PDA

View Full Version : Which engine for transplant??

MTX BOY
04-11-2003, 08:02 PM
What engine should be put in an EG for a transplant? should you stick with 1.6 or go a 1.8 etc?? what total price for the whole transplant you lookin at?? :)

CAT_SPEW
04-11-2003, 08:24 PM
From what I have been told, B16A is the easiest out of the lot if you doing it yourself, like I will be.
Or mabye a B18C?

B16A cost of front cut and installed would be anywhere from $2500-$5000 I would estimate.

Weq
04-11-2003, 08:57 PM
Go a b18c varient. gaining 30Hp (over the VTi motor) for that money on a b16a transplant isnt worth it in my opinion.

ALLMTR
04-11-2003, 09:00 PM
I'd go B20vtec.......Oh I did.........you should to...........check for sale thread :wink:

one more chance
04-11-2003, 09:12 PM
save up for the b18c better hp, but healthier tq...

Setanta
04-11-2003, 10:15 PM
Go a b18c varient. gaining 30Hp (over the VTi motor) for that money on a b16a transplant isnt worth it in my opinion.

Umm... only the DC2 ITR motor is over 190bhp, the VTiR's is 180 isn't it?

B16A is 160bhp

skoota
04-11-2003, 10:50 PM
This is quite a good subject cos I wanna know what I can transplant into my EK hatch. No vtec is killing me. I wanna go 1.8l vtec I think - what do u guys recommend? BTW I've got no fekking idea about this stuff!!! :?

Weq
04-11-2003, 11:15 PM

Umm... only the DC2 ITR motor is over 190bhp, the VTiR's is 180 isn't it?

B16A is 160bhp

yer sorry i confused u.
Most powerful engine in an AUDM EG was around 130hp. Hence b16a only 30hp more.

wynode
04-11-2003, 11:28 PM
There are a lot of choices and it all depends on the cost of the front cut.

Your options include

B16A
B18C
B18CR
H22A

Factor in about 2-2.5K for labour + the cost of the front cut. Putting the H22A might cost you a bit more though.

skoota
04-11-2003, 11:58 PM
do i have to get a front cut??? what;s the diff between the last two B series engines??? the Cr and C?

civicboy
05-11-2003, 12:01 AM
yes u need a front cut & B18C which is not a type-r (integra) but still Vti-R
and B18CR is a Integra Type-R with some goodies eg. Recaro seats, etc... :shock: :)

A'PEXi
05-11-2003, 01:07 AM
huh? you don't need a frontcut to do an engine transplant, u need the engine? :P...

get the b20 allmtr is selling lol :lol:

Setanta
05-11-2003, 06:46 AM
But he'll also need driveshafts, brakes, ECU, wiring loom - that's usually why a cut is a better move.

Bumble B
05-11-2003, 08:45 AM
This is quite a good subject cos I wanna know what I can transplant into my EK hatch. No vtec is killing me. I wanna go 1.8l vtec I think - what do u guys recommend? BTW I've got no fekking idea about this stuff!!! :?

Dude, anything you can put into the EG civics, you can also put into your EK coz they have the same chasis (So I've been told!) 1.8L engine will be heavier, so maybe you have to play around with suspension and stuff. But boy...what a sleeper :P

wynode
05-11-2003, 09:55 AM
1.8 isn't going to be much heavier. It basically has a longer stroke than the 1.6 with a lot more torque.

skoota
05-11-2003, 01:34 PM
hmmm... the B18CR sounds goooooood!!!! :twisted: I'd love to get the Recaro seats and stuff as well. Didn't think that was part of a half cut. But then again I know nothing.

AP1 F20c
05-11-2003, 03:29 PM
Sorry, but WTF is a "B18CR" ... I have never seen that engine code before. :roll:

And no, you don't get Recaros in a front cut - Or should I say, I've never seen it or know anyone that lucky to get them included in their front cut purchase. You get everything in the car only if you buy a complete wreck. Wreckers and alikes know how much those Recaros are worth as much as anyone else does.

Generally for the interior in a front cut purchase, it ends right where the gearbox is, thus the description - "Front cut". If you're lucky, you'd have lots and lots of safety glass chips everywhere, a nice looking used-airbag equipped steering wheel, metal feet pedals, a nice working dash, stereo, ECU, gearknob and whatever else.

skoota
05-11-2003, 04:29 PM
Yeh didn't think the seats came into it. Oh well. But apparently the B16CR is the engine from teggy Type R - or so I've been told.

tanghy
05-11-2003, 04:39 PM
first u go b18cr then u go b16cr, if u don't know anything like u mentioned b4, then don't say anything

mo
05-11-2003, 05:04 PM
lmao teg type-r is B18C5/7 dependnig on year model

tanghy
05-11-2003, 05:13 PM
that again is misleading info
c5 is US delivered engine
c6 is european
c7 is OZ

one more chance
05-11-2003, 05:42 PM
B18CR JDM ITR engine

AP1 F20c
05-11-2003, 05:57 PM
There's no B18CR ... If you want to say B18C, B18C5, B18C7, just put it in clear form. Having it called B18CR or B16BR is plain stupid, not only is it misleading but it looks like no one has a clue what they're talking about. :roll:

At least Tanghy took the effort to add something useful ... :arrow:

one more chance
05-11-2003, 06:19 PM
As what tanghy said, however the B18CR is commonly used by the Japanese in reference to the Type R (tipu-R Japanese pronunciation) engine code.

AP1 F20c
05-11-2003, 06:37 PM
Blah, I don't understand why you wanna follow everything the Japs do blindly like it's a religion or something, so if the Japs have shit English, you wanna learn how to speak like them too cuz it's JDM? I don't think so. And BTW, this is the first time I've seen anyone use the term, "B18CR" online ... I guess I'm the only weirdo around here, pardon me. :roll:

one more chance
05-11-2003, 06:48 PM
I never used the term B18CR, I merely pointed out that is is another term in reference to the jap spec ITR engine code. look up B18CR in a search engine and you may find some info! :roll:

eknine
05-11-2003, 10:59 PM
btw skoota,nothing personal but i noticed that ur queries are like something which can be almost be easily answered if you do a search, be it on the www or on some other forums, maybe you really shld learn how to use search engine, otherwise sooner or later if everyone falls into that habit, ozhonda will soon be a place full of reiterated posts without much constructive or new infos. i mean like once awhile is alrite but by glacing at the frequency of queries on the forum in the last 2 week, it all abt whats the diff between this and that or what engine can be transplant into this or that, get me dift , ppls:)

everyone is here to share, learn or exchange. And point of views can at time be conflicting. so either trash it out or just take everything you read with a gain of salt....still unhappy, well then go lined up somewhere and maybe see who is right or wrong-going there only means some childish behaviour.

and finally the term "b18CR" is coined by most who is trying to differentiate between the JDM ITR b18c and the exports versions, the japan sale brochures confirms that it a b18c.

and i believe that tangy was just simply referring the JDM ITR and the CTR in short , so no conflict there. and i don't think that AP1 literally mean that tangy is stupid, i'm sure a re-read of the post sounds nothing more like a rubbish, misleading quote because it ends with "At least Tanghy took the effort to add something useful ... "..thus appears like an oxymoron pharse after all, nothing harmless. :wink:

and the relationship bwtween tangy and ap1 are plain mutual - they know each other:wink:, so pls don't have the idea of me shield anyone, its just that we all know each other. :) i mean , even betwen mates there are conflicting views but its nothing serious to take any thing personal. lets leave as that.:wink:

and so don't start getting jumpy ppls and :arrow: back to topic :arrow: period :wink:

tanghy
05-11-2003, 11:03 PM
and i believe that tangy was just simply referring the JDM ITR and the CTR in short , so no conflict there. and i don't think that AP1 literally mean that tangy is stupid, i'm sure a re-read of the post sounds nothing more like a rubbish, misleading quote because it ends with "At least Tanghy took the effort to add something useful ... "..thus appears like an oxymoron pharse after all, nothing harmless. :wink:

and the relationship bwtween tangy and ap1 are plain mutual - they know each other:wink:, so pls don't have the idea of me shield anyone, its just that we all know each other. :) i mean , even betwen mates there are conflicting views but its nothing serious to take any thing personal. lets leave as that.:wink:

and so don't start getting jumpy ppls and :arrow: back to topic :arrow: period :wink:

are u on drugs or something?

:P

eknine
05-11-2003, 11:11 PM
well drew i'm on drug bro!<laffz>

guess i'm too tired, stayed in uni since 8am this morning and still here ..anyway managed to finally get sometime to read the days posts..and this post is going no where...and i reckon better butt in into an already personal atmosphere. otherwise rubbish will continue like the exhuast post :wink:

skoota
06-11-2003, 12:25 PM
dude - it was a typing error - for christ sake get over it. I AM SORRY.

skoota
06-11-2003, 12:30 PM
As for the B18CR or whatever it is called - I was just quoting from wht Wynode put in the previous page. And nothing personal either - but this is a web page to discuss Honda related issues - and if you dont like what is being writtne in this particular thread then YOU do NOT have to read it nor reply to it. :x I was just asking opinions from people who seem to know their Hondas' - I thought u could do that in here?!?!? Now I'm sure I'm going to be told off. Now let's leave it at that.

wynode
06-11-2003, 12:44 PM
Your options include...
B16A
B18C
B18CR
H22A

Sorry for the confusion, I haven't been following this thread.

There is no such engine code as the B18CR. I was merely reffering to the B18C ITR motor (aka B18C7).

Should have made it more clear for the non technically minded. If you are not sure of a particular engine code, then check the stick of this forum and/or the integra forum.

b16a_integra
06-11-2003, 02:21 PM
if you want a b16a i have a friend selling his, it has heaps of mods and is kept in real good condition. and goes............

wynode edit: Please do not advertise what you are not selling

Call 0412 015 906 or email cjmad55@hotmail.com

CAT_SPEW
06-11-2003, 06:01 PM
if you want a b16a i have a friend selling his, it has heaps of mods and is kept in real good condition. and goes............

wynode edit: Please do not advertise what you are not selling

Call 0412 015 906 or email cjmad55@hotmail.com

Noooo!!!
It's mine :) :D

Hey B16A
Integra, did you recently put the new engine in? Because your friend mentioned you when I wastalking to him.

b16a_integra
06-11-2003, 08:58 PM
yeh its getting there, very slowly.
got to goto uni. if i had it my way i wouldnt go, but somehow i dont think ill pass otherwise.
ill post pics when its finished