Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S

Do dealers change to full synthetic for you after 1000km service

Just wondering since i have search all the post reguarding this
    Do dealers change to full synthetic after the 1000kms or 5000km or do you have to do it yourself.

In regards to bringing your own oil in, i asked but they said to keep your warranty you need to use honda oil.

Is there a way to do it besides doing the service elsewhere ?
    "When the christmas light drops the b***sh*t
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    As said before, using non-Honda oil WILL NOT void your warranty - if they tell you otherwise, they are simply trying to make sure that you take your car to Honda for servicing (because they charge more than your usual mechanic generally)

I would say that most dealers will not use full synthetic unless you specifically ask for it.

Do not go to full synthetic until your 5,000km service. Your engine is still running in at 1,000km so it needs the mineral oil whilst the engine is bedding in.

Member Array
    Car:
    00DC2R
    Hornsby Honda didn't even use Honda oil for my 1000km service. they use REPSOL.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    hahaha everyone has different opinions on when to go synthetic i don't know who to listen to
    "When the christmas light drops the b***sh*t
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Go to synthetic once the engine is run in (generally about 5,000km)

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    Here I go again with the engine oil.... (I have search thru all threads but none are for Jazz...)

Me Jazz has done 5000km. I am thinking of changing the engine oil myself until 10,000km for the Honda Dealers... I will go with Castrol Formula R Synthetic 5W-30, not as good as Motul or Redline but I suppose you pay for what you get... My other questions is:

- Is 5W-30 the right grade for Jazz?? Short distance driving most days and like revving the engine a bit...

- I am also considering Mobil 1 but they only have 0w-40, 10w-30 or 5w-50. Which one is suitable for Jazz ?? High Revv...

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Synthetic IMO is too think for everyday cars. I had it in my HSV Walkinshaw and it was using it up. I had NO leaks, NO smoke ,but couldn't work out where it was going. So I went back to the old fashioned stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA
    Synthetic IMO is too think for everyday cars. I had it in my HSV Walkinshaw and it was using it up. I had NO leaks, NO smoke ,but couldn't work out where it was going. So I went back to the old fashioned stuff
    thats y most dealer uses mineral oil..... synthetic oil burns more..... its cleaner than mineral though.....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 2005
    If using non-original Honda oil is the dealer's argument to void our warranty, can I use Original Honda Synthetic oil?

If it is legal to import motor oil into Australia. I'll ship it in myself, easily available for sale in asian countries (such as Honda Singapore). I'll ask my friends there to buy it, and to send 10-15 bottles to me via sea freight. It should last me for a few years of ownership. LOL

http://asiapac.worldpay.com/cnb/shop...odCategoryID=4

It's about A$55 per bottle, after discount before 10% GST, expensive when compared to that FEO stuff, but I still like synthetic.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimp13
    thats y most dealer uses mineral oil..... synthetic oil burns more..... its cleaner than mineral though.....
    wtf man , provided that you are using the correct viscosity, synthetic oil doesnt burn more easily. in general synthetics have a much more stable viscosity at higher temps, not like mineral oil They break down much more easily in comparison to synthetics

dealers use mineral oil coz its cheaper.
    Last edited by D16Y; 08-04-2005 at 08:09 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by ahcash
    Here I go again with the engine oil.... (I have search thru all threads but none are for Jazz...)

Me Jazz has done 5000km. I am thinking of changing the engine oil myself until 10,000km for the Honda Dealers... I will go with Castrol Formula R Synthetic 5W-30, not as good as Motul or Redline but I suppose you pay for what you get... My other questions is:

- Is 5W-30 the right grade for Jazz?? Short distance driving most days and like revving the engine a bit...

- I am also considering Mobil 1 but they only have 0w-40, 10w-30 or 5w-50. Which one is suitable for Jazz ?? High Revv...
    id say 5w-30 is perfect for ur jazz

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    When doing the 1000km service, Do you take it in when it's just under 1000km or just above 1000km since it's you can't get it exactly 1000km??

I just done about 1066km and i can't take it to service til tuesday since honda's servicing department is closed for the weekends and i need to use the car on monday.

I'm gonna estimate my clock is going to do up to 1200km, and by doing the extra 200km, is it going to do any damage?