View RSS Feed

wynode

Articles

Rate this Entry
I've been playing around on a test site trying to get the new vBulletin CMS and articles system working. One thing that the articles feature has is that it is a bit more versatile in terms of features and makes the content more appealing as an article should.

I see a few places for the articles as follows (in no particular order)

• Feature Rides
  • DIY articles
  • Reviews
  • General Articles

One handy feature is also the fact that you can work on an article without publishing it straight away. Something that will be very handy for DIYs in progress (and articles in general) and I fell it will result in better presented articles.

This would of course mean moving all the existing DIYs in the DIY forum manually. It's a LOT of work, but should be doable (it's a good thing we have soo many DIY articles so I'm not complaining about the large number of DIYs. Just the work involved in moving them manually.

The last issue to be ironed out is how the sections and categories will be set out. I'm thinking about this and hopefully that should sort itself out after we've figured out exactly what else we're using the CMS for.

At the moment I'm thinking of the "Sections" similar to the Model Specific sub-forums and then categories for everything else.

Ie a DIY related to a Civic will be under the Civic section but part of the DIY category.

Submit "Articles" to Facebook Submit "Articles" to Google Submit "Articles" to MySpace Submit "Articles" to StumbleUpon Submit "Articles" to Twitter Submit "Articles" to Yahoo!

Tags: article, civic, cms, diy, review
Categories
Site Related

Comments