PDA

View Full Version : DC4 Integra Fuel Guage Issue

Nato
06-10-2008, 10:00 AM
hey guys

tried searching, but found nothing similar to what the problem is on my car.

With my fuel gauge when the tank is full, it points towards full but a good 3-4mm off the F. When it gets near empty, it points below the E and then the fuel light comes on which gives me another 50-100km's. I usually fill up at this point, and it only allows 40L or so in.

Would it be some form of sensor that could be rooted or another problem altogether?

Thanks in advance

Nato

DC4Integra98
06-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Same thing happens with my car. Might be a common issue?

MRGRIM
07-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Nato

you will find the sensors are all good
there is a way to fix this and its easy

all you need to do is remove your gauge cluster from the dash
then allow the gauge to drop to its lowest point ( remember where this is for later )

now that you have the gauge out Please make sure your hands are clean or wear disposable rubber gloves b4
you remove the clear plastic from the front of the cluster
it should only be a couple of screws/clips

now that you have it open you can very very gently pry off the needle
( now is when u need to remember where it was )

all thats needed now is to gently push the needle back on in the desired position
so that the gauge reads in the correct position for empty
witch should be just below the top of the letter "E"

after you have done this make sure there are no finger print left behind
and the clear plastic and gauges are dust free put it all back together and then return it to the dash

you will find this fixes the problem it is very easy to do

Re: the low fuel light this has nothing to do with the dash reading this is controlled by the sender in the tank
and you will find now that the gauge has been reset it will all return to normal and work as it should

P.S. i paid to have this done to a car about 10yrs ago then found out it was $100 rip off waste of time
I could of done it so easy myself since then I've also done the same thing to many cars including correcting the temp gauge as well

hope this helps

Nato
07-10-2008, 05:32 PM
thanks MRGRIM!

MRGRIM
07-10-2008, 07:41 PM
No Problem Glad To help

Let me know how you go with it