Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Buying Cbr250rr soon

Hey everyone,

After just recently getting my L's i'm looking at buying a bike soon.

Was initially intent on getting a Vtr250, however don't have the budget for 6-7k just on my first bike.

So instead i am planning to get a cbr250rr for around 5ish, if possible, and whatever extra i have, put towards insurance and gear.

But i was just wondering, everyone I've spoken to, says do not buy the JDM models (i'm assuming the early 90's once) and instead buy the AUD models (Late 90's?? )

whats the differences between the 2 in terms of quality?.. if i do buy a jdm model, will it run as well if it's in similar condition but with an 8year age gap.
    ultimately anything which would make me feel better knowing i won't buy a bike which will fall apart wihile crusing along at 60kmh ...
    hopefully this helps other guys out to buy this bike aswell, seeming as a lot of people do...

thanks in advance
    Last edited by Gawdam; 31-10-2008 at 12:48 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, R6

Smile

Buy the tri-colour aussie delivered, better bike. later model.

I had one and it never missed a beat, used to scream, until a car pulled out on me........

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    twin disc brakes on the front of the RR.the swing arms are different on the single R, the RR is much better looking then the sinlge R same engine so don't be fooled.
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    There is really no such thing as a 'late' 90's CBR. They stopped producing them in 1996 (all of the bikes sold up until 98 are bikes built from 'leftover' parts).

For $4-5k I would be looking at getting a GPX or a VTR. There should be no reason that you cant find a VTR250 in your price range.

Ie. http://www.bikesales.com.au/as/searc...entPage=1&x=82
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdster View Post
    There is really no such thing as a 'late' 90's CBR. They stopped producing them in 1996 (all of the bikes sold up until 98 are bikes built from 'leftover' parts).

For $4-5k I would be looking at getting a GPX or a VTR. There should be no reason that you cant find a VTR250 in your price range.

Ie. http://www.bikesales.com.au/as/searc...entPage=1&x=82
    kk I won't deny it... If i could get the newer shaped VTR in the 4k-5k price range i would... But for some reason i just don't like the older one as much. lol... stupid, i know.. but can't explain y i won't get the older one. haha

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda CBR 250RR
    I have a jap spec model CBR 250RR and it goes harder then the aus spec bikes, all in all which ever model you get your going to be happy with them. They are a great balanced bike and you'll enjoy every minute of riding it.

I guess the whole idea is, that even though they're a very old bike, it wouldn't be unsafe to ride a cbr250rr right?
    Brakes not working correctly, gears ect...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda CBR 250RR
    It all depends on who you buy the bike from, if you buy it from a dealer then they will check all that stuff. I've had mine for 6yrs now and I've never had a problem with breaking or gears.

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Hiace
    http://cbr250.com/cbr250/forum/ <------ check that forum.. its a big help.. lots of info and plenty of people can help...

I got a RVF400 and I like them way more than the CBR250's ... I owned one previously and the RVF handles 10000000000000000000000 times better and goes alot harder.

and lol? JDM CBR ?? HAHA!
    Last edited by Henessaayyy; 31-10-2008 at 01:54 PM. Reason: wrote an essay, had nothing good in it

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda CBR 250RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Henessaayyy View Post
    http://cbr250.com/cbr250/forum/ <------ check that forum.. its a big help.. lots of info and plenty of people can help...

I got a RVF400 and I like them way more than the CBR250's ... I owned one previously and the RVF handles 10000000000000000000000 times better and goes alot harder.

and lol? JDM CBR ?? HAHA!
    I agree with you Henessaayyy, the cibby is by far the best bike I have ever owned and she just keeps going like a dream. The best christmas present I have ever bought myself

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    i chopped you on the rvf you prick! LMAO revving it my take offs are too good
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Hiace
    Quote Originally Posted by na-118 View Post
    i chopped you on the rvf you prick! LMAO revving it my take offs are too good
    LMAO! you never got ahead of me... you had the better start, but your bike has good bottom end ... hahaha you had the better start man, thats all.. once my baby hit 8k rpm you were nowhere to be seen