PDA

View Full Version : 20's on 08 euro

brissyjoe
06-10-2008, 03:44 PM
i want to put 20 inch rims on my euro will they fit and were can i get a good price from

JunYu
06-10-2008, 03:53 PM
yes 20's will fit, just make sure you get the right specification.

Bigpauly2788
06-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Man you could probably put 22's on it, heaps of us here have 20s on the previous euro.

Seeing how the new euro is such a larger build i think some 22's + slammed on its ass would be insane !

My future prodject :)

EUR003act
06-10-2008, 08:44 PM
i want to put 20 inch rims on my euro will they fit and were can i get a good price from

To help differentiate between CL9 and CU2 threads, please add a [CL9] or [CU2] tag in front of the thread name when you make your thread.

Thanks.

also, try the search function next time, this has already been covered, and yes, they do fit...

other than that, welcome to ozhonda! :thumbsup:

Suntzu
06-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Seems like theres a lot of new CL9 members here are more into the slammed 20+ inch rimmed look as opposed to performance mods and practical improvements to the car.

A sign of the times I suppose given the now low second hand values of the car. Its a short of cultural shift i suppose.

Ilia
06-10-2008, 10:48 PM
It's taste...

I had my euro and went for 20's

Luxury car with a luxury look! (in my personal opinion) If i wanted peformance i would have bought a different car!

However others see it the total opposite!

Whatever floats your boat!

bentusi123
06-10-2008, 11:25 PM
r u sure u want put 20"?
one of my friend put 20" on his euro.
right now, even a new CIVIC can win him for start.
and we have tried 0-100, he is 1.86 second lower than me.

Bigpauly2788
07-10-2008, 12:03 AM
r u sure u want put 20"?
one of my friend put 20" on his euro.
right now, even a new CIVIC can win him for start.
and we have tried 0-100, he is 1.86 second lower than me.

Obviously...

stephen8512
07-10-2008, 01:53 AM
20's on a euro is more about looks than performance....

EUR003act
07-10-2008, 05:52 AM
Seems like theres a lot of new CL9 members here are more into the slammed 20+ inch rimmed look as opposed to performance mods and practical improvements to the car.

A sign of the times I suppose given the now low second hand values of the car. Its a short of cultural shift i suppose.

sooo true... im seeing heaps of euros and berra now dumped on 20s... :thumbdwn:

It's taste...

I had my euro and went for 20's

Luxury car with a luxury look! (in my personal opinion) If i wanted peformance i would have bought a different car!

However others see it the total opposite!

Whatever floats your boat!

20s dont make a euro look more luxurious... 20s make VIP style / cheap crappy... complete different...

Crapdaz
07-10-2008, 06:37 AM
agreed with Eur003act.

btw not many modded euros (CL9) when i was in the CAN saturday/sunday, only saw a black one with 18" but from far away at night.

brissyjoe
07-10-2008, 07:43 AM
boys ive had ery fast cars i had a sti with 240kw atw

i want lux now so wouldnt mind getting rims
as i already have 18 on stock i need to go bigger hehehehe

Crapdaz
07-10-2008, 07:56 AM
boys ive had ery fast cars i had a sti with 240kw atw

i want lux now so wouldnt mind getting rims
as i already have 18 on stock i need to go bigger hehehehe
then go 22" but you have very little dumpage space i think. <-- read somewhere can't remember.

Suntzu
07-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Big over sized wheels does not equal luxury. I dont know why people keep saying this.

brissyjoe
07-10-2008, 10:56 AM
i think ill just keep the 18's i think

.QD
07-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Work VS-XX in 20's would look hot on the CU2's I reckon.

Ilia
08-10-2008, 11:29 PM
I happen to think if you put the right wheels on it does look like a luxurious car (VIP) whatever you want to call it!

In my personal opinion, hate to offend some of you, but have to say it, i believe doing peformance type mods and worrying about how fast your euro can get to 100 is a little try hardish! If i wanted a car for peformance i definitly wouldnt go buying another euro!

Last time i checked the guy that took off at the lights at a million miles an hour got to the next set of lights a little quicke but still had to wait (speed limit is 60 of course). Many others im sure would agree, even though it seems many people on this board are of the opposite opinion to myself.

I havent written this to offend anyone, and it is the first time i have ever with anyone (including mates) have said something of this nature.

At the end of the day its personal opinion, and whatever your happy with should dictate what you do, 20's or no 20's / VIP whatever else anyone wants to name anything!

Cheers :D

taccord12
16-10-2008, 11:37 PM
personal preference. i'm thinking of getting 20s myself (VIP look), but if i was to, i wouldn't just pick up random brands, i mean yeah sure it hardly matters as long as it looks good, but i mean if u're going for the VIP look, might as well get VIP brands, right? Not getting rims anytime soon as my CU2's too new, might wait a while but i'm thinking of Giovanna brand wheels. If you got the money, Asanti lmao, hands down nicest VIP rims imo, but yeah just my 2cents

tony1234
17-10-2008, 06:16 AM
IMO.20s are too big,decent rubber costs a lot more than 17s or 18s,ride quality and handling is compromised so why do it apart from looks :confused:

taccord12
17-10-2008, 10:56 AM
IMO.20s are too big,decent rubber costs a lot more than 17s or 18s,ride quality and handling is compromised so why do it apart from looks :confused:

yeah there really is no reason to do it apart from looks

stephen8512
17-10-2008, 11:04 AM

valid point....
the thing is, for most people who get 20's on this type of car its all ABOUT the looks and nothing else. think about it. who gets a euro and put 20's on to take it to the track around wakefield? if you do, then you're some strange kind of idiot...
lebDM cars (i.e fancy candy paintwork etc) prob costs more and if u get a chip or scratches on the paint it's harder to colour match just that one little bit without making it looking lighter/darker than the rest of the car but at the end of the day, its all about the looks. sacrifices are necessary to achieve any type of look. I can say the same thing about, say, coilovers. It compromises ride quality compared to the stockers, if you have a bodykit you will need to be careful not to scrape, but after its all said and done, its more for the stance (or the look) of the car to get rid of that massive wheel gap you may have had, even if it means ur ass having to suffer in the driver seat a little bit more when going over bumps and shit on crap roads

now im personally more of a JDM fan than bling but I love both and it all comes down to the car as well. if you have, say, a R34 GTR, i personally would not put candy paint on it and put chromies on it or whatever. If I had, say, a euro or a Merc, I'd be more inclined to put bigger rims and have it "stand out" than spend money on tuning it when 1) parts many not be as mainstream and will involve a lot of risk taking trialling new parts and you being the test guinea pig and 2) why try and turn a luxury car/luxury looking car into a street racer?

Suntzu
17-10-2008, 11:06 AM
WTF is VIP anyway?

.QD
17-10-2008, 01:39 PM
WTF is VIP anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VIP_style

George euro
17-10-2008, 10:54 PM

HERE WE go with mr negative towards every1 who has 20s and their UNPRACTICAL RIDES whateva i dont get people like u gets so upset over every1 elses taste, alwayz finding u being negative on these forums thank god every1 else is cool on these forums, ANYWAYZ id have to go with pauly man i recon the new euro on 22 will look insane and i think it will fit they r so fat n look like the have so much more room than my shape

snYpz
17-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Yeah each to their own. By the way George euro, have some full stops in ur posts cos have to catch my breath several times while reading it lol :p

kitbkk
17-10-2008, 11:47 PM
+1... Each to their own.
But I still dont like the idea of calling sexspec VIP style though....

stephen8512
18-10-2008, 01:27 AM
+1... Each to their own.
But I still dont like the idea of calling sexspec VIP style though....

sexspec isnt VIP imo......although VIP can be considered sexspec, sexspec cannot be considered VIP in most cases....

tony1234
18-10-2008, 07:20 AM
Agree with the other guys, each to his own,it's your car so whatever turns you on but 20s are not for me.BTW what's sexspec???

George euro
18-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Yeah each to their own. By the way George euro, have some full stops in ur posts cos have to catch my breath several times while reading it lol :p

lol sorry about that dont want u to suffer tryiing to read my comments lol .............. :)

snYpz
18-10-2008, 07:36 AM
^ hahah no probs George.

Tony, i think sexspec is anything that isnt jdm! ... lol nah not sure either :p

Suntzu
18-10-2008, 07:43 AM
HERE WE go with mr negative towards every1 who has 20s and their UNPRACTICAL RIDES whateva i dont get people like u gets so upset over every1 elses taste, alwayz finding u being negative on these forums thank god every1 else is cool on these forums, ANYWAYZ id have to go with pauly man i recon the new euro on 22 will look insane and i think it will fit they r so fat n look like the have so much more room than my shape

You dont have to agree with me George. That's the point of a forum to express a different point of view. Dont post if you only desire positive reinforcement. Theres some straight shooters on Ozhonda and sometimes you got to suck a few stray rounds up.;)

Many of us don't believe dumping massive rims on a relatively inexpensive 4 cylinder car is really in the spirit of VIP. More in the spirit of the VL.:zip: ( lets hope the CL9 isnt the new VL now a used one is affordable)

From what I've seen VIP is more suited to a 300C than a CL9 Euro. Dumping massive rims doesnt allow you to bandy around acronyms like VIP or sexpspec like they are going out of fashion or whatever the fk comes up next.

I'm not Mr Negative at all. I personally believe I have contributed a lot to this forum over the last 3.5 years. Its just lately that there has been a lot of this "omg wat i i put 22 inch riims on da euro, sex VIP style FTW" and that gets me being very blunt.

bodaas
18-10-2008, 08:59 AM
its about your own taste,

i really like to put whatever size rim that really fits the body size of the car

personally i dont use 20's rims to modify all the car to be looks good

for example, if i own s2k i probably would go with 18" max 19, eg civic i would go with 15" max 16", euro and new accord yes, i would go 20's, and so on,

euro with jdm looks hard to tell, looks ok if its euro R inside

because if jdm looks - peformance = i always call it w*nker

jdm looks + peformance = :thumbsup:

kitbkk
18-10-2008, 11:46 PM
I dont wanna say much man..most people still dont get it.
sexspec is what you see everyday on the streets here is OZ... candy paint, oversized chromie rims, and mostly these rims are from tempe tyres, ozzytyres, bob jane etc...
VIP style is originally from Japan.. mostly about camber, super low cars with both coilovers and airsuss.
Like Stephen says secspec is not VIP style...300c is not VIP style...
to call cars here with 20" wheels VIP is just not right.
this is my 2c anyway..

taccord12
20-10-2008, 08:59 PM
From what I've seen VIP is more suited to a 300C than a CL9 Euro. Dumping massive rims doesnt allow you to bandy around acronyms like VIP or sexpspec like they are going out of fashion or whatever the fk comes up next.

I'm not Mr Negative at all. I personally believe I have contributed a lot to this forum over the last 3.5 years. Its just lately that there has been a lot of this "omg wat i i put 22 inch riims on da euro, sex VIP style FTW" and that gets me being very blunt.

Suntzu, i can see where u're coming from. But hey i mean it's like everything else, u'd see girls chasing after handbag & fashion brands like LV, chanel, and they'll still go and buy one and carry it out, while they're wearing tops and jeans from some unknown brand. it happens with everything really, people follow trends, dumping big rims on accord euro isn't so bad, at least it's a lot better than other things on the streets, like people with stock lancer dumping rims, stock excel, jazz and things like that.

Crapdaz
21-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Suntzu, i can see where u're coming from. But hey i mean it's like everything else, u'd see girls chasing after handbag & fashion brands like LV, chanel, and they'll still go and buy one and carry it out, while they're wearing tops and jeans from some unknown brand. it happens with everything really, people follow trends, dumping big rims on accord euro isn't so bad, at least it's a lot better than other things on the streets, like people with stock lancer dumping rims, stock excel, jazz and things like that.

and the lancer with the mugen decal! puahahahha

snYpz
21-10-2008, 08:47 AM

hahahah yeh that cracks me up all the time. Seen corollas and funnily enough, an xr8 with a type r badge lol

.QD
21-10-2008, 10:41 AM

hahaha, ive seen that. "TRD" on a Civic and Mugen on a Corolla... that was a "wtf moment".

mr747
21-10-2008, 11:21 AM
22s will look sex hard do it do it

taccord12
21-10-2008, 11:40 AM
hahahah yeh that cracks me up all the time. Seen corollas and funnily enough, an xr8 with a type r badge lol

lmao that's gold. XR8 powered by VTECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

George euro
21-10-2008, 03:10 PM
i still hold firm on my word i recon go for 22s man, if u really wanted SPORTS or what every1 else refers to all this crap, really a euro is NOT a fast car sorry to break some peoples pride but their simple not they go OK so id say their suit 20s etc than trying to put little rims and get this great handlin and so on when u can just go ahead and buy a wrx lol, just my opinion tho.

Suntzu
21-10-2008, 04:48 PM
So, by your own logic George:

Its not a sport car ( of which a WRX is the benchmark apparently)so we should not mod it to increase performance handling.

Therefore:

Its not s VIP car ( not by any definition of VIP) so why put stupidly big rims on it? It will never be a VIP car so why dump/rim it?

Again, I'm applying your own logic.

FYI George we are NOT WRX types at the Euro forum if you havent worked out yet so using WRX as a reference is just giving us more insight about you not us. And if you cant handle posts of more than 2 sentences forums might not be the best place for you to get your info. Some reading is required.

George euro
21-10-2008, 09:27 PM
So, by your own logic George:

Its not a sport car ( of which a WRX is the benchmark apparently)so we should not mod it to increase performance handling.

Therefore:

Its not s VIP car ( not by any definition of VIP) so why put stupidly big rims on it? It will never be a VIP car so why dump/rim it?

Again, I'm applying your own logic.

FYI George we are NOT WRX types at the Euro forum if you havent worked out yet so using WRX as a reference is just giving us more insight about you not us. And if you cant handle posts of more than 2 sentences forums might not be the best place for you to get your info. Some reading is required.

dont slip off the topic and start being a smart ass with ur comments about me reading thats just immature mate. really need to grow up. some reading is required na u reckon? talk bout cars argue about them all u like its normal its part of the forum but dont be a smart ass directly to ME thats just low mate seriosly, should be a little more mature than that

oh and by the way u really gota get over ur VIP crap u keep crying about because i have never mentioned that referance to my car so u might wanna get ur facts right to before u go ahead and keep making a fool of urself to the wrong person. i never knew ur only allowed to the CERTAIN things to wat u classify each car as
sorry its not VIP ill take the rims off i didnt know im not allowed to do that haha,,,

and why dump it BECAUSE I LIKE IT SIMPLE!!!! :) sorrry that comment was more than 2 sentances long btw

George euro
21-10-2008, 09:32 PM

ANYWAyz on a more postive and friendly note, how are u going with your choice in rims champ? made any decisions or progress yet?

mr747
22-10-2008, 07:47 AM
tooo much tension in here

Suntzu
22-10-2008, 08:09 AM
dont slip off the topic and start being a smart ass with ur comments about me reading thats just immature mate. really need to grow up. some reading is required na u reckon? talk bout cars argue about them all u like its normal its part of the forum but dont be a smart ass directly to ME thats just low mate seriosly, should be a little more mature than that

oh and by the way u really gota get over ur VIP crap u keep crying about because i have never mentioned that referance to my car so u might wanna get ur facts right to before u go ahead and keep making a fool of urself to the wrong person. i never knew ur only allowed to the CERTAIN things to wat u classify each car as
sorry its not VIP ill take the rims off i didnt know im not allowed to do that haha,,,

and why dump it BECAUSE I LIKE IT SIMPLE!!!! :) sorrry that comment was more than 2 sentances long btw

George, you are so lame. On the preceeding page, you made a comment about me posting an "essay" when I responded to something stupid you said. Now I see you have gone back and edited you post and deleted the post that you made.

Thats so sad that you have to edit your posts just so you attack me on this page. I was only responding to your comment about your inability to comprehend 6 lines, which by your own admission was to too hard for you.

So dont give me this "im attacking you, oh your so immature" bullshit. If you cant handle a normal discussion then leave.

Stand by what you say or shut up. Its not complicated.

/end ownage

George euro
22-10-2008, 08:25 AM
that got deleted a long time before u put up this post. once again wrong facts, i dont go on ozhonda to argue with people like u, so goodluck. enjoy now im getting back to the topic of this forum not about your one sided views. i will be the more mature one and end this arguement to argree on our own views. i have better things to do than argue like a kid mate. so find some1 else to argue with. sorry to bore u

George euro
22-10-2008, 08:26 AM
tooo much tension in here

dw the tension will end quiet sad :p

Bigpauly2788
22-10-2008, 09:03 AM
90&#37; of the time if you see a car slammed on 20s + rims a wog is driving :D

ps. im an arab.

felixd
22-10-2008, 09:54 AM
LOL !!! another fight in here!!!

George euro
22-10-2008, 04:16 PM
90&#37; of the time if you see a car slammed on 20s + rims a wog is driving :D

ps. im an arab.

lmaoo agree there, wogs drop their cars to the ground and most asians do them up for performance hehehe i can see the tension, :p heheh nuting against any1 tho lol

felixd
22-10-2008, 04:20 PM
LOL who cares as long as the car looks right thats all it matters :) VIP Or JDM NOR SECXSPEC OR EUROed :D all kewl

EUR003act
22-10-2008, 05:40 PM
90% of the time if you see a car slammed on 20s + rims a wog is driving :D

ps. im an arab.

haha agree +1....

nothing against wogs tho... :thumbsup:

90% of JDM / rice hondas you see are driven by an asian :p

nothing against asians ether... :thumbsup:

George euro
22-10-2008, 05:48 PM
lol who cares as long as the car looks right thats all it matters :) vip or jdm nor secxspec or euroed :d all kewl

its people like u i like, lol very simple 100&#37; backup theirmate hehehe all cool we all love our cars! :)

and EUR003act yeah man its tru aye with the wog and asians style lmao nothing against any one but yh heheh :)

EUR003act
22-10-2008, 05:59 PM
its people like u i like, lol very simple 100% backup theirmate hehehe all cool we all love our cars! :)

and EUR003act yeah man its tru aye with the wog and asians style lmao nothing against any one but yh heheh :)

lol i just feel out of place... im not wog or asian!

how should i style my car? :confused:

lol jokes jokes JDM FTW!

but yeah, each to their own, when it comes down to it, its your car! do what you want with it! :cool:

.QD
22-10-2008, 07:31 PM
So is this thread back to normal? Do what ever your happy with, it's your car, your money, your wheels. The CU2 is huge/wide, I'd stick 20's on it and DUMP it with Airrunner... if I had $$.

Now on the CL9 I'd go max 19's, People not liking 20's on a Euro is like me thinking how stupid people are with wasting money on replacing the OEM 17" wheels with an aftermarket 17" and most of the ones I see (even on this forum) is uglier than the stock one too!

Skimp on wheels but blow it all on performance, for what? So you can drive your car to work. There are genuine people that use the performance mods and actually track and so on, but there's others that use "JDM" as an excuse for being a brand-wh0re ricer.

Man, if Tempe/Ozzy knew what customer service was, I'd probably be on 20's too. But I prefer 19's and jap wheels these days. Everyone is different and not everyone will agree with what you like.

At the end of the day, you do what you like and do it what ever style you like.

That's my 2c.

George euro
22-10-2008, 09:22 PM
At the end of the day, you do what you like and do it what ever style you like.

That's my 2c.

couldnt agree with u more, my customer service was good it was neither of those people that y i got 20s lol :p

George euro
22-10-2008, 09:22 PM
lol i just feel out of place... im not wog or asian!

how should i style my car? :confused:

lol jokes jokes JDM FTW!

but yeah, each to their own, when it comes down to it, its your car! do what you want with it! :cool:

lol hmmm an inbetween hehe u gotta come up with a new style man loll be creative

taccord12
23-10-2008, 12:20 AM
speaking of arab and wrx (no offence to neither of them) saw an arab girl i think she was... driving a WRX with masssiveee rims, but the thing is she didn't lower it enough, so it kinda felt like a mini monster truck lmao, bad taste on the rim as well, god it was quite funny!

but yeah nah it really comes down to personal preference, good thing about the euro is it can be done however u like, jdm, vip, u could probably stick a TRD sticker on it and it'd look good. that's the beauty about this car <3

TALEB TYRES
23-10-2008, 01:16 AM
Its great that both worlds agree to disagree, i mean for example ive catered for the same car, first time round the guy put a set of black/chrome 20's on it, then came back later on and put a set of 18" ultralight enkeis on it, so its all about what YOU want, not what others will think.

Theres quite a few ways to style your car, and its obvious if your just conforming to someone elses image of that 'style', or if you do it caus you like it
you should see the looks i get when i drive my r34 around chinatown/haymarket,
i think some people there get very cut seeing a guy like me driving a simply executed, i guess jdm styled car like mine :), while others love the fact it hasnt been destroyed by trying to conform to a certain style(ie boy-racer, sexspec....)

if ur serious about upsizing your 08 accord,
and standing out is your thing,
if you want to go for 22's...step into my office ;).

tony1234
23-10-2008, 04:57 PM
How do you guys(mainly bigpauly and george euro)go with insurance and getting defected by cops?I thought that you could only go +2 size larger than stock wheels eg.stock euro CL9 16" so only can go 18s and also ride height?I thought you must have minimum 100mm ground clearance?My euro is lowered approx.35-40mm and i'd only just scrape through if my car had to go over the pits to get checked for compliance.:)

George euro
23-10-2008, 05:09 PM
How do you guys(mainly bigpauly and george euro)go with insurance and getting defected by cops?I thought that you could only go +2 size larger than stock wheels eg.stock euro CL9 16" so only can go 18s and also ride height?I thought you must have minimum 100mm ground clearance?My euro is lowered approx.35-40mm and i'd only just scrape through if my car had to go over the pits to get checked for compliance.:)

police touch wood i have been pulled over 5 times now and let off every time with a warning "watch out for high way patrols mate" but my main concern is insurance man it is an issue, i told GIO i have twenties and they said YEP therefore they know, then i told them ok the car is lowered the girl said YEP lol and that was it, therefore thats her problem she didnt specify about how low i need to go nothing i told her the truth and that all that matters in my point of view, but yes i am worried if i smash they will not conver me but hopfully i have the chance the lift it a little but, but its on the policy man

tony1234
23-10-2008, 05:14 PM
police touch wood i have been pulled over 5 times now and let off every time with a warning "watch out for high way patrols mate" but my main concern is insurance man it is an issue, i told GIO i have twenties and they said YEP therefore they know, then i told them ok the car is lowered the girl said YEP lol and that was it, therefore thats her problem she didnt specify about how low i need to go nothing i told her the truth and that all that matters in my point of view, but yes i am worried if i smash they will not conver me but hopfully i have the chance the lift it a little but, but its on the policy man
As long you told insurance and it's stated on the policy(mine is)then you're in the clear.It'd pay to check that it is just in case.

Crapdaz
23-10-2008, 05:42 PM
insurance is going to F*** you up mate, if you don't specify to them the specifics, IT is your responsibility to confirm with the insurance company on how low you can go before it breaches their policy.

I am not covered either george, NRMA only covers if you drop 3cm from stock height.

FOOOOOOOKIN SUXXXXX BALLLSSSSZZZZ!!!! :thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

.QD
23-10-2008, 08:09 PM
insurance is going to F*** you up mate, if you don't specify to them the specifics, IT is your responsibility to confirm with the insurance company on how low you can go before it breaches their policy.

I am not covered either george, NRMA only covers if you drop 3cm from stock height.

FOOOOOOOKIN SUXXXXX BALLLSSSSZZZZ!!!! :thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

Yup, NRMA sucks with their 3cm drop and if you dont report it they will use it against you when it totally doesnt make sense just to get out of paying or fixing your car, like my mates car, he had 17" wheels and was lowered. One day the garden at his work caught on fire, parked next to it, rear side of the car got burned.

And NRMA told him that he had non standard wheels and lowered, its not on our records, so you claim is void, we aint getting it fixed.

In the end they paid for the car to be fixed, then cancelled his comprehensive policy.

George euro
23-10-2008, 08:52 PM

i know what u mean but i was thining worst case scanario i told them its lowered that said ok ? they didnt ask how low? i bought the car that way for all they know and i immediatly told them they way i bought it LOWERED lol feeling me? (i done it up ,my self btw but they dont need to know that)

TALEB TYRES
23-10-2008, 09:28 PM
2cm rule is a myth used by many ignorant cops and so on.

its all about rolling diameter, and width. have a look at the rta standards its all there.

And in re to the insurance, it depends on your insurer, ie im with justcar, and as long as its LEGAL and they know about it its fine, ie you can tell them the car is lowered and they will cover you, but you must still adhere to road standards...

i know some insurers dont let you change your wheels at all even if theyre the same size.

power_of_dreams
23-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Did you ring up or do it online to update mods with insurance?

tony1234
24-10-2008, 06:14 AM
Did you ring up or do it online to update mods with insurance?
Best to ring up.

tony1234
24-10-2008, 06:17 AM
2cm rule is a myth used by many ignorant cops and so on.

its all about rolling diameter, and width. have a look at the rta standards its all there.

And in re to the insurance, it depends on your insurer, ie im with justcar, and as long as its LEGAL and they know about it its fine, ie you can tell them the car is lowered and they will cover you, but you must still adhere to road standards...

i know some insurers dont let you change your wheels at all even if theyre the same size.
I'm with AAMI,same deal,if it's legal and it's noted on your policy you're OK.NRMA are shit,i wouldn't insure a pushbike with them,heard too many negative reports about them.:thumbdwn:

vte18c
24-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Problem is George.. Customer service and claims are two different departments. Somewhere in your contract will be a clause regarding modifications, thats what I would be sticking to.. forget what customer service tells you on the phone, when it comes time to claim.. they hide behind the contract to the last letter. For example they might argue that although it was listed on your policy it has been later found to NOT comply to ADR's as listed in the insurance policy.
IMO they would still have to prove the mods caused the accident.. you could always argue against it, might get messy though.

felixd
24-10-2008, 10:38 AM
hey hey talking about insurance will AAMI insure my accord euro the only mod ive done is exhaust, header, add lip kit on thats all ? will i have to call em up and tell them what accesories ive got ??? and will it effect my insurance costs ?
thanks

Ken-f
24-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Why don't you just call?? It's the safest option. I dun think any of us here work for AAMI, so i'd call.

vte18c
24-10-2008, 11:03 AM
hey hey talking about insurance will AAMI insure my accord euro the only mod ive done is exhaust, header, add lip kit on thats all ? will i have to call em up and tell them what accesories ive got ??? and will it effect my insurance costs ?
thanks

does this look like AAMI customer service department to you? am I an attractive brunette in a red suit? NO. hehe

felixd
24-10-2008, 11:10 AM
LOL i just need an opinion not "that" LOL but thats kinda funny stuff LOL !!! are they all brunnete LOL hahahahaha

vte18c
24-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Yeah man havent u seen the ad.. they are all hot brunettes in red suits with red lipstick.. works for me.. thats why I am with AAMI.. all the blondes work for suncorp... which explains why their premiums are twice as much, blondes are higher maintenance, just ask my fiance.. who is in fact blonde, and high maintenance. :wave:

Atjo
24-10-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm with AAMI and AAMI only allowed you to declare up to 3 mods.

George euro
24-10-2008, 05:30 PM
ok ok guys this is giving me a head ace lol, can i clarify something yes i understand about the policy it must be legal and so on BUT can they simple reject ur claim because its ILLEGAL or only if they can prove it caused the crash?

George euro
24-10-2008, 05:39 PM
ok guys GOOD NEWS i called up gio and spoke to them, i said im calling in regards to my car i have told them it is lowered and has 20 inch rims if i smash it is it covered? or can they say NO SORRY THATS TOO LOW he said no if the car has been put on a policy that means we have accepted it the way it is and he has to HONOR the policy, i said what about if the rta or police classify it as a defect tho? BECAUSE its more than 1 inch etc ? does it matter he said no the bottom line is u told us its lowerred and we have acepted the car like that even if its classified as the cause of the accident the bottom line is WE ACCEPTED THE POLICY AND HAVE TO HONOR IT so what i said guys is go with GIO!

Ken-f
24-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Thats good to hear. to be supersafe tho, I'd call back again and speak to another person.

tony1234
25-10-2008, 07:06 AM
ok guys GOOD NEWS i called up gio and spoke to them, i said im calling in regards to my car i have told them it is lowered and has 20 inch rims if i smash it is it covered? or can they say NO SORRY THATS TOO LOW he said no if the car has been put on a policy that means we have accepted it the way it is and he has to HONOR the policy, i said what about if the rta or police classify it as a defect tho? BECAUSE its more than 1 inch etc ? does it matter he said no the bottom line is u told us its lowerred and we have acepted the car like that even if its classified as the cause of the accident the bottom line is WE ACCEPTED THE POLICY AND HAVE TO HONOR IT so what i said guys is go with GIO!
Hmmm,interesting.The thing that has me concerned is he stated your car is still covered even if it is lowered more than legal limit and you have 20s.I'd want that in writing.

TALEB TYRES
25-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Hmmm,interesting.The thing that has me concerned is he stated your car is still covered even if it is lowered more than legal limit and you have 20s.I'd want that in writing.

ditto, ask for name, contact no, and a fax or signed article with that info,

Becuase im pretty sure if you read the fine print you would still have to comply with road regulations.
ie, would you be able to get proper rego(not your mechanic mate), with the car as it is?(is it roadworhty).

George euro
25-10-2008, 03:03 PM
yeah it didnt sound right but im not going to keep stressing over it touch wood i wont crash if i do i will have to argue u it if need be. worst case scenario. but im just going to leave it at that for now