Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    White DC2R

PWR FC vs e Manage vs unichip vs Microtech vs ???

hi guyz, just need ur opinions / experiences with the following piggy backs / after market ecu's.

The application is for a Civic EG with the D16a8.
    Mods atm:
    Js racing intake
    Genie Headers 4 > 2 > 1
    X Force Muffler.

Mods comming very soon:
    2" Mandrel bend cat back with Hi flow cat
    Maybe 4 > 1 Headers
    Mugen 10/40 Cams With mugen valve springs

Thats basically all the engine mods i wanna do to the car, and the rest is all sussy. Maybe a little more engine mods like cleaning the intake mani, or something small.

So which aftermarket ecu's / piggy systems are best bang for buck ?
    I was thinking of going Greddy e manage....

opinions ??

Geoff

Member Array
    The most important thing is this... how much money do you have to spend? And also tuning and its cost.... no matter what Piggyback or standalone ECU you have... if u have a shit tuner... itz useless... itz all in the tuning

Member Array
    Car:
    White DC2R
    yeah..l'm gonna take it to advan and ask adrian to tune it for me if he can/ has time

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ATSE
    The most important thing is this... how much money do you have to spend? And also tuning and its cost.... no matter what Piggyback or standalone ECU you have... if u have a shit tuner... itz useless... itz all in the tuning
    The best piece of help and advice I have read for along time.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia
    Member of Master Of Vtec Group

Member Array
    Car:
    White DC2R
    dynodave..
    plzz.shed some light on this thread lols!

ecu

Quote Originally Posted by geo41e
    dynodave..
    plzz.shed some light on this thread lols!
    You have PM
    Buddyclub Australia

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    post on thread dyno dave!!!1 POSSTTT!!!! we sitting here also need to know.

Ecu

What would be the point of my putting up what I think is the best value for money and BLAH BLAH when some internet mechanic will just spin bullshit that I'm wrong and they are right it just pisses my off.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia

Dave you need ignore such people.... don't let things like a certain thread about headers deter you from giving other people on the forum information....

In saying that........ spill ya guts...... NOW!!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Yeah Dave. Some people actually appreciate proven and experienced advice.
    Enlighten us, please.

Ecu

Just ask any of my Honda customers that are using it what they think of Microtech and you will get your answer, the last one I tuned was for Online Performance and the customer is on here (soon2b300hp) his car drives perfect with the new LT-8 Microtech as ATSE said it is not the ECU it is in the tuning.I'm not going to get caught in a bun fight saying that this ECU is better than that one. Remember guys I have been around a dyno for the last 15 odd years I have seen 99% of the ECU's that are currently around and I have no real one that I think is the best as it all depends on what the customer wants and suits his budget.And one more thing if it was not for Dom from Microtech I would not be doing what I do today as he came up to me years ago when I was racing my dragbike and asked me if I wanted to fit fuel injection to it so I did and that is how I got involved in the performance EFI industry.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    PS If it makes you guys feel any better this is what I have in my own cars.
    1988 Civic with a single cam Vtec Hondata S200
    2002 Mazda MX5 track car Microtech LT-8s
    My own road car is a Express van and it has a CARBY
    And sitting in the shed is a M8 Motec with dual Lambda and pro logging that I might fit to something one day when I need to waste 2 days fitting and tuning it.
    Buddyclub Australia

Thumbs up

I gotta agree with ya dave, most ecus will be able to do what the average joe wants it to do. If anything aftermarket support, technical support, and the tuners willingness to stand behind his product with a1 service and follow up is more important...