PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Side Aircond Leak

b4dnuf
09-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Hey people.
Recently with the change of weather the aircond has been used.
On hot days I Notice water leaking from under the glove box and it has to do with the aircond.
Could a drain be clogged?
it leakes onto the passenger floor and it only happens when the aircond has been running for a while.
Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

MRGRIM
12-10-2008, 05:15 AM
woo hoo

your spot on dude its just the drain it probly blocked with dust n stuff

not to big a deal to clean out

ECU-MAN
13-10-2008, 08:05 AM
refit the drain tube from the evaporator

dwn_boi
13-10-2008, 08:08 AM
mi advise wud be to do it asap!!

my dad had a leaky aircon into the passanger side and left it for about a mnth coz he didnt know, it ended up rusting the floor and the car smelt putrid from moudly carpet!!!

he got it repaired but same thing happend again :( let me know how u fixed this issue please :D

EK9
13-10-2008, 08:29 AM
just stick your head underneath... it could be as easy as a loose drain tube or similar. similar happened to me a few yrs back, someone kicked the tube out :rolleyes:

b4dnuf
13-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the advise.
Will have a look at it and either fix the tube or clear the drain hole.

ks_87
05-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Bringing back an old post.
I started having the same problem, but ive noticed that it pretty much pisses water out when i turn kinda sharply and accelerate, but only drips now and then otherwise.... when i sharp turn and accelerate out, i can actually hear wind/air pushing the water out or something.
any ideas? would it be the drain tube again?

ks_87
05-01-2011, 08:12 PM
found that the drain tube was kinked up from the inside the cabin, straightened it up and lots of water went to the outside. lets hope thats fixed it. if not ill be back. :)