PDA

View Full Version : Fuel gauge problem

dc4u
01-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Hey guys.

just bought a dc2r cluster for my dc4. before i connected it, i pushed the fuel needle to about half way (which was what i had on my old cluster before i changed it). when i turned the car on, the fuel needle rose and then dropped down below the E and has been sitting there since.

From reading around, ive found that usually, if you disconnect your cluster and re-connect it, whether or not the fuel needle has moved, it will re-adjust it self to the right spot. So i tested this by putting my old cluster in and it worked. my old cluster fuel needle moved to full after i filled up but the dc2r cluster still reads below E.

Anyone have this issue? How can i fix this issue? suggestions?

i dont think the dc2r cluster is broken because the fuel needle rose when i first put it in and i saw it move a tiny bit today when i turned the car on (5mm)... (but then just sunk back below E :()

thanks

vishta
02-10-2008, 12:06 AM
I know it sounds stupid ... have u tried pushing the needle to F to see it it sunk all the way ?

dc4u
02-10-2008, 07:32 AM
I know it sounds stupid ... have u tried pushing the needle to F to see it it sunk all the way ?

yea... tried that but when i turned the car on... it just slowly sunk!

dc4u
07-10-2008, 04:30 PM
anyone?