PDA

View Full Version : Official R35 GT-R local pricing and availability

trism
01-10-2008, 08:06 PM
October 1 2008
Return Of A Legend: All Conquering Nissan GT-R On Sale Next April
Australia’s longest automotive wait is almost over.

The legendary Nissan that conquered Bathurst and the Nurburgring and the car so many Nissan fans have been anticipating, returns next April and will be available at a select group of 11 accredited “Nissan High Performance Centre” dealers.

The new Nissan GT-R supercar will be on show in Sydney for the first time when it takes centre stage at the 2008 Australian International Motor Show. Nissan will begin a pre-sell program and take orders from the first day of the show, October 9.

The GT-R will be available here in two grades – GT-R and GT-R Premium.

The GT-R is priced at $148,800 and the Premium grade model at $152,800.

There will be a choice of six colours, Super Silver, Vibrant Red, Gun Metallic, Black Obsidian, Titanium, and Ivory Pearl.

The supercar will feature true luxury performance equipment including a driver configurable Multi-Function Meter which can display lateral G-forces plus acceleration and braking performance among 11 data screens available.

Premium grade adds smoke/grey forged 20-inch aluminium wheels, Nitrogen-filled Bridgestone Potenza run-flat tyres, (over the standard model’s Dunlop SP Sport), a BOSE audio with 11 speakers and a 30 gigabyte hard drive; and front black leather sports seats with red Alcantara inserts.

The Nissan High Performance Centres, where the GT-R will be exclusively available, are spread strategically around the country to maximize service delivery.

They are located at:

NSW Campbelltown
Brookvale
VIC Ferntree Gully
Werribee
SA Nailsworth
WA Melville
Wangara
QLD Moorooka
Southport
Mackay
TAS Hobart

Each of the 11 dealers had to meet exacting standards including the allocation of dedicated GT-R sales and service staff: installing specific technical service monitors to communicate with the GT-R “black-box” data recorder and stocking nitrogen to maintain tyres.

World’s First Independent AWD System

The GT-R is powered by a hand-built twin-turbo VR38DETT 3.8-litre V6 engine delivering a mighty 353kW and 588Nm across a wide mid-range expanse from 3,200rpm to 5,200rpm.

It also introduces the world’s first independent rear transaxle all-wheel drive system.

The GR6 sequential six-speed has paddle shift control for the dual clutch rear transaxle, while drive to the wheels is via the electronically-controlled ATTESA E-TS all-wheel-drive system.

Brembo Sports brakes are fitted all round, with six pistons in the front callipers and four at the rear. There are full-floating drilled rotors clamped by low steel high stiffness brake pads.

A Bilstein DampTronic suspension control system gives three selectable settings: Circuit, Normal and Comfort.

The 20-inch front wheels are shod with 255/40ZF 20 tyres while the rears are fitted with 285/35ZF 20s, with all tyre pressures monitored electronically.

An advanced hybrid body construction melds steel, die-cast aluminium and carbon fibre for strength, lightness and durability. The GT-R has a super low coefficient of drag of 0.27, while achieving high front and rear downforce.

The production Nissan GT-R has already won its spurs on the track with GT-R chief test driver Tochio Suzuki cracking the seven minutes 30 seconds barrier at the famed Nurburgring track earlier this year.

The car he drove was a standard specification model, fitted with standard Japanese market tyres. Suzuki’s lap time beat his previous fastest time for the GT-R by an amazing nine seconds, recorded in damp conditions.

By achieving a sub seven minutes 30 second lap time, the GT-R has proved it is arguably the fastest mass-production car in the world. Nissan set out to build a multiperformance supercar accessible to anyone, anytime and anywhere – and the GT-R delivered that promise.

Comprehensive Equipment

Specification is comprehensive, as is to be expected from a vehicle of this standing.

All models have a rear wing and carbon fibre rear diffuser, and a dark grey front grille.

The standard equipment list features leather-wrapped sports steering wheel, adjustable steering column, high-back driver’s sports seats, with six-way power adjustment for the driver and four-way power adjustment for passenger. Front seats are heated and there are aluminium interior trim accents.

An intelligent key system allows access to the car and integrates with the push-button for engine start and stop.

The Premium model adds black forged 20-inch aluminium wheels, Nitrogen-filled Bridgestone Potenza Run-Flat tyres, BOSE audio system and front black leather sports seats with red leather inserts.

Safety equipment includes ABS with EBD, dual front, side and curtain airbags, while the sports-oriented dynamic stability system, VDC-R, is adjustable through Circuit, Normal and Off settings, selectable by the driver to suit prevailing conditions.

Nissan Australia expects local sales of the GT-R to reach around 200 units in its first year. Nissan Australia Managing Director, Dan Thompson said, “We are proud and excited to see the GT-R back in Australian showrooms. It is a powerful tonic for the Nissan brand and underlines our outstanding record as an authentic sports car and performance car manufacturer.”

Type R Positive
07-12-2008, 03:08 PM
good luck at that price.....

trism
07-12-2008, 03:21 PM
i lold at the dealerships that will get it

strategically positioned in "rich" areas of the states lol

Mugen_B16B
07-12-2008, 05:07 PM
im not so sure about mooroka in qld lol

hisoka
07-12-2008, 05:19 PM
im not so sure about mooroka in qld lol

lol i was thinking same thing, but didnt wanna offend anyone LOL. theres a TRD dealer there aswell, i dont understand lol

I heart the SSS
07-12-2008, 05:30 PM
the nissan high performance centres, where the gt-r will be exclusively available, are spread strategically around the country to maximize service delivery.

They are located at:

Nsw campbelltown

lol...

damienm
07-12-2008, 05:37 PM
i rather this than an M3

SHOGUNOVDDRK
07-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Shouldn't there be like 2 in the North Shore for Sydney?

johnprocter
07-12-2008, 05:58 PM
yeah you'd think so and maybe one in the city>?

eg5civic
07-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Oh mang when i go see my mate in campbelltown i'm going to visit the dealership XD

JDM.Power
07-12-2008, 10:49 PM
lol @ campbeltown

Aza
08-12-2008, 10:05 AM
ever heard of marooka magic mile? its one of the biggest car dealer streets in qld

and the R35 is in the super car league now, i think the price suits the car

aaronng
08-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Shouldn't there be like 2 in the North Shore for Sydney?
It's a low volume car, so they don't need many. Just 1 on each side. Good price though. I thought they would gouge us. Just like what they did with the Audi RS6. It's 77000 UKP, and we all know that cars are more expensive in the UK. But that is still AU$100,000 cheaper than the price of the RS6 here!

moo moo nel
08-12-2008, 11:55 AM
M3 or R35 GTR?

tough decision

Type S Tony
08-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Campbelltown, Brookvale.......WTF??????

Theres one at Auto Style @ beverly Hills with POA as the price!

Why cant they bring it to Rockdale Nissan or Closer to the city?????

I think $150,000 is alot for a nissan regardless of performance! I mean thats Porsche Boxster money right their.

aaronng
08-12-2008, 01:19 PM
I think $150,000 is alot for a nissan regardless of performance! I mean thats Porsche Boxster money right their.
I wouldn't even put the boxster into the same league as the GTR. GT2 at the very minimum!

Type S Tony
08-12-2008, 01:27 PM
I wouldn't even put the boxster into the same league as the GTR. GT2 at the very minimum!

I know, what you mean, it doesnt come near the nissan in performance, but if i was to spend that sort of money ide rather a porsche than the nissan, plus you dont wanna go to fast cause you need to go slow to check out the chicksssssssss!!!!!!

aaronng
08-12-2008, 01:51 PM
I know, what you mean, it doesnt come near the nissan in performance, but if i was to spend that sort of money ide rather a porsche than the nissan, plus you dont wanna go to fast cause you need to go slow to check out the chicksssssssss!!!!!!
The chicks drive Boxsters. You need a 911! :thumbsup:

trism
08-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Campbelltown, Brookvale.......WTF??????

Theres one at Auto Style @ beverly Hills with POA as the price!

thatd be a grey import

Type S Tony
08-12-2008, 02:12 PM
thatd be a grey import

Oh yeah, guranteed for sure. and it looks ugly In black belive it or not, I think the titanium or white colour schemes would be the way to go!

But has anyone heard of the warranty issues with GTR owners overseas?

Apparently if you use the launch control function it voids the mechanical warranty from Nissan? WTF WTF.

I heard it on one of those YouTube american car shows with Matt Farah.

hisoka
08-12-2008, 02:14 PM
yer theres some already in brisbane but in only seen them at the track (ive seen 2 so far)~and some even registered in nsw lol.?

aaronng
08-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Oh yeah, guranteed for sure. and it looks ugly In black belive it or not, I think the titanium or white colour schemes would be the way to go!

But has anyone heard of the warranty issues with GTR owners overseas?

Apparently if you use the launch control function it voids the mechanical warranty from Nissan? WTF WTF.

I heard it on one of those YouTube american car shows with Matt Farah.

I reckon call up one of the listed Nissan dealers when they start selling and ask them.

.::F[L]Y::.
08-12-2008, 03:51 PM
152k for a R35 GTR is definately not a bad price, in real life the car is absolutely stunning, it has so much road presence. The only shit thing is that it doesnt come in traditional manual. Its definately bang for buck when you put it into comparison to an NSX....

Type R Positive
08-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Y::.;2032004']152k for a R35 GTR is definately not a bad price,It is when the yanks are getting it for $70k.....
Fark we get ripped......... :thumbdwn:

Q_ball
08-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Blame to economy for that!

I personally think that its a good price for such a good car.

Re: the position of dealerships, you guys are right in laughing at the places being classed as "rich" - but despite this, Campbelltown, Brookvale etc, they all register terrific figures in revenue.
People dont go into the city to shop for cars.

aaronng
08-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Brookvale isn't considered rich?

Q_ball
08-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Its higher up on the ladder than Campbelltown but i wouldnt call it rich along the lines of baller haha

Type R Positive
08-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I wondered why Mackay was on the list for QLD instead of Townsville or Cairns.
All the coal mines are in central QLD, and people from there go to Rocky or Mackay.

aaronng
09-12-2008, 07:07 AM
Its higher up on the ladder than Campbelltown but i wouldnt call it rich along the lines of baller haha

In the baller areas like Mosman, there just isn't a Nissan dealer there. But baller people wouldn't care if there are few dealerships. Their PA will take the car out for them to service, or they will pay the Brookvale dealer to send people over to pick the car up for him/her.

EGB18CT
09-12-2008, 07:17 AM
not a bad price when considering other cars that it is compared too.

Type R Positive
09-12-2008, 01:50 PM
I think pricing is more to do with car allocation and demand.
There is stuff all allocation with enough demand. They could sell em for $200k and still make allocation.

johnprocter
09-12-2008, 02:09 PM
i want one :(

EK1.6LCIV
09-12-2008, 04:01 PM
damn, but then again every other GTR new sold for 150k in the past?

but being in Porsche territory when optioned, many will look at both I can almost garantee it

JDM.Power
09-12-2008, 04:13 PM

but being in Porsche territory when optioned, many will look at both I can almost garantee it

yep your right, all gtr's!! were expensive when they first came out!

aaronng
09-12-2008, 04:25 PM

You forgot to factor in inflation and the lower value of money.
Since when did they sell GTRs brand new (except the R32 for homologation) in a Nissan dealer outside of Japan?

EK1.6LCIV
09-12-2008, 04:35 PM
that was the price people back then were paying for them if they wanted one

I can still remember vaguely the price and first glimpses of the R32, it was incredible then, and to image down the track they can be had for the price of a dc2r lol

makes me keen to see how well this model does 10yrs down the track

Type R Positive
09-12-2008, 05:52 PM
I can still remember vaguely the price and first glimpses of the R32, it was incredible then, and to image down the track they can be had for the price of a dc2r lol
Yeah, $30k for an R32 is an absolute bargain! :thumbsup:

Type R Positive
09-12-2008, 05:53 PM

R32 sold for $110k. Way overpriced back then too. More so than the $150k for one now.

But has the GTR got the Porsche or say Ferrari image in the main stream? Thats why people buy these cars for, isn't it?
I still hear people say 'Ricer' when a R34 GTR drives by...........

bodaas
09-12-2008, 08:50 PM
maybe those peoples are the ricer

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ricer
(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

i_own_you
09-12-2008, 11:04 PM
i saw a black r35 outside the autostyle warehouse today. damn it farkin looks hot in real life.

Type R Positive
10-12-2008, 01:01 AM
i saw a black r35 outside the autostyle warehouse today. damn it farkin looks hot in real life.
Yeah, they are sweeeeeeet.
I saw one at the Perth motor show, and the missus said she would definately have the GTR over the Evo X, until I told her it costs twice as much. We were looking at getting an Evo X at the time.....

EK1.6LCIV
10-12-2008, 10:01 AM
There's one that drives around here every now and again on some kind of special rego, it's been spotted a few times

Stig
10-12-2008, 03:31 PM
M3 or R35 GTR?

tough decision

random: what do you drive?
you: i drive a nissan

OR

you: i drive a beamer

pretty simple :P

Zdster
10-12-2008, 03:34 PM

OR

OR

you: one of the fastest cheapest production cars around

aaronng
10-12-2008, 04:06 PM

OR

Ohhh, a 120i aye? :p

Crapdaz
10-12-2008, 04:13 PM
what happened to the lovely blue?!!!

Crapdaz
10-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah, they are sweeeeeeet.
I saw one at the Perth motor show, and the missus said she would definately have the GTR over the Evo X, until I told her it costs twice as much. We were looking at getting an Evo X at the time.....
should have gone evo X.

Type R Positive
11-12-2008, 08:37 AM
should have gone evo X.
Yeah, im destined to never get my Evo....

It was $80k for MR vs $35k for new euro. The missus and the euro won.

I keep telling my missus that I don't want to be one of those 60 year olds you see driving around in WRX's and the like. :p

aaronng
11-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Get a 2nd hand EVO for 30k as a "fun weekend car"

prelure
11-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Theres a blak 35 around meadowbank i see sometimes

SPEEDCORE
11-12-2008, 03:39 PM
15 of Moorooka's allocated 20 have deposits on them...... the service centre is also getting divided for the GTR to have its own service area and dedicated techs.

NAAAAAAAICE! :cool:

Type R Positive
12-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Get a 2nd hand EVO for 30k as a "fun weekend car"Yeah, I want a Mak 6.5. :thumbsup:

Type R Positive
12-12-2008, 03:41 PM
the service centre is also getting divided for the GTR to have its own service area and dedicated techs.

NAAAAAAAICE! :cool:
20 cars are going to need their own service area? Doesn't sound so good.....

wokstar88
17-12-2008, 10:57 PM

Yeah LOL@ Ferntree Gully and Werribee for VIC

SPEEDCORE
18-12-2008, 11:17 AM
20 cars are going to need their own service area? Doesn't sound so good.....

I know bit bizzare... almost sounds like they are expecting to have them there constantly under repair. I guess for $170k a pop they want to seperate the area and make it a little exlusive... than having a GTR getting serviced flanked by two Tiidas. ;)

CKEY
23-12-2008, 11:20 PM

yeah dunno about melville WA haha

DreadAngel
24-12-2008, 10:27 AM
I know bit bizzare... almost sounds like they are expecting to have them there constantly under repair. I guess for $170k a pop they want to seperate the area and make it a little exlusive... than having a GTR getting serviced flanked by two Tiidas. ;)

Bahahaha, so cute awwww lol

Raztaz
27-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Yeah LOL@ Ferntree Gully and Werribee for VIC

dunno how Nissan thought Ferntree Gully was more of a rich area than there dealership at Glen Waverley lol