Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha

HeadLight REVIEW

DISCLAIMER : This test was based on my own personal OPINION on the Bulbs, OzHonda or the Manufacturers of the Bulbs have in no ways influenced my decision that I made on this review

Ok, for the past week, I've purchased four different sets of Headlight Bulbs to test on my car and here are the photos..

TEST CAR : Accord Euro - Projector Style Driving Lights
    BULBS : H1

BULBS TESTED : RayBrig Cool Blue (3850K), Osram Premium Whites Plus 50 (4000K I think), Hella Premium Xenon Halogen Plus 50 (3500K I think) and Philips Crystal Vision (4300K)

Here are the photos

First Up, RayBrig....

Next up, Hella Premium Plus 50 (50% Brighter)

Osram Premium Plus 50 (Forgot to take picture of it on driving lights, this was taken while it's in High Beam)

Finally, Philips Crystal Vision

It was a tight fight between The Osram, Philips and RayBrig..

Finally after some thought, I've settled for Philips Crystal Vision for the driving lights and Osram Plus 50 for the High Beams (Works VERY Well in High Beam). I've also changed the Parkers to Philips White bulbs included in the Crystal Vision package..

Parkers....

Headlight Combo.. Sorry about the dirty headlight protectors

HighBeam On....

Well I think that's about it...

My decision, Philips and Osram Joint First, RayBrig a VERY VERY close SECOND and lastly... Hella...

All these lights can't be clearly seen in the city but when you are travelling down unlit roads, they all work VERY well, all gave out good distance especially the Philips and Osram compared to the OEM ones. The RayBrig set sort or give out a more diffused projection on the road and the Hella is ok ok with it's projection. As for the Parkers, nothing much to say except it isn't that ugly Yellowish/Orange glow of the OEM bulbs..

High Beams using all the bulbs GAVE out VERY GOOD lighting and distance.. I was amazed how far the Osram set projected, even better than the Philips..

CHEERS
    Nick
    Last edited by EuroAccord13; 06-10-2004 at 01:57 AM.
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Not a bad write up Nick.

Thanx for your time, effort and money for writing this review up.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Nice writeup!

You can host the images in the gallery if you want Nick (in the tech section)
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    great test... this should help alot of people out on deciding which bulb to buy

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    where were all these bulbs bought from.. locally?

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Quote Originally Posted by [stealth]
    where were all these bulbs bought from.. locally?

Yes my friend.. all bought locally...

CHEERS
    Nick
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Thanks Nick - nicely done.

I have the Osram +50 too - they are a bargain for what they cost (I paid $16 or something like that per globe). The Philips "blue" style globes that Autobarn sell for $55-$120 are a waste of money in my opinion. A white globe is better.

So the Osram +50 on high beam is much better? I have the Osram on driving lights only at the moment.

by the way - did you find it easy to get to the driving globe? It was a bitch for me - ended up getting my dad to do it - a retired motor mechanic.

cheers mate
    y

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    by the way - did you find it easy to get to the driving globe? It was a bitch for me - ended up getting my dad to do it - a retired motor mechanic.

cheers mate
    y

Easy as can be Yoram .... No dramas removing them or the parkers..

CHEERS
    Nick

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Nice one nick, I have to ask, is highbeam, low beam or both HID on the euro lux?

This is very helpful information, I thought the phillips would be a good purchase. I am looking at Phillips HID kit for my base model euro.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Hey Nick, reckon u could post the prices you bought them at too?

Excellent write up

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive
    Nice one nick, I have to ask, is highbeam, low beam or both HID on the euro lux?

This is very helpful information, I thought the phillips would be a good purchase. I am looking at Phillips HID kit for my base model euro.
    Only the Driving lights are HID

Most cars only have HID on their driving lights as HIDs don't really like to be switched on and off constantly... .