Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT

Autospeed Euro test claims detonation...

http://autospeed.com.au/cms/A_110863/article.html

The minimum fuel octane is 95 RON; we inadvertently added some 91 RON fuel to one of the cars and the engine could be heard detonating, especially at low revs in tall gears when using small throttle openings. (The other car detonated on the fuel provided in the car by Honda - and then also on the 95 RON we added!)
    Last edited by yfin; 23-10-2008 at 06:37 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    detonation?? the link doesnt work 4 me
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by johnprocter View Post
    detonation?? the link doesnt work 4 me
    fixed it - yeah detonation - otherwise known as pinging that members here have claimed.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Good article and right to the point. I am glad I read this because I am having the following problem and didn't realise it was a characteristic of the car.

But the auto trans has calibration that is less than perfect. The problem is that in some conditions it will allow the engine to go into too a high a gear too early. This can result in the engine lugging at around 1500 rpm at low road speeds, something that causes a slight boom in the cabin and makes the car feel sluggish.

I have a CL9 and seem to notice this slugishness arount 1700-2200RPM. What can be done about this other than drive the car in tiptronic mode? At the end of the day being an automatic it should do this itself!!

CU2 got a big trashing there.....

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    at the place i work with honda upstairs i know they use unleaded on all hondas.
    reason is for "price" issues.
    every single dollar they can cut down they will.
    but dont notice/dont care about the 95 ron rating on honda cars.

just to let you all know =]

when buying new honda i reckon. octane boost and premium/ultimate/v power the next fill up.

=]

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 Mazda6 GG1032
    This was a very honest article, and has made me decide not to get the CU2.

I may wait for the mid life update in 2-3 years, and hope to goodness that this pinging/detonation issue is resolved.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2 Lux Navi 6MT
    I have to disagree with the person who wrote the article in regards to interior space. I am 6 foot 2 and if I have the drivers seat in a comfortable position, I can still fit in the rear seat directly behind the drivers seat. It is not exactly spacious, but I can fit. I also find that the only time I hit my head on the roof in the rear, is if I lean right back. Also, my wife has a baby seat in the back of her Mazda 3, and there is still plenty of room, so I don't see how this would be any different in the larger Euro.

Seems like the reviewer instantly hated the car. Also, when he says some of the guages didn't seem logical, these are things that you get used to with a car. Will he write off any European car because the indicator and wiper stalks are on the wrong side for the Aussie market?

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    2008 Luxury Sat Nav
    He isn't the first to complain about the CU2 and certainly won't be the last.

The reasons why i didn't buy a CU2 are :

- The dash looks shit
    - The rear parcel shelf is a shit colour
    - The boot is all but gone in the base model
    - Legroom seemed less in the CU2 then in the CL9
    - Dealers didn't want to discount

By the sounds of it i was lucky to not have bought a CU2 anyway!
    Honda - The power of dreams? More like the power of nightmares!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by centurionau View Post
    I may wait for the mid life update in 2-3 years, and hope to goodness that this pinging/detonation issue is resolved.
    I think this is a good policy to apply to all makes and brands of cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRV 2011
    this article was super critical he must be a falcodore lover ;p the cu2 is a good car i would take review with a grain of salt

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Euro Luxury
    Maybe with an article being critical of the pinging they might fix it....

I have received a letter from Honda Australia guaranteeing my engine and gearbox for life (as long as I own the car and maintain it per the scheduled maintenance) due to this noise. It is a combination of engine and gearbox and simply needs to be rectified. Anyone worth their salt would research a car before buying and I am sure this article and also this forum will show up reducing sales of what I would otherwise consider a great car (for the missus and I whom are only 6 foot...)