics are going for so i may even have enough to buy a new civic, looking around $6000 to $10000.

Cheers guys.

bizee_1
05-10-2004, 05:11 AM
Your kidding me right ?
Ok, in the Ozhonda Civic Model Lineup. The EF9 is the 2nd last listing. Where the AUDM ED6 is the last Civic listing.

Otherwise, try :
http://www.4thgenerationcivic.com/
http://www.ef-honda.com/

There are different specs of the JDM (only) EF Civic. With a variety of engines to match.
Since you are after a EF9 SiR, that is the B16A powered one.

AUDM is reffered to as ED6 (for the hatch) Ours came in 1.5 sohc dual carb versions with the very late models with 1.6 EFI. (i may be mistaken)

Nice choice of car you wish to have next btw. :D

i'll guess that Setanta will reply with accurate answers to your questions though. i wonders how many genuine jdm EF9's there are in Oz.

wynode
05-10-2004, 09:08 AM
Either wait for setanta to reply or check out our links section. There are LOTS of EF sites in there thanks to setanta.

Rufes1
05-10-2004, 08:00 PM
Yes the EF9 SiR has the b16a
ED6's are all dual carb, d15b4, unless its an import.. Everyone else seemed to get it in EFI cept Australia and possibly UK?

Keep in mind an EF9 SiR is quite quite rare :)

EF9-SiR
05-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Hi,
Good luck with your search, coz I couldn't fine one. You probably have better luck if you look to import one from Japan under the 15 years rule. Only problem they're quite rare cos the car have to be 15 years from the month of manufacture. I try to source one out from Japan at the auction and car yard, no luck. If you're not in a hurry to get one, it's probably a good idea to wait for next year, that way the 90 model (depending on the month) as well as the 89 model EF9 SiR will be eligible for the 15 years import scheme. Once again good luck with your search, pm me if you need info on importing these cars from Japan.