Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    250rr holds their value
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

tru
    I will probably keep the motorbike until i'm onto my full lisence
    so having the piece of mind that they're still in good nick wood be good.

had same dilemma when i was buying my car... whether it was going to be a 18 year old car or 10
    thanks for help guys :-)

Member Array
    Car:
    GG Mazda6 MPS
    Quote Originally Posted by na-118 View Post
    250rr holds their value
    Because there are an endless number of stupid cashed up squids waiting to buy ancient machinery. $5k for a bike built over 18 years ago? Please.

You may have beat a RVF400, but most likely that was due to the inadequacy of the rider on the 400. I've beaten CBR250's in a straight line every time I lined up against them on my FZR, which is reputed (by all knowing n00bs like yourself) to be slower. Does that mean the FZR is quicker? No. It means we're both slow, and that the other rider didn't have as much experience as I had at the time. That's all. And seriously, who buys a motorbike to race in a straight line? You might as well buy a Harley. It might suit your style more.

Seriously though, you and one other on this forum are notorious for stupid and misleading advice. You need to shut up before you hurt someone, squiddy.
    Last edited by Feverpitched; 02-11-2008 at 02:39 AM.
    It's not a f*cking Prelude.

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Hiace
    Quote Originally Posted by Feverpitched View Post
    You may have beat a RVF400,
    He didn't beat me... And people dont 'buy cbrs to race in a straight line'. They buy them because they're the best looking, quickest sports bike for their budget on their L's.
    It just so happens that some people see another biker and decide to race and have abit of fun. Sorry you've never done street racing, all mighty and innocent one.

I guess you're also dissing alot of people who buy sports cars, or buy turbos, or do engine conversions... Because they [sarcasm]obviously also buy those things to race in a straight line[/sarcasm]

Member Array
    Car:
    GG Mazda6 MPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Henessaayyy View Post
    He didn't beat me... And people dont 'buy cbrs to race in a straight line'. They buy them because they're the best looking, quickest sports bike for their budget on their L's.
    It just so happens that some people see another biker and decide to race and have abit of fun. Sorry you've never done street racing, all mighty and innocent one.

I guess you're also dissing alot of people who buy sports cars, or buy turbos, or do engine conversions... Because they [sarcasm]obviously also buy those things to race in a straight line[/sarcasm]
    No, the people that buy them just don't know any better. And I diss idiots who buy cars 'because they're fully sikk bro lol omg wtf hektic, bro'. That's all. You can buy whatever bike you want at the end of the day, but kids who perpetuate the myth that a 250cc motorbike that's over 15 years old and has been thrashed by every owner is the 'best looking quickest sports bike for their budget on their L's' need to pull their head in and get with the times.

And turbo cars. I've owned them before. Engine conversions? Done them. Anything else?

You need to stop making assumptions. Not least of all for the fact that you're obviously not intelligent enough to make them properly, but because they have no place when dealing with strangers.
    Last edited by Feverpitched; 02-11-2008 at 12:29 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    GG Mazda6 MPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Henessaayyy View Post
    Not to mention the V-Twin is a monster engine!
    Thanks for letting myself and others know that you're simply not worth the mental concentration when it comes to talking bikes. Maybe you need to do something productive, like learning a bit about your bike before you start posting dribble.
    Last edited by Feverpitched; 02-11-2008 at 06:28 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    GG Mazda6 MPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlinemotorsport View Post
    in victoria you dont need to have p's if u already have your full license. you just go straight to full license.
    if u r on ur P's for car then get them for bike,
    you can ride any CC or pwr to weight, as long as you display a P plate.
    wierd i know.
    but i went through all of that shit when i was getting my license.
    Wrong.

Member Array
    Car:
    murcielago
    if you want to buy a cbr250rr, let me know. pm me!
    EG5 Powered by DR HONDA
    Tune By: Scott @ Insight Motorsport

QSR Customs

i'll keep that in mind.
    I'm going to start my serious shopping mid to end of December, once i'm on annual leave break + uni is out of the way. Need to save a little more for isurance gear ect.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG B16B
    Quote Originally Posted by Feverpitched View Post
    Wrong.
    im so sorry all knowing one.
    i was actually mistaken.
    the rules have changed,
    and where i was previously right.
    now i am wrong.
    i am sorry if i have offended you.
    i wouldnt want to do that,
    because u seem to know everything about everything.

and people like that are just the sort of people i want to know.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    so Zdster, i'm not looking to argue with you, but from the style of your posts it seems like you are so against people dropping 5k on a 250rr that you're being more bias than helpful. The guy didn't come in here asking whether he should get a VTR or a CBR, its quite clear what model he wants, his query was about the age.
    My first post was about exactly that - the age of the 250's and their production. My other comment was that he could actually find the bike that he was looking for originally in his current price range.

My feeling, like what Feverpitched has mentioned, is why spend $5k on a bike that is 9, 10, 12, 15 years + when you can get something that is less then six years old and presents better value for the same price (if not cheaper)?
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    GG Mazda6 MPS
    The rules have been like that since longer than I can remember. You're either a very seasoned rider well advanced in years, or you're simply spouting rubbish. Given you can't spell "northern" and you can't seem to handle being corrected very graciously, I assume the latter. Of course, being an assumption it may be incorrect, but please, prove me wrong.

What is with you know-it-all kids these days? I'm not even that old and I can't stand the 'tardness of you lot. Don't you cross-check your 'advice' with Google? Wait, is Google broken?

I've had it. Go spend bucketloads on CBRRRRR's, start posing, crash, sell it and be done with it already.