PDA

View Full Version : Scratches on my jazz.. how do i fix it

Shia'J
05-10-2008, 11:07 AM
So here's the deal I've been driving a lot lately since the holidays like to Geelong and Daylesford and I've noticed a couple of scratches on my jazz, I'm assuming there caused by rocks from the surface... Now being my first car i have no idea how to get it fixed..

Any suggestions?

aaronng
05-10-2008, 11:11 AM
If they are small, touchup paint.

Shia'J
05-10-2008, 11:13 AM
theres a couple of small ones you can see the metal too =\ and theres a long on at the back

mars_panas
05-10-2008, 11:20 AM
If the ones on the back are not that deep use cut and polish or Scratch X you can find these products in your local Autobarn or Supercheap Auto....

with the ones at the front just get touch up paint what aaronng said... when you have a lot of them just get the whole front resprayed but if you have a couple touch up paint will do the trick......

you can also get the touch up paint from your local Autobarn or Supercheap Auto....

make sure you have the colour code for your car so the people can mix the colour that match your car....

Good Luck....

Shia'J
05-10-2008, 11:42 AM
thanks guys do you know how much it would cost?

mars_panas
05-10-2008, 11:45 AM
touch up paint will cost you $12 and Scratch X and cut & Polish will cost roughly $20....

Shia'J
05-10-2008, 11:50 AM
i guess i'll get it done when i have the time seems as though the jazz paint is easy to scratch off =\ seems fragile

mars_panas
05-10-2008, 11:54 AM
ur welcome...

what colour is your Jazz?

i don't get scratches at all... just chip marks from stones... i just touch it up with touch up paint.... but i am getting a few of them now so maybe end of the year i am going to re-spray my whole front....

Silver is the best when its dirty it still looks clean....

Shia'J
05-10-2008, 12:25 PM
ive got a yellow jazz im starting to see more chips now :(

aaronng
05-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Get touchup paint from the dealer. $20 a tube. Saves the trouble of trying to match the colour.

Shia'J
05-10-2008, 12:47 PM
would it look funny if i used touch up? like would it look the same as i first purchased the car? lol cause i don't want a brush mark

mars_panas
05-10-2008, 06:01 PM
hrmms... well depends on how u brush it on... when you apply the paint make sure you brush the same direction... it won't look 100% but it will look much better than wat u have now....

as i said before use touch up paint for the chip marks you have now and then when you get more and its visible... than re-spray your front bumper.... that will probably cost you roughly around $250 - $300

redmugenjazz
06-10-2008, 09:03 PM
lol, i got the same problem, i tried the touchup paint from honda, it goes on perfectly but dries a lighter colour shade, my paint is acrylic so i bought acrylic paint from a panel beater and dabbled a small dot into the chip. then used 1000 sandpaper or similar to lightly sand it down and buff the hell out of it with brasso. Then use the Scratch X. Be careful only use this method if you haven't got a clear coat on ur jazz. hope this helps

Shia'J
09-10-2008, 10:34 PM
most of the cuts are naked metal now :S so I'm a little hesitant to do it on my own and the fact that i haven't done it before