PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Bushes

beeza
10-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Need some help plz.I'm wanting to replace some bushes that are important when tracking a car.My car is 12 years old.
atm I have -

Front:
- Mugen Lower Control Arm Bushes

Rear:
- Mugen Rear Trailing Arm Bushes
- Isolator Bushes

Want to buy
Front:
- Top and Lower Ball Joint

What else should I be looking to buy plz :)

vinnY
10-10-2008, 12:41 PM
what are the isolator bushes?
only the major ones need changing i reckon
front lca
rear lca
trailing arm bushes
sway bar bushes

beeza
10-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks Vinny.I just installed the sway bar so the bushes are new OEM.So it's just the rear lca bush,I have the front lca.Is the 'trailing arm bushes' just the rear ones? (is there front ones?...)

vinnY
10-10-2008, 12:54 PM
rear trailing arm bushes would be the big circular ones which pivot(check dsp26's thread on them, you'll see pics of mine)
yeah rear lca bushes are pretty important
let me know if you find someone that will do the front.. i asked a shop yesterday and they'd only do it if they supply the bushes too

beeza
10-10-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm on the Gold Coast though.Yonas (JDMYard) can get all the Mugen suspension bushes.I will buy off him and get them installed at my local muffler guy.He's really good and cheap.

STiR
10-10-2008, 01:40 PM
I've just bought Energy Suspension Master Kit for EG, it was $265 delivered to Melbourne from energysusp.com.au (i think that's the correct website). In addition to the bushes you already have, this will be a worthwhile and good value kit. Haven't yet fitted it, so many things to do, so little time :)

beeza
10-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Yeah I've looked into that kit and I found out it will make the car shake/rattle.I just want to replace the major ones not lots of them cause I want it to be comfortable cause it's my daily.

Alexx
10-10-2008, 02:02 PM
brett, i have the hyperflex kit in my car. The people who tell you it will shake and rattle are girls. I drive mine daily with the bushes and innovative engine mounts. Its not a problem at all. Im sure they will be ok

beeza
10-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Yeah,I believe you but I like my car exactly how it feels now.A bit stiffer is cool though.

Alexx
10-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Well vinny pretty much summed it up in the first reply haha.

The LCAs, Rear trailing arm, and rear swaybar bushes will have the greatest effect on the handling of the car. Especially the rear trailing arm bush, as the entire assembly pretty much pivots around that point.

It seems like you have these parts already so im not sure if you should bother getting any more if you want to retain your current feel.

beeza
10-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks Alexx.So I thinking Rear lca and top and lower ball joint bushes.Would the top and lower bushes be for the rear too?

Alexx
10-10-2008, 02:41 PM
The rear doesnt have any ball joints. The rear lower control arm has 3 bushes on it (subframe, shock, RTA), and the upper control arm has 2 (camber arm). IMO they are worth replacing if they are worn.

Im not sure wheather you should bother with the ball joints though. I was under the impression that all they had was dust covers... someone please correct me if im wrong. The bushes are on the actual arms, ie the LCA and UCA.

beeza
10-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks Alexx.
Ok so I should look to replace my Upper control arm bushes (2),front and back or just rear?

Paul1985
10-10-2008, 02:55 PM
The rear doesnt have any ball joints. The rear lower control arm has 3 bushes on it (subframe, shock, RTA), and the upper control arm has 2 (camber arm). IMO they are worth replacing if they are worn.

Im not sure wheather you should bother with the ball joints though. I was under the impression that all they had was dust covers... someone please correct me if im wrong. The bushes are on the actual arms, ie the LCA and UCA.

I'd only replace the ball joints if they were damaged.
Theres a ball joint in the front UCA and you have to buy expensive aftermarket joints for it or puchase the whole arm as honda dont sell just the upper arm ball joint, only the whole arm with joint included... pricey parts to buy aswell.

Alexx
10-10-2008, 02:57 PM
IMO it doesnt really matter. As long as the main bushes are addressed as per vinnys post the difference will be negligable. You can get entire replacement arms for the upper control arms from companies like skunk2 that will allow you to adjust your camber and these will come with new bushes if thats what you are after

edit: paul got in before me. yea i thought the ball joints were to be left alone. thanks

Paul1985
10-10-2008, 03:00 PM
IMO it doesnt really matter. As long as the main bushes are addressed as per vinnys post the difference will be negligable. You can get entire replacement arms for the upper control arms from companies like skunk2 that will allow you to adjust your camber and these will come with new bushes if thats what you are after

edit: paul got in before me. yea i thought the ball joints were to be left alone. thanks

You are correct, i think SPC performance provide a ball joint for the upper arm. Maybe it was a whole arm assembly similar to the skunk2 arm, i didnt look into it all that greatly.

Id just buy a whole bushing kit as someone mentioned. Better to do them all at once than just do a select few and have the others fail in the near future.

beeza
10-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Cool as.I'm getting the jist of it.Thanks guys.

vinnY
11-10-2008, 09:41 AM
if you're interested i got a set of rear upper control arm bushes here, they're hard race ones
i ended up getting a camber kit so i got no use for them :)

they're item 6104 on this page (http://www.hardrace.com/products.asp?strClass1=11&strClass2=22&strClass3=17) i believe

beeza
11-10-2008, 10:30 AM
PM'ed :)