PDA

View Full Version : Post up ur audio setups in your jazz

redmugenjazz
06-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Hey, i'm thinking of installing a stereo system on my jazz. Could i get some suggestions/pikies from all those jazz enthusiasts out there.

dyljoy
06-10-2008, 09:14 PM
bro, u can visit the site i show here below, they all talking about jazz and have a audio section for your aiming to, cheers
http://www.ausjazz.org/forum/index.php

redmugenjazz
06-10-2008, 10:01 PM
thanks yo

kelvinthai
06-10-2008, 10:22 PM
yeah sound proof the car. Make a big difference.. and change those paper cup speakers..

redmugenjazz
07-10-2008, 07:49 PM
btw, do i need new pods for the woffers in the front doors? if so where can i find some

4thGenExi
07-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Soundproof the complete and utter fercuck out of the car, the panels are wafer thin. Don't be put off by the integrated headunit, Honda actually make a factory double DIN trim kit, and most reputable car audio outlets would be able to get their hands on one for you. If you want to install amps, you have 2 options: under the back seats or in the boot as there's zero room under the driver or passenger seat.

The front doors accept most 6.5in splits, depth is not an issue. I would mount tweeters in those little windows below the A pillars, if you want to make it look nice you can just put limo tint on the window glass and build a custom pod.

I would not put anything larger than a single 10inch sub in a Jazz, cos it's a tiny car. If you don't want to modify the spare tyre well, then a single 10 in a prefab box sitting in the boot would sound very nice.

(btw I have an '07 Jazz and was planning on doing all of this, except the girlfriend would amputate something if I went and blew another 6k on a stereo) :)

dyljoy
07-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Good advice here, 4tGenExi. do u think let's do the soundproof outside or DIY? what budget would we looking at?

redmugenjazz
07-10-2008, 09:57 PM
yea, good point 4thgenexi, i'm thinking sticking a 4 ch amp and monoblock in the spare tyre compartment cause dats the only place where it won't be treaded on by passengers.lol. The double din already cost 200 and if i do get it i have to fork out 500ish for a new HU. so i';m planning splits and amp for now (500 each), sub, hu and monoblock later. For soundproofing, i'm a cheap uni student so i go DIY and save $$$ for the stereo.
Btw, should i run the sub off the 2 ch ( from a 4 ch amp) bridged and save the other 2 for the splits or buy a 2 ch amp for splits and monoblock for sub.

dyljoy
08-10-2008, 12:17 AM
I will go for plan B, 2 ch amp for splits and monoblock for sub, if you want even better SQ, i will suggest 4 ch amp for splits, coz it will use each ch to support each tweeter and mid bass, but it is ur own decision to made. GL with great mod on your personal entertainment, bro

4thGenExi
08-10-2008, 04:51 AM
What you're talking about dyljoy is going active instead of passive amplification on the splits. For car audio applications I see no real tangible benefit in doing this, most crossovers on splits these days are more than adequate. For home hifi, yes active approach works very well. What I did in my last system was use 2x 2 channel amps bridged, one to run each front door. Still ran in passive mode but each woofer/tweeter was receiving about 400w RMS. I'd recommend feeding splits more power passively instead of going active.

If you want to get the doors professionally sound deadened, most places use Stinger roadkill or Dynamat/Tacmat products (or a combination of both if you're going all out). For front doors only, it'll probably be at least $300-$400 including labour. Only DIY if you know exactly what you're doing and how to get the door skins off, there's quite a bit of wiring to work around.

Btw, should i run the sub off the 2 ch ( from a 4 ch amp) bridged and save the other 2 for the splits or buy a 2 ch amp for splits and monoblock for sub.

What you first suggested is ideal - 4ch amp running sub and front splits. Having 2 separate amps means extra wiring costs (RCA leads/power cable/another fuse/mounting the 2nd amp - it all adds up).

It gets a bit expensive modding the stereo in a Jazz, but the results would be worth it. And yeah those double DIN trim kits cost a few hundred dollars. Headunits however, are almost stupid value for money. $400 can get you a decent brand (Alpine/Eclipse), 3 preouts, extensive tuning capabilities and full iPOD control.

dyljoy
08-10-2008, 04:59 AM
ok, I may do the soundproof by myself, save heaps of money. and do u think do it before update the speaker or do it at the same time?

dyljoy
08-10-2008, 05:01 AM
Good point, bro. and not only cost more $$ to run 2 amp, but also use 1 amp would save space for small car like jazz.

What you're talking about dyljoy is going active instead of passive amplification on the splits. For car audio applications I see no real tangible benefit in doing this, most crossovers on splits these days are more than adequate. For home hifi, yes active approach works very well. What I did in my last system was use 2x 2 channel amps bridged, one to run each front door. Still ran in passive mode but each woofer/tweeter was receiving about 400w RMS. I'd recommend feeding splits more power passively instead of going active.

If you want to get the doors professionally sound deadened, most places use Stinger roadkill or Dynamat/Tacmat products (or a combination of both if you're going all out). For front doors only, it'll probably be at least $300-$400 including labour. Only DIY if you know exactly what you're doing and how to get the door skins off, there's quite a bit of wiring to work around.

What you first suggested is ideal - 4ch amp running sub and front splits. Having 2 separate amps means extra wiring costs (RCA leads/power cable/another fuse/mounting the 2nd amp - it all adds up).

It gets a bit expensive modding the stereo in a Jazz, but the results would be worth it. And yeah those double DIN trim kits cost a few hundred dollars. Headunits however, are almost stupid value for money. $400 can get you a decent brand (Alpine/Eclipse), 3 preouts, extensive tuning capabilities and full iPOD control.

sassy_fit_vtit
08-10-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm running 2 10" alpine Type-S subs off an alpine mono block, the standard speaker are running off a clarion 4channel amp. Atm all audio is running off the standard HU, i also have a blaupunkt dvd player hooked up to 2 5.4" moniters mounted on the back seat headrest (was thinking about a custom boot install but that got side tracked) and a 10.2" clarion roof mount.

I'll post pics when if i can find them on my comp

redmugenjazz
08-10-2008, 08:43 PM
yea man, i preety much diy my car by now, wheels, kit, intake, hids, etc etc, so nothing's stopping me trying to diy soundproof the doors (even if i fail - :P). so going with what 4th gen exi sed, ie run the whole system off the single amp. What amp do you guys recomend to power focal k2 100 krs series splits. and i'm thinking of installing some jl 12 inch sub (proboly around 500 ish watts) and installing an alpine cde 9882ri head later on during uni holidays.

redmugenjazz
08-10-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm running 2 10" alpine Type-S subs off an alpine mono block, the standard speaker are running off a clarion 4channel amp. Atm all audio is running off the standard HU, i also have a blaupunkt dvd player hooked up to 2 5.4" moniters mounted on the back seat headrest (was thinking about a custom boot install but that got side tracked) and a 10.2" clarion roof mount.

I'll post pics when if i can find them on my comp

nice, dats the setup i'm thinking to do but i gotta see how much my budget allows me to go with 2 amps. btw do you drive a silver turboed jazz around inala? i see you around

4thGenExi
08-10-2008, 09:25 PM
ok, I may do the soundproof by myself, save heaps of money. and do u think do it before update the speaker or do it at the same time?

Are you still running the stock speakers (which are sh!t) ? If you are then not much point deadening the doors just yet. Wait till you have decent splits in there.

sassy_fit_vtit
08-10-2008, 09:28 PM
nice, dats the setup i'm thinking to do but i gotta see how much my budget allows me to go with 2 amps. btw do you drive a silver turboed jazz around inala? i see you around
Yeps, thats me :)

dyljoy
08-10-2008, 10:09 PM
I still using the stock speaker atm, but i will get the dash kit for aftermarket HU next week, and then i will upgrade the sound system and do the soundproofing at the same time.

Are you still running the stock speakers (which are sh!t) ? If you are then not much point deadening the doors just yet. Wait till you have decent splits in there.

redmugenjazz
08-10-2008, 10:39 PM
yea i'm gonnna keep them rears, soundproof the front when i get the focals. I'm still lost with which 4 ch amp to use to power all the gear.

redmugenjazz
09-10-2008, 10:08 PM
i had a look at northfield today n had a look at the audio system s4260 4 x 65 rms amp (Class a/b) for $600 and alpine pdx 4.100 class d amp for the same price. My main concern is about clarity for the splits if i were to run either of the amp. would a class a/b be better quality than a class d amp interms of SQ?. So would i be able to distinguish the difference? Also JB also had a JL 500x1 mono block for $400 and some alpine v power amp (not sure what model) 75w x 4 for $350. Should i buy this instead of the PDX series or Audio System s4260) amp if there's not much audio difference between them. I'm gonna run the IDQ 10" and Focal KP2 so what amp would you guys recommend getting?

dyljoy
09-10-2008, 10:16 PM
hi, can u tell me what is your budget to get amp?
btw, idq10 and kp2 are very good choice.

redmugenjazz
09-10-2008, 11:46 PM
hi, can u tell me what is your budget to get amp?
btw, idq10 and kp2 are very good choice.

yea, i heard it in the store, imo they're way bassier than the focal 12's subs. amp budget is around 500-600 mark max. But like i sed, i'm noob so i dunt noe if a 350 alpine amp bridge would make much of a difference on SQ from the splits compared the above mentioned amps. I'm thinking of buying the jl amp to be used with the idq10.

dyljoy
10-10-2008, 12:25 AM
Alpine Amp should be good enough for your price range. Which northfield store u have been to? I visited moorooka one yesterday, and they recon me to take PDX4.150 to power up the dynaudio 242 and IDQ10, after i listen the exactly same setting in staff's car, I am very impress the outcome. No sure PDX 4.100 would do the great job like its brother PDX 4.150, but i think should be fine.

redmugenjazz
10-10-2008, 03:37 PM
i think i go with the pdx4.100. 900 on an amp seems too :l So i guess u checked out andrew's liberty? he mentioned about someone earlier on that day buying a setup for a jazz, think it was you then. so did you get ur system yet?

dyljoy
10-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Ya. It is me, and the sound system setup in andrew's liberty is awesome. I have to wait for the dash kit which allow me to update to aftermarket HU coming next week(hope so). and then I will start to build up the sound system.

dyljoy
10-10-2008, 04:05 PM
redmugenjazz, if u don't mind get 2nd hand gear with nice price. i can suggest u to have a look at http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au/. and u can know more about car sound there.

4thGenExi
11-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Isn't Andrew running Tru Tech amps in his Liberty? No wonder it sounds bloody good.

My choice between the Alpine PDX amps or the Audio System would be Audio System, in my opinion they have better tonal quality than a PDX.

dyljoy
11-10-2008, 02:45 PM
as i know, he told me he using PDX4.150 to run up the system, and the sound pretty good. I think he do a fine tune after set up. and he suggest me set up the same sound system in my car, after some consideration, i do a bit update over PDX.

redmugenjazz
12-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Nah, andrew's got something new now, he sold his tru tech amp from his liberty to one of the techs at northfield. I just bought an Audio System f2 500 off him the other day cause he just installed the tru techs to his lancer.

redmugenjazz
12-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Isn't Andrew running Tru Tech amps in his Liberty? No wonder it sounds bloody good.

My choice between the Alpine PDX amps or the Audio System would be Audio System, in my opinion they have better tonal quality than a PDX.

agree, the Audio System specs are excellent compared to most class d amps within this family.

dyljoy
12-10-2008, 09:35 PM
oic, when will u install your system, and share ur result with us, thx

redmugenjazz
12-10-2008, 09:58 PM
yea sure thing, i just got the amp now, i hope the entire setup will be done during the end of semester break.

dyljoy
12-10-2008, 10:02 PM
ok, cool, i hope mine can be done in next two wk

sassy_fit_vtit
21-10-2008, 06:43 PM
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2071/mybootzo2.th.jpg (http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mybootzo2.jpg)http://img186.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

finally found a pic of my boot.

dyljoy
22-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Finally, my sound system's upgrade completed. Done by Northfieldmoorooka. They are nice and professional, highly recommend. here are some pic:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3067/2964126030_dfd4c6d431_b.jpg

as u can see, the OEM double din dash kit not 100% fit aftermarket HU, they need to do some custom work, but outcome is superb, look like OEM.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3174/2963283419_1c94f5cde9_b.jpg

here is the pic of my boot space. they did a great job on sub box, look like OEM with boot, and I still can use my magic seat and take the spare wheel out, Nice!

redmugenjazz
22-10-2008, 08:23 PM
nice setup did you get ur dyns installed aswell?

dyljoy
22-10-2008, 08:36 PM
ya, i did, as u can see at the first pic, the midbass locate at OEM speaker position and tweeter locate at kick panel.